Chapter 13!

Love Should Go On!

Minho’ s POV

As I made my way towards Kibum’s room, I could not help but feel guilty. Taemin is my responsibility, but with so many official matters coming up, I could not help but ignore my responsibility. I am thankful to Kibum for looking after Taemin.

As I entered his room, I found it empty. Just as I was about to turn and exit, I heard some giggling coming from the ensuite bathroom. Making my way towards it, I peeped in to check. The scene before my eyes was very adorable! Taemin was sitting in the tub splashing around as Kibum tried to wash him!

“Yah Taemin! Stop splashing, you are making me wet!” I could not help but laugh hearing them. If someone was to walk in on this scene, it would look to them like a mother was scolding her naughty son for making mess! Kibum would make a very loving yet strict mother someday!

My laughter must have alerted them of my presence, as a cute yell followed soon after.

“Uwncleee!!!!”

There was no point in hiding now. Pushing the door, I walked in, making sure not to step on any wet patches on the floor.

“Is our Crown Prince having his royal bath now?”

“Yessss!!!  I haf Buddlee too!!!!!” he said, splashing around to make his point.

“Yahhh!! Taemin!” Kibum’s scolding was met with more giggles.

Suddenly, I wanted to be a part of this homely scene.

 

Kibum’s POV

As I tired holding on to this wiggly baby, another pair of hands joined mine in the tub. There, sitting next to me with his shirt sleeves rolled up to his elbows was Minho.

“Wh…what are you doing?” I asked him

“Helping you bathe him.” he said as his eye twinkled with mischief.

“Bu..but your shirt…..”

“It’s just a shirt Kibum….” He said smiling as he turned towards Taemin.

“Well then My Prince, shall we start by washing your hair now?” he said as he asked Taemin for his permission, getting a giggle from him.

“Yes!!”

 

Suddenly my nose was filled with a very musky scent. Looking up, I found Minho leaning over me. What the hell is he doing??? In front of the baby that too!!!!

“Is this the shampoo you were going to use?” he asked, suddenly waving a bottle of baby shampoo in front of my face.

Huh! Shampoo??? Kibum-ah! He was just grabbing shampoo!!!

“Kibum?”

“Huh! Oh yes….this is it!”

Nodding he squeezed a generous amount on his palm.

“Eh Yah! Not so much!” I quickly grabbed his palm to scoop some out, transferring it back to the bottle.

“Eh…sorry…..”

“Have you ever done this before?” I saw him look away as his cheeks coloured up a bit.

“Ehh….not exactly….” I could not help but chuckle at his awkwardness.

“Well then just follow my lead. Here, rub your hands together like this….” I told him as I grabbed his palms to show him how to lather the shampoo. When it was foamy enough, I turned towards Taemin.

“Taemin….baby close your eyes okay?”

“Wokay!” he cutely replied as he shut his eye with his palm.

“Kidum?”

“Yes Tae?” I inquired as I pour some water over his hair lightly.

“Kidum Kwiss Uwncle nwow?”

“What???!”  He removed his palms from his eyes as he looked towards us with mischief.

“Daddy twell Tae twof cwole wyes ten kwiss Mommy! Kidum Tae cwole wyes! Kidum Kwiss Uwncle?”

Aish this kid!!!! What all has he seen his parents do?! Just what all do his parents do in front of him???

“No, we are not kissing. I told you right, only married couple like your parents do this. We are not married! Now close your eye or you will get soap in your eyes!” I huffed, to which he giggled but covered his eyes again. Turning to my left, I saw Minho with that twinkle in his eyes again.

“WHAT??”

“Nothing….” He said smirking. Even though I have not met Jonghyun hyung’s husband, but I feel like Taemin takes too much after his Uncle.

“Stop smirking and soap his hair! If you are going to be here, then at least be useful!”

“Yes Your Grace!” he replied as he started soaping Tae’s hair.

“Taemin-ah! ‘His Grace’ KIDUM is angry! We had better not anger him more!” I heard him whisper to Taemin, and both of them shushed each other while giggling!

“Yah! What are you both conspiring there?”

“Nothing” “Nowing” both replied together with more giggles. Aish! As I stood there I could not help but notice how gentle Minho was with Taemin. He would make a great father someday! Kim Kibum what are you even thinking?! This has got nothing to do with you! You need to think of ways to get yourself out of here! My babies are still in day care! How come no one has looked for me yet?! Why did Woohyun not file a missing person complaint yet? Ehhh!!!! Why am I being so domestic and not trying to leave?!!!

“bum…Kibum…”

“KIDUM!!”

“Ehh….what?” I was startle hearing Tae yell.

“I am done washing his hair…..what do I do now?” he looked at me with that unsure gaze.

 “Did you rinse it?”

“Yes I did.”

“Okay….here, take this soap and do the exact same with the rest of his body. I will get some towels and his clothes out till then.”

“Okay….”

