Weird

Our Love Story: The Chobom Timeline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Since the beginning of their friendship, the Apink members weren't very keen on giving kisses to one another. In that sense, their view on physical affection could be unusual for a girl group, but it seemed to be an agreement among the members on a mutual feeling. Many times they'd exaggerate their dislike for kisses by shrieking and making fake puking noises to mask the cringey affection. 

But somehow, that issue was never quite the same for Tom and Jerry, who presented a wonderful contradiction. 

Chorong liked to make kissy-faces by Bomi's side, but that never really counted, and neither did putting her nose to Bomi's lips to smell her breath, although that was a very forward move she never did with anyone else.

Bomi wouldn't mind, of course. She liked skinship the most among the members, and it seemed Chorong was being more open with it too, judging by the amount of touching they had these days. 

So when Bomi found out how much Chorong hated kisses especially, it just made her want to give kisses to the girl more often. After all, she loved to . 

"Unnie! Let's take a selca," Bomi said to Chorong as she stuck her phone out in front of them. 

They both puffed their cheeks out a little for the photo.

Click! That's one.

Then Bomi quickly angled her head and planted her lips on Chorong's cheek, just as the older's expression had begun to change.

Click! And that's two.

By now Bomi had darted away with a giggle, not wanting to get hit as Chorong made a violent motion with coffee in hand.

"Yahh~" 

But this time, instead of getting yelled at, the older girl appeared to have given up on words and simply looked at her with a mixture between a frown and a pout. 

Cute...

Bomi's smile was stuck to her face as she went on to upload the precious pictures to the fancafe, moving fast before the leader could change her mind. 

 

——

 

That's right! The Tom-and-Jerry couple were as alive as ever. On top of their continued captured moments at photoshoots and fansigns, fans were being blessed with a reality show for more behind-the-scenes moments. 

"Apink's Showtime" would be the girls' first TV show since becoming six members, and it was exciting for them to be the first girl group featured.

They had so much fun together in its filming that they would sometimes forget about the cameras. Apink were always real with themselves and their personalities on screen, and that's what their fans loved about them. Their beautiful bond and chemistry easily showed through.

Although fans never doubted the bond between the two eldest members, it was still delightful and reassuring to see that it was like nothing had changed since the days of Apink News. If anything, there were times when they were inseparable, and the dancer would always find her way back to the leader. The new show was packed with their moments together, and it never hurt to have more content of the couple. 

Bomi would be found next to Chorong, as a source of comfort for the girl who was scared of extreme sports and rides, and Chorong would be found taking care of Bomi—drying the girl's tears before bungee jumping, and being the first to her aid, securing a towel around her after the water slide. 

And that was only the beginning. 

 

——

 

The girls settled into a cafe, more relaxed after what they had been through in the bungee jumping ordeal. The show had really started off with a bang! While they were there, Apink did a round of activities suggested by "trendy" male celebrities, one of which involved dancing ily. 

With their current image and their fans in mind, the girls always said they could never see themselves doing a y concept. That didn't mean they weren't capable of y though, and there were definitely members who could pull it off. 

 

The members were used to performing hip hop before their debut, and even after debut they performed some hip hop stages. One was on "YHY's Sketchbook", and another was at their fanmeeting. Both times it happened to be the leader-maknae duo who participated, first with Bomi and then Namjoo. 

But these were just special stages for the fans and nothing more. Apink weren't going for a y concept in the public eye. Not at this time. They still had that fairy-idol image to uphold, even though anyone who knew their personalities knew how far off that really was. 

This meant they could show different sides to them that mostly the fans were aware of, or if people searched hard enough—like at last year's end-of-year celebrations when they changed up the style of NoNoNo, or when they switched songs with Girl's Day and performed Expectation.

 

The girls always joked around Bomi, but their main dancer was their main dancer for a reason. Truthfully there was a iness to her sharp dance moves when she knew how to move her body, and the air of confidence she had with it was very attractive. Chorong saw this despite her initial commentary on Bomi's clothes. Her eyes were glued to the dancer. 

"Your pants are not y. Yahh!" Chorong said as she lightly touched the girl's , making Bomi's elastic pants apparent. 

The younger girl complained, stepping away from the camera, "Ah I was trying to do it! How can you say that!" 

"Okay, okay~" Chorong sat back, halting her teasing. 

When the music changed to Expectation and the three members in front danced properly for once, Chorong only had eyes for one of them. It was amazing how Bomi could switch from her adorkable self to a performer just like that.

And honestly, she still pulled it off. Yoon Bomi made those pants look good. Chorong wasn't going to say that though.

"I was full of confidence but these pants..."

"It was like doing Tai Chi," Chorong joked. 

 

Although Bomi, Namjoo and Hayoung were the nominated members of y dancing during that episode, Chorong could definitely hold her own. It was actually the four of them that could fit into that category of y hip hop. 

The quartet would later be part of a dance battle at one of the year-end festivals and absolutely nail it over the other groups. With barely any skin shown in comparison, oozing such confidence and iness in their sweatpants... Their stage would be a stark contrast to their image as well, being the only participating girl group with a usually innocent concept. This fact—Apink's flexibility in style—would earn them much praise and love from fans and viewers. They were indeed a group with lots of untapped potential. 

Chorong was known for her cuteness though, and she shied away from acting y off-stage. That was why she left the matter alone the first time. It was a little different when it came up a second time. 

Bomi read the prompt out loud, "Apink's y dance queens Bomi, Namjoo and Hay

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter