Chapter 2!

Love Should Go On!

A loud bang resonated as Minho stopped outside the guest bedroom on the east wing of the palace. He was followed by the royal family doctor. He could hear loud ruckus happening on the other side of the door. Taking a deep breath to brace himself, he opened the door. The moment he stepped in he had to duck down, as a pillow was thrown at his face. What he forgot was the young doctor behind him, who took the hit on his behalf!  After checking to see if the doc was fine, he walked in. The sight in front of him was a mixture of comedy and horror. The entire room looked like a typhoon had just passed by. He could see two of his maids hiding behind their trays and the cause of all of this was standing in the middle of the room breathing heavily. Kibum’s entire face was red, probably after effects of drugs and alcohol in his system. He was throwing whatever his hand found at the butler who probably was just trying to calm him down. Sighing, Minho made his way towards his hostage, who was so out of it that he didn’t see that his kidnaper was in the same room as him. Just as he raised a precious vase to throw it at the poor butler, Minho caught hold of his hand turning him and pulling him towards his chest.

Kibum’s POV

Just as I was about to throw the vase I found at the butler, I was pulled into a hard chest. My first instinct was to attack as I tried freeing myself from the strong hold. It would have helped my case if I was not so badly hangover! I have had my moments of hangover before but this was the first time when my body was feeling all hot. My legs didn’t have any strength. And it was purely my survival instinct that had me fighting for so long!

As I finally put some distance between me and the other person, I stepped back to see who it was that dared to lay their hands on me. Shock would have been an understatement! There, standing across from me, effortlessly looking absolutely handsome in all his 181 cm glory, was Minho, my ex-fiancé! A part of my past that I desperately tried to forget as I woke up each morning. In five years, Minho had gone from being a flower boy with long wavy hair to a handsome hunk with luxuriant brown hair that accentuated his gorgeous face. His lean, powerful, athletic body was covered in simple black cotton shirt and jeans; casual yet chic. For me, Minho had always been a perfect description of Greek God in all his tan glory. Just seeing him after five long years, I could feel butterflies flutter in my belly.

“………..Minho….?”

“And here I thought you forgot all about me.” he replied silkily as he took a step towards me. I could feel my chest heave for breath as I took a step back. He always had this dominating effect on me. Me being an omega and him being an alpha didn’t help at all! I held my head high and stared him in the eye!

“You’re responsible for bringing me here?!” I demanded. When I saw him smirk, I felt my blood boil! “Why on earth would you do that!?”

I could see his dark eyes harden as he glared at me with narrowed gaze. “Maybe I was curious for an explanation as to why I woke up to find you gone leaving behind our engagement ring.” I felt anger surge through me at the accusatory tone! Wow does he think he is?! “Just stop right there!!! You must be out of your mind to think I owe you anything! What right do you have to bring me here?! How did you even bring me here?! Where is this place?! Who are these people?! Why am I called Young Master?!”

 Just as I was about to continue with my ranting, I felt a pressure on my lips, and a strong grip on my arms holding me in place. HE DID NOT!!! As I pushed him, I quickly rubbed my lips on my sleeves to wipe his touch! How dare he kiss me??!!!!!

“WHAT THE !!!! ARE YOU CRAZY? HOW DARE YOU?!” Before I could slap him, he caught hold of my hand again! Why can’t he take the hit like a normal person?!!!!!

“I’ll suggest you shut up. Or should I shut you my way?” he asked smirking. I pulled my arm from his grip and stepped back, covering my lips with my other hand. What is wrong with him?! Why is he behaving like this?! How can he just randomly kiss me in front of everyone?! I want to go home!! My head hurts!!!!!

