[before dawn] kmg

those early nights

Anyang is not an entirely reserved and traditional place, but the idea of queerness, or something along the lines, is still not fully embraced by the public.

That’s why when a certain quiet dark-haired boy, whose name is Jeon Wonwoo, decided to say to his guy friend, “I feel funny when I’m with you,” his supposed to be normal first year of high school had a 360-degree turn. Vandalisms on his locker and desk—well, basically on everything he owns—drastically increased as he tries so hard to go on with his life. Words like gay, , homo, queer, disgusting, and other insults that anyone can possibly think of, echoed in the hallways whenever Wonwoo passes by, with his head lowered down and feet shuffling fast as if he avoids the spotlight.

The boy never escapes this though, especially when the bullies decided that they have a lot of fun each time they aggravate him. The spectators soon joined in, glad that they are not the targets of the big guys.

One of these spectators is Kim Mingyu, the perfect incarnation of adorableness and extreme degree of hotness, with canine teeth and big smiles—sometimes cheeky smirks—and all. But, of course there’s always a but, he is an overly excited kid, and can be embarrassing most of the times.

In short, many people love him and his quirks.

It is given that Mingyu can never not join any fun, so he takes part in the conversations of people degrading Wonwoo, throwing in insulting jokes every now and then. But he doesn’t go extreme, like writing harsh words on the boy’s books using red ink, or physically abusing the boy. This, he believes, is due to the work of his remaining conscience, and he is definitely not that mean.

Mingyu takes the situation lightly, not really minding how this affects the victim. He is also a practitioner of the belief that goes, “It’s fine as long as it’s not me.” He doesn’t quite understand why people are making a big deal out of it (mind you, he’s not homophobic), but he admits that he likes fun so why not.

But little did he know, the boy he doesn’t really care about will change his life along with his heart.

---

Anyang: is a city in Gyeonggi Province, South Korea, the hometown of Kim Mingyu.

---

To be honest, after reading the book entitled 'A Walk to Remember', I felt the surge of inspiration flow within me. It is a good book, and I think that it is a waste not to depict my ult ship in that type of setting. So here I am, writing this fanfic. This is my very first time to write a fic so please bear with me, thank you!