Spring Of First Love

Our Love Story: The Chobom Timeline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Good night, unnie. Good night, good night.."

"I-I know, Bbom-ah.." Chorong resisted, feeling Bomi's chilling kisses at her cheek as they waddled in a hug to the door. 

"Go. Good night, Bomi-ya.. Come on."

Her eyes were just too inviting to look into. Saying good night and returning to their rooms seemed so practical in thought, but why was it actually so hard? Chorong brought their lips together once more, fluttering high, just for tonight. 

Dreamy smiles painted both of their faces as Bomi finally left to her hotel room the next door down, her touch so reluctant to disappear. Everyone else was quietly back in their places, enjoying the time winding down before sleep. The girls were going to need the energy for performing tomorrow. 

Well, all of them would be lucky to have that energy if the late-sleepers, the 93-line, was going to close their eyes any time soon.

"Yah, didn't you just talk already??" Eunji's eyebrows were up in wonder. 

Seriously? They're still texting each other even after that! 

Her comment came flying from the elated smile stuck on Bomi's face and the little bit of squealing the dancer was attempting to suppress. "I hear a lot of noises coming from there, Bom."

"No, I'm texting my friend," Bomi insisted.

"Right. Girl-friend~"

If Eunji hadn't moved to adjust her pillows, she might've noticed how Bomi looked up startled, and peered down slower, continuing to type away to the receiver. 

"Chorong unnie and I? Aha.. no..."

It was a tease, a joke. The weight of it didn't matter so much to Eunji. It didn't matter the same way it did to a Bomi with tinted cheeks. 

Ripping the bed covers over her shoulder, that's how Bomi ended up playing peek-a-boo with Eunji's camera, in an attempt to hide that blush. In the meantime Eunji was quite enjoying herself, taking photos of her funny friend. 

"Mhm, no? Really?" Eunji said warmly, distractedly, like she didn't believe that was the case.

Though she was bugging about it now, Eunji had to admit her friends were in a much better place than before, and there was a happiness in her to see that. She just hoped they could continue things smoothly like this; free and peaceful, without hiding, without secrets, understanding each other's hearts. 

Bomi eventually wiggled some more and scrunched up the bed covers. It seemed the crown of her head was all that would be poking out for the rest of the night, and Eunji chuckled at her cute retreat. Oh Bomi~

What she didn't know was that Bomi was actually gathering courage in that little cocoon she made. The hands of the clock passed in Bomi's quiet contemplation, and by the time the dancer took a moment to whisper, a part of her had hoped Eunji was already asleep. "Eunji. Eunji!"

"Eh?" she could hear the singer perking up, still awake as ever. "What is it?"

Bomi ate up a breath to realise that, but she had to let her best bud know, and give expressing her feelings a go. 

"Unnie and I... We... We're thinking of going on a date. I asked her," Bomi babbled under the covers. I asked her out.

There was a noisy rustle from the other side of the room as Eunji tried to mute her bursting voice in the middle of the night. 

"Yah!!! Why didn't you tell me that first? I knew you could do it!" 

And who knew a friend could beam so proudly. 

 

——

 

"Everyone, shall we go now?"

"Let's go!" 

"Please look forward to it~"

Chorong held Bomi's hand on instinct, leading the members to follow backstage and find their microphones, ready to appear under the bright lights of the theatre hall and meet their Japanese Pandas once more. 

Chatting comfortably and playing games together, members were punished in the funny props provided. Chorong was really enjoying herself as she fitted thick glasses over Bomi's eyes; a cap of grey hair already in place on the dancer's head.

"Grandma Bomi!"

"Bomi-chan from now on is the leader," Chorong joked.

And Bomi's laughter rang childishly as she pointed at a Chorong who couldn't see through her own funny accessories.

"Cute~" the Japanese fans would say. For Apink, getting scolded over the funny faces they'd pull would never stop them at all. They even squabbled over who was best at it amongst themselves. Only here would you find a group of fairy idols bickering over such a thing! 

"Oh?"

The audience heightened in their reaction when Chorong fed some cake to a fan, using her thumb to wipe the excess in the process. Members' eyebrows raised between Chorong and the crowd and the LED screen in confusion. They were just taken aback. It was in that moment, a pair of eyes flew to Bomi momentarily; the dancer busy with a napkin to clean the floor. 

With their back facing the audience, Bomi returned to her place beside a watchful Naeun. A nudge was what the member was thinking but it never came, because that would be distracting to see. Instead, Bomi noticed her prolonged gaze first and gave her a gentle smile, with the tiniest of shrugs. 

"Not jealous?" That was cautious Naeun's first instinct.

"No? I'm not," Bomi's eyes said meekly, and it was genuine. There was no need to be. 

Naeun's attention drew to the next cake getting fed, the thought dissipating as quick as it came. The knowledge was interesting, intriguing, and perhaps it just made sense. It made sense to them.

It turns out the members might not have to be wary of their reactions after all. In the times the two weren't playing and lowkey flirting in front of them, they were reminded how mature their unnies could be. 

 

 

 

Chorong was mumbling in afterthought, touching the exposed milky skin of her shoulder as they rushed backstage downstairs. "Huh, I wasn't ready to wear something so revealing..." 