As I made my way out, I could not help but sigh. Here I am, being all domestic and forgetting that I still need to find my way out. Realisation hit me when I understood that I had not been thinking of leaving for the past few days. Was it because Jonghyun  hyung trusted me with Taemin while he was leaving or….????

No! It was definitely Taemin! Yes, Kibum it was Taemin! You know Minho cannot look after him, hence you are helping! Making a resolution to myself that I will focus on leaving now, I made my way in with the towel.

Both of them were having fun splashing around. Aish! These kids!

“Yah! You are making a mess!” I scolded both of them. That is when everything went spiralling. Just as I took a step towards them, Minho stood up and slipped, taking me down with him. As we crashed on the floor, I felt a pair of usually straight soft warm lips on my own. A pair of big doe eyes stared at me. Everything became a blur as I could hear my own heart beat paired with another in my ears.

“Uwncle! Kidum! Mwarry!! Yepieeee!!!” Hearing Taemin’s excited scream brought all the effect to an end. Both of us pulled apart, but as he tried to get up, he slipped back again falling on me. A whine left my mouth as his weight came crashing on my chest. Holding on to the edge of the tub, he stood up, lending me a hand to pull myself up.

“I apologise Kibum….” he apologised as he kept holding my hand.

“It…It’s alright….” I said as I pulled my hand back.

“Uwncle Mwarry Kidum!” this startled us as we turned towards him.

“What??”

“Uwncle! Kidum! Kwiss….Mwarry…..Yepieee!”

“EHH!!! NO!  It does not work this way! Aish! You! Let’s get you out of that tub now! And you, go change out of those wet clothes!” I picked Tae out of the tub and wrapped him in a big towel as I told Minho to get changed. I took Tae back to my room to put him in some clothes and probably change my own too.

Minho’s POV

That….That was awkward! I absolutely must have a word with Jinki hyung! What is he even letting Taemin see?! That kid is too curious for his own good! As I got changed, I decided to see if Kibum needs any help with Taemin. I have been taking advantage of his goodwill far too much. He needs his rest as well, and with Taemin being a ball of energy, it is not going to be possible. When I made it to their room, I saw a maid cleaning the mess we made, but no Kibum or Taemin.

“Where did Kibum and Taemin go?”

“Your Majesty! Master Kibum took the Prince to the kitchen. The Prince insisted that Master Kibum cook for him like His Grace does.”

“I see…” I turned and made my way towards the royal kitchen. Taemin was standing on a chair next to Kibum as he stirred something on the stove.

“Taemin-ah! Could you please get down from there, everything is hot over here. You could get hurt baby!”

“Kidum! Taemin cee!”

“Okay, okay! But do not bend over the stove please!”

 I cleared my throat to get their attention. Both of them turned to check who it was.

“Uwncle! Come! Kidum cwook faw mwe wike Mommy!” Taemin squealed excitedly. I made my way over to them standing on Taemin’s other side to see what was being made.

“Tae be careful! What are you making?” I asked Kibum. He glanced at me from under his eyelashes before turning to his dish as he replied,

“Chicken stew”

“Do you need some help?”  He must have not expected me offering help, as he seemed shocked.

“Do you even know how to cook?”

“Ehhh… well you could guide me…” Sighing, he replied

“Okay….why don’t you try to make rice then. It’s over there. Measure a cup and a half in that pot.” He pointed over to the counter where he had set up a bag of rice and a pot.

“Mwe Mwe! Taemin Hwelp too!” both of us looked at Tae and gulped. No offence to both Jonghyun hyung and Jinki hyung but as cute as their son was, he was a recipe for disaster!

“Ehh….Prince Taemin, why don’t you watch over your Uncle and see if he does it well?” Kibum told him.

“Wokay!” He squealed excitedly. I helped him down from his chair and picked him up to place him on the counter to watch. After I was done measuring the rice in the pot, with lots of prompting from Tae, I took the pot to Kibum.

“Is this fine?”

“Yes! Now wash the rice till the water runs clear, then put your hand and fill the water till it reaches this level.” he said as he demonstrated for me.

It took me a while with Taemin wanting to help to complete this task.

(“Uwancle! Put swop inn!!!”

“No Taemin! We are washing rice! Not clothes! No soap!”

“Now swop???”

“No….”

“Ohhh…..”)

 Then, Kibum took the pot from me to put it in the rice cooker.

“Take a seat; I’ll get the remaining things done.” Nodding, I took Tae with me and sat at the table, watching Kibum scurrying around, completing his dishes.

“Uwncle!”

“Yes Tae?” I turned my attention to him while patting his hair.

“Uwncle Mwarry Kidum?” Will he ever drop this topic???!

“No Tae, I did not marry Kibum.”

“Wai???”

“What do you mean why?”

“Uwncle Kwiss Kidum! Tae cee! Daddy Kwiss Mommy! Kidum tell Daddy Mwarry Mommy! Uwncle Kwiss Kidum! Wai Uwncle no Mwarry Kidum???” Sighing, I pulled him towards me and pinched his cheeks.