Minho’s POV

I saw fear flash in his eyes at my words. He covered his lips with his hands as he stepped away from me. Why does he look so scared suddenly? Sighing, I said-

“To answer you, you are in Dokkam. How you are here? Simple! I drugged you and brought you here.” Before I could continue, he screeched –

“YOU DRUGGED ME????? HOW DARE YOU?! I’M REPORTING YOU!!!!! WHERE IS THIS PLACE?! YOU BASTARD! I ALREADY KNOW ITS DOKKAM! WHERE IS THIS PLACE???? SEND ME HOME NOW!!!!” Suddenly, he grabbed his head as he started falling forward! Thanks to my athletic instincts, I caught him before he ended up smacking his head on the floor. As I held him, I could see his face scrunched up in pain, tears flowing down his face... even his scent was all off! I picked him up bridal style and carried him back to his bed. I regretted drugging him when he didn’t fight me back as I carried him. All he did was moan in pain holding on to his head, crying all the while.

Laying him down, I looked toward the doctor. He stood behind a chair, ready to take cover if something akin to a fight broke up. Coward!

“DOCTOR! Come here and check him!” I called out to him. Instantly snapping out of his trance, he made his way towards the bed, gently wiping his forehead with his handkerchief. I stepped aside to give him way. He pulled out a stethoscope and started checking Kibum. Then, he held his wrist as he timed his pulse. Humming to himself, he turned towards me, asking-

“Did he take any pills?”

“Zolpidem.” his head snapped towards me as I replied. I glared back at him to keep his mouth shut. Sighing to himself, he pulled out a injection from his bag.

“I’ll give him an injection. He should be fine by tomorrow. He needs to sleep the effects of the pill off.” Saying this, he prepped Kibum’s arm for injection. Before the needle could touch his arm, Kibum sat up pulling his arm back yelling “NO!!!!!!”. As I looked at him, I saw pure, unadulterated fear! He kept his eyes on the needle! Was he scared of needles!? I made my way on the other side of the bed. Sitting on it, I put my arms around his shoulder.

“Kibum.” he didn’t react. His eyes stayed glued to the needle. I turned his head towards me and held his face between my hands.

“Look at me, it’s going to be fine. It will make you feel better.” He started shaking his head as tears flowed from his eyes. His pupils were dilated. He was far too gone in his fear. I pulled him towards me as I pressed my lips on his. He went stiff in my arms. I could feel wetness on my cheeks from his tears. When I heard a soft ‘done’, I pushed him back lightly just in time to notice his eyes roll back in his head as he passed out in my arms. I felt fear grip my heart as I looked towards the doctor.

“Don’t worry, he is fine. It’s probably trauma from his needle fear and some effects of the pills.” Nodding, I laid him down and covered him with the blanket. Even as he slept, he had a troubled expression on his face. His eyebrows were furrowed.

“Can I have a word with you Your Majesty?” I heard the doctor ask as he looked at me. I knew what this talk was about. I nodded as I pointed towards the door with my chin. He walked towards it without any more words.

“Keep an eye on him, will you?” I told Soojin hyung, who nodded silently. Taking a last look at him, I made my way out, closing the door behind me.

He sighed before saying-

“Are you going to tell me what’s going on here? Why do you have an omega who, if I’m not wrong, you drugged and kidnapped?” As I just stared back at him, he huffed and said-

“You know you can trust me. We have been friends Minho, friends even before I took over my dad’s place and became the royal physician. I just need to know so I can help you. From what happened inside, it’s clear that you both know each other. Who is he? Why did you drug him?” There is no return; what he said is true, I do need his help.

“You remember five years ago I went to New York to study?” When he nodded I continued, “I met him there. His name is Kibum. He was in my university, studying fashion. To put it shortly, we fell for each other and I ended up making him my fiancé.” His eyes were popping out of their socket, but I raised my hand to stop him from interrupting. “You know what happened back then. I was planning to bring him back with me when I was summoned. But he left, he left without any explanation. Broke our engagement and disappeared. I thought I was over him, but when I saw him in that gala, I just wanted him back. I don’t know what happen, I just wanted him. I don’t even know why but before I understood what was happening, I had already drugged him and had him brought on the plane to bring him back. Trust me, when I realized my actions, you were the first person that came to my mind.” I looked at him with desperation, hoping he would understand my inner angst. He sighed before putting his hand on my shoulder.