When Bomi lifted her arms in a heart, conservative Chorong was quick to put a hand to the sliver of tummy peeking under Bomi's top. Hayoung did the same from the other side and the dancer reacted in giggles to the ticklishness, just trying to pose for the picture. 

Yeah, Bomi could wear that. She was fitted well, no problem. 

Chorong herself had been wearing a pink blouse that fluffily slipped down her back, and there wasn't any time to change it after the doubts came raining on her. She went on stage without being able to do anything! It was an inner chaos to her mind. She wasn't that kind of woman! Chorong felt so ready to justify it to her fans later. 

"It's pretty though." 

"Don't you think it's too much?" Chorong's head whipped around, breeze whisking at her exposed back as her eyes found Bomi's. "You're not pretending you're fine for me, right?" 

"What? No?" Pure confusion met with the leader. "Of course I'm okay with it. Why, unnie?" 

They pulled inside the dressing room for a quick change into their last outfits and Chorong had a moment to talk with her own mind, ideas circulating.

It's.. not like this. Ahh, get yourself together!

She wondered if Bomi might not like it, but the girl was fine. Of course! Why wouldn't she be? What Chorong wore was Chorong's insecurity alone. It pained her to realise where the idea came from, and she had to remind herself that Bomi wasn't.. like anyone she's been with before. Showing skin... It's not like she had to ask for permission, so why was she checking for it? Searching Bomi's reaction?

Bomi, who didn't mind and called her pretty instead.

That little skinship fanservice she did with a fan, Chorong hadn't realised what could go wrong until it was mentioned to her. 

What if, that one person might not appreciate it? Chorong couldn't bear the idea. All of a sudden the worries came, and she chided herself for not thinking. If Bomi was upset about the kinds of skinships they could and could not have... Until then, the thought hadn't entered Chorong's mind. Why didn't it? Why? Should she be more cautious of the things she does, and who she gets close to? It had honestly been a long time since she had to cater to this kind of emotion; jealousy.

But as she turned to Bomi, asking silently in her eyes if it was true, it didn't seem like that at all. None of that seemed to be the case.

Living together as six, they've had many an argument between the members about little things, and these sometimes resulted in unresolved smiles plastered on stage. They were close enough to tell when it felt off, yet Bomi's demeanour was nothing of the sort. 

That green emotion that can take over and consume you if you're not careful, wasn't really there. 

And that's why Chorong hadn't thought of it. That's why the worry hadn't come to mind the first time. There was just no need. 

Because Bomi trusted her that much. And Chorong trusted her too. 

They might not have everything figured out, but that's what they were working on. From the many talks they've had, the things they worry about and the things they're taking slow, they were seeing each other. That seemed clear enough.

Something like that made Chorong want to clasp Bomi's hand first at the end. Perhaps it was for reassurance, or thankfulness. Perhaps it came to her naturally, like a gravitational pull. Standing together in the team of six they would never forget with their Pandas by their side, maybe they didn't have to be so focused on their interactions after all. 

Their relationship was always going to be there at the end of the day, strong without worries.

 

——

 

"Sorry I can't remember the names of Japanese fans. I can't even remember Korean fan names," Bomi said to the camera for Apink Diary. She made a sad face at that. "I'm upset~" she pouted.

After getting frightened by Hayoung and Namjoo previously, Chorong was the next to come see her in her fanmeeting booth.

"It's unfortunate," Bomi said in Japanese, still thinking about the Pandas' names when she placed her hands on Chorong's shoulders. The leader looked at her curiously through warm brown eyes. 

These were the times when Chorong would look at Bomi adoringly, hearing her voice, seeing her smile. She allowed herself to cherish it. The dancer could be saying anything really, and Chorong was just lost in her. Now that their feelings were accepted in this warm relationship they have, she could look at Bomi all she wanted. 

Bomi went over the fans' names by counting on her fingers. "Shiori-chan... Yumi-chan... Masami-chan—"

"Chorong-chan~ Chorong-chan~" the older girl in, eyes big, trying to meet Bomi's line of vision. "Chorong~" she said cutely, softly.

"...Airi-chan," Bomi continued, digging through her memory.

"Chorong~ Chorong–"

"Chanmin-ie!" Bomi counted the last finger in success.

"Chanmin-ie, Yongmin-ie..." Chorong continued as Bomi turned around to check something, and then she tapped her name on the end wanting to be included again. "Chorong!"

 

——

 

"About that date.." Bomi released Chorong's cheek with a peck when no one was looking, and the older girl blanched.

"Bbom!" They were all having dinner together. 

"About that date," Bomi repeated softly, pulling them into their own world at the table. "When can we?"

It was easier said than done. Chorong thought about it. There wasn't much time they had left here in Japan with their promotional tour coming to a close, and there was still so much left to see. It's unfortunate. 

"Well, Seoyeon unnie and Jiyoo unnie said they'd be coming with me to visit the last music store.. Did you want to—"

"Then I'll come too," Bomi said immediately, meeting a furrowed pair of eyebrows.

Chorong's hand found hers under the table.

"Would that be okay? With the unnies?" the leader asked to be sure. What if it's not fun?

"I'll make it fun," Bomi smiled at ease. "As long as we're together."

 

So, it wasn't the kind of romantic sitcom date you might expect. Spending time together outside, playing where they want to... That wasn't something t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter