[dawn] four

those early nights

For the rest of the day, Mingyu just wondered about Wonwoo’s request.

The tall boy knows that if he agrees, he will be the talk of the school. He is the type to always care about the opinion of many. Of course, everyone will gossip about how the tall, dark and handsome guy talked to the gay outcast.

To be honest, Mingyu doesn’t want to accept Wonwoo’s offer not only because of the judgement of the school population, but also due to the fact that the fox-eyed boy makes him feel quite guilty. He can’t work with a person who he degrades in the past.

But Mingyu, as usual, doesn’t have any other option. Currently, the most important thing for him is to pass the subject—not the society, not Wonwoo, not any other issue. He decided that he will just it up and do anything just to survive the school year.

Even if that includes having a compromise with Wonwoo.

Mingyu groans, pitying his pathetic state. Why did he have to experience this kind of situation? He curses loudly, before going to sleep.

 

 

 

 

Mingyu arrives at the deserted library and immediately spots Wonwoo, who is sitting with his friends, and laughing uncontrollably but quietly. Mingyu was fascinated about how his nose scrunches, just letting out silent happy sounds without a care about the world. The tall boy never imagined that Wonwoo can smile and laugh that much, given that the boy was discriminated.

Mingyu thinks that laughing suits Wonwoo.

The dark-haired boy’s companions are also sincerely happy. Mingyu knows Jeonghan and Hansol because he memorized the names of all the students who are the targets of bullying. Mingyu continues to watch and the trio still haven’t noticed the tall boy. They finally stopped laughing when Hansol showed a paper to Wonwoo. The latter has curiosity reflected in his gleaming eyes, then proceeded to read the content. After a moment, he turns to the Caucasian with an evident grin.

“You wrote this?” Wonwoo with pleasant disbelief. Mingyu strains his ears so hard to hear the conversation.

Hansol was flustered because of his friend’s reaction. “Yeah, well, it’s not that much. The lyrics are still incomplete—”

Unfortunately, Hansol’s words were cut when Mingyu decided to approach them, harboring the attention of the three. He can’t just stand there dumbly the whole time.

But Mingyu kind of regretted doing so, after seeing Jeonghan and Hansol’s deadly stares directed to him.

“Hello. Can I talk to Wonwoo for a bit?”

Jeonghan immediately leaned forward, as if trying to shield Wonwoo, which is hard to do especially when they are sitting.

“Why? What do you want with our Wonwoo?”

Mingyu is taken aback of the long-haired guy’s overprotective attitude towards Wonwoo. The Caucasian’s glare is also intimidating and too cautious. Mingyu cannot blame them though, because he is aware that they have been through a situation that made them lose their trust with people.

Before Mingyu can explain and defend himself, Wonwoo rested his hand on Jeonghan’s shoulder, calming the other.

“Hyung, it’s fine. We’ll just talk on the next table. I’ll be back in a flash.”

“But Wonwoo—”

Wonwoo gave Jeonghan a final look. “It’s okay. Don’t worry.”

The dark-haired boy stood up, gesturing for Mingyu to follow him. They both sat on the next table. Wonwoo stayed silent, waiting for Mingyu to start talking.

Mingyu fidgets in his seat, overly conscious of the stares of Wonwoo’s friends. “Well… I just want to inform you that I’m done thinking about it.”

Wonwoo perks up to this, suddenly nervous. But he didn’t say anything, just nodded, patiently waiting for the tall boy to continue.

“I’ll do it.”

“What?” Wonwoo asks with a quiet voice.

“I’ll do it.” Mingyu repeated. “I mean, I’ll act… as Virgil.”

The dark-haired boy’s face lit up, his happiness cannot be contained. He clapped his hands softly.

“Really?” Mingyu nodded. “Oh God, thank you.”

Mingyu felt Wonwoo’s gratefulness reach his heart. Wonwoo’s eyes became glassy, making Jeonghan and Hansol panic. They rushed to Wonwoo, asking him what’s wrong. He just laughed shakily.

“Don’t worry guys, I’m fine.”

Mingyu excused himself, slightly dumbfounded by Wonwoo’s quite emotional burst. He noticed that these past few days, he seems to witness Wonwoo’s unexpected sides, different from what he thought the boy would be. Mingyu thought that Wonwoo is just a pathetic gay who can’t even cheer up himself. But right now, he slowly starts to think otherwise.

Before Mingyu leaves, Wonwoo looks up to him, a soft smile evident on his face.

“Thank you, Mingyu.”

And that occupied Mingyu’s mind for the rest of the day.

 

 

 

 

Mingyu was greeted by a grumpy Seungcheol and an amused Seungkwan.

“Someone saw you approach Wonwoo, yesterday.” Seungcheol immediately growled when Mingyu reached the two. “Explain.”

“What about it?” Mingyu asks, confused. “We just talked about the play. No big deal.”

The older glares at Mingyu. “Make sure that no funny business is happening, Mingyu.”

The latter looks baffled. “What’s wrong with you, Hyung? Why are you so- so angry?”

“We don’t associate ourselves with those losers, ‘Gyu. Just a reminder.” He replied, then angrily stomped away.

Mingyu gives Seungkwan a questioning look. The latter just raised his hand in surrender. “I don’t know too, Mingyu. He’s just suddenly angry when we overheard two students talking about how you voluntarily talked to Wonwoo.”

“That’s the first time he acted like that, especially to us.”

The chubby boy nodded. “This is going to be the one of the rare times that I actually agree with you.”

 

This is a short update sorry! I am kind of stuck at the moment and I am still working on it. Thank you, please bear with me!