 “I understand Minho, but you know keeping him here without his consent is wrong. Also he is an omega and what you used on him is solely for alphas! It can wreck his body!” 

“I know Suho….I know but I didn’t have an option! It’s not like I planned this! I just had the pills you prescribed me, so I ended up using those! But will he be alright?! It won’t have any long term effects on him right?!”

“Lucky for you, it was one single dose, so it won’t have any lasting effects. He’ll just be very hormonal for a few days. You know how hormonal omegas are, this just messes it badly. But he should be fine. Just make sure he stays hydrated and eats plenty.” Just as I was about to thank him, a guard came rushing in.

“Your Highness! Your Highness!” as he bent over huffing, we both looked at each other in amusement.

“Yes.”

“Ehhh…..your uncle is here and is asking for an audience with you!” Oh Man! Just what I need at the moment!

“Fine. him to the study room. I’ll join him shortly.” As he left, I turned towards Suho.

“I need your help. Just back me up okay?” he nodded as amusement played on his face. You haven’t even been here for 24 hours and you’re already causing me trouble! What do I do with you Kibum?!

As we entered the study, I saw my uncle sitting on the couch. How I hated this arrogant man! Each time I came face to face with him, it took me great efforts not to lash out!

“What pleasure do I owe to have this meeting, dear uncle?”

“Minho! What’s with the sarcasm? Can’t I come and visit my dearest nephew because I miss him?”

“Uncle, we both know the truth, so can we cut the chase and come to the point?” I could see his expression change. His eyes narrowed as he said-

“As you wish. Minho, a little bird came to me and told me you have a hostage here. A very beautiful hostage. Care to fill in on details?” he said sleazily. I tightened my fist, trying to control my temper. It won’t be good if he finds out about Kibum. I was hoping to hide it form these people. But now it can’t be helped.

“I didn’t know you had gossiping as one of your hobbies Uncle.”

“You didn’t deny, so it’s true. You are holding a hostage here in the palace!” he smirked. How I wish I could slap it off his face!

“He is my friend. He is here because he is suffering from amnesia. I brought him here to get him checked by Suho.” I told him as I gestured toward Suho, who stepped ahead and filled in,

“I can second that. Minho called me last night to inform me he was bringing his friend and I should come and check on him.”

“A friend who we didn’t know of…” he said suspiciously.

“I met him in New York. We never got a chance to discuss him. And I kind of lost touch with him when I was summoned back five years ago for you know what.”

“And New York doesn’t have good doctors?”

“Of course he tried them. But you know how some diseases need different treatment before they are cured.” I knew he was getting angry as the time passed.

“This isn’t the end Minho! I will find out more about this and then you’ll see!”

“Be my guest! And it is ‘Your Majesty’ to you, not Minho! Next time I am not properly addressed, I’ll have your head for it!” I said as he left with angry steps. His footsteps resonating through the entire hallway. I plopped on the couch as I sighed again. I could feel a migraine build behind my eyes.

“What are you planning to do? You know he’ll snoop around and be back….” I heard Suho ask.

“I don’t know….I really don’t know.”

“You know you can count on me any day. Just let me know if you need my help. I’ll take my leave now before my dad gets on my case!” I laughed with my eyes still closed. I’m lucky to have a friend like him, who I can depend on any day. As I heard the door close behind me, I sighed again; the magnitude of my actions finally coming back to me. Just as I was about to catch some shut eye, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. Pulling out, I saw a messaged popped up. What it read had me swearing under my breath.

From: Jinki Hyung

Heard you have a guest in the Palace. Never thought you would be a hosting type, but guess what!

Your brother is on his way to Dokkam! I would start praying if I were you~

All the Best!!!!!!

 

DAMN IT!!!!!