“Do you want me to marry Kibum?”

“Yesss!!!  Tae wike Kidum! Kidum Pweety wike Mommy!” he said giggling.

“What are you both talking about?” Kibum said with his hands on his hips. Huh. Tae definitely got both the ‘pretty’ and ‘like mommy’ part right.

“Nothing!!” I told him as I made a shushing motion to Taemin, who copied it back.

“Well, if you say so! Dinner is ready, let’s eat!” he said as he served the food. Handing me a plate, he propped a high chair next to his chair and picked Taemin and sat him in it.

“Come on, open up Tae!” he said as he scoped a spoonful of rice and stew and blew on it, cooling it down before feeding Tae.

“How is it?”  He asked Tae who squealed with stuffed mouth!

“Wyum Wyum!!!” both of us could not help but laugh at his cuteness!

I scooped a bit of rice from my plate and ate it, savouring the spicy flavour!

“How is it?” Kibum asked me as he stared at me.

“It’s delicious! It has been a while since I ate something this tasty! Reminds me of the time when you cooked for me in our dorm room!” I smiled at him, complimenting his cooking skills and reminiscing about out past.

Clearing his throat a bit, he looked away with a blush painting his cheeks as he said-

“I’m glad you liked it!”

“It is the absolute best! But would it not be too spicy for Tae?” I inquired as I looked at Tae who was chomping it down without any trouble.

“Ehhh….I removed a portion of it before spicing it up.”

“That is very considerate of you. Thank you”

“There is nothing to thank for!”

“Kidum! Ahhh!!” Tae opened his mouth like a hungry baby bird when Kibum stopped feeding him.

“Here.” I held out a spoonful of rice and stew in front of Kibum’s mouth.

“What?”

“You are busy feeding Tae, by the time you will be done, your own food will become too cold to eat. Let me help you. Come on open up!” Blushing a bit, he opened his mouth to take in the food.

“Uwncle! Tae too!” He said as he grabbed the spoon and scooped messily from my plate and held it out in front of my mouth. I opened my mouth only for him to jam the spoon way back into my throat, successfully choking me. I started coughing as the food went down the wrong pipe!

“Tae! You do not jab someone like that!” Kibum scolded him as he stood up and got a glass of water.

“Here.” he held the glass to my mouth to help me drink as he patted my back. When I was able to get my breath back, I looked at him as he stared down at me with those worried feline eyes.

“Thank you.” I whispered.

“Are you alright?”

“Ehhh….yes now I am.”

“Uwncle Sowwy!” we heard a soft sniffle from our side. Taemin sat there with big tears rolling from his eyes as he sniffled.

“It is fine Tae! I am fine. But remember to not do that again okay?”

He nodded as he stared down.  Sighing, Kibum went to him as he picked him up in his arms and kissed his tears away.

“Taemin-ah! Do not cry, it is fine. But you do not want to hurt your uncle or anyone right! That is not what a prince is supposed to do. You are supposed to protect people like how your uncle does. And probably how your father does to. Promise you will not do something like this again!”

“Pwomise!” both of them linked their pinkies together.

“Okay let’s sit down and eat!”

After we were done eating, I helped Kibum clear everything. Our combined efforts made the work finish quickly.

“Why do we not sit down and watch some movie? Would you like that Tae?”          

“Yess!!”

“Why do you not go and set up the movie with Tae, I will get us some dessert till then.”

Nodding I picked up Tae and made our way to the entertainment room.

“What would you like to watch Tae?”

“Awimal!”

“Okay, let me put something with Animals on.” Just then Kibum came, holding a tray with some fruits topped with jello. Seeing Kibum, something came to me, something I forgot.

“I will be right back.” I told them, leaving both of them alone.

When I got back, both of them had settled down on the couch, cuddling together. The movie was already playing on the TV. Taemin was tightly holding on to his bowl of dessert, spooning some in his little mouth from time to time.

“Kibum.” I called out to get his attention. Hearing my voice, he lifted his head from top of Tae and said-

“Yes?”

“I have got you a surprise.”

“Surprise?”

“Yes!” saying this, I let go of the leash that I was holding. Two barks followed as two toy poodles made a dash towards their owner.

“Oh God! Comme de! Garcon! My babies…..I missed you!!!” he said as he petted their hair and kissed them both.

“Doddieee!!!” Tae squealed dropping his bowl on the couch as he scrambled to get to the dogs.

“Tae, come meet Comme de and Garcon!”

“Kidum! Doddieee!”

“Yes they are my babies!”

“Wike Taemin!”

“Haha! Yes like you!” 

As Tae played with the puppies, Kibum approached me,

“Thank you Minho! Thank you so much! They mean so much to me! I was so worried about them! But how did you get them?”

“I got someone to pick them up from their pet care centre.”

“Well thank you again…”

“I hope now you can rest peacefully.”

“Well…..”

“Hahahaha!!!”

We both turned to see Taeming rolling on the floor with the puppies and could not help but laugh at the scene.