Chapter 19!

Love Should Go On!

“I……I have to go…” 
“O…okay”  I could hear the disappointment in his voice as I hung up. I don’t know what to make of this feeling, why was it affecting me so much. I thought I had put these feelings to rest five years ago, so why am I thinking of him constantly….

Teamin's check up turned out to be fine, it was just small bump that would go down by tomorrow. It was a relief to all of us. As Jjong hyung put him to rest, I sat next to him observing. Jinki hyung had to take care of some work so he had asked me to keep hyung company. I guess he must have gone to interrogate our attacker. It would be better to get to the bottom of this matter soon. It scares me to think someone wants to hurt Jonghyun hyung and Taemin.
“Kibum-ah” I heard hyung call.
“Yes” “ Are you alright” “ Hyung I should be asking you this, you seem to have lost a lot of weight since I last saw you which mind you wasn’t that long. Is everything alright hyung, you can talk to me if your comfortable” I asked him, he just looks so fragile that even the lightest touch would break him.
“ Well I won’t say i m alright, but I will be fine. It’s just so much is happening all of a sudden that it scares me. Kibum I m so scared of losing Onew and Tae. And then that seal of Dokkam, I hope there isn’t trouble brewing for Minho.”
“Hyung Jinki Hyung and Tae would be fine, I m sure Jinki hyung would make sure of it and about Minho, he will take care of everything, but if you keep stressing yourself out and fall sick then that would worry him more, so you just take care of yourself and leave the rest to your husband and brother” i assured him. In the little time that I have spent with this family I m sure of one thing that they won’t let harm come to each other. Minho would do anything to protect his hyungs and nephew. Wa…wait were is this confidence in Minho and his abilities coming from.

As I was internally panicking, I heard Jonghyun hyung ask “ Kibum would you mind spending few days here with me. I could use some distraction and maybe show you around Hwasal. It's a beautiful country if I can say so myself . Also it would give Jinki time to get to the bottom of this attack on you and Tae. I don’t want to send you back thinking that the attackers are still lurking around.” he looked around as if expecting someone to jump out and attack. I could see how badly this was affecting him, I cannot possibly deny him also it would be good to be away from Minho, it will give me chance to think clearly. I agreed to his request and saw a relieved smile bloom on his face.


Next few days I spent keeping Jjong hyung and Taemin accompanied, thankfully there weren’t any new attacks, which helped reduce hyungs stress. So today hyung decided to take me to trade centre to show me around. Back in US it wasn’t huge thing for omegas to work, I mean I m an omega, yet I work as a successful model. But I could see how oppressed omegas where here so to have a centre full of just omegas was really amazing.

The car ride to the centre was spent with Jonhyun hyung giving me a brief about the centre's history, and how it was his dream to work and not depend on his mate. This centre was for such omega as well who wanted to build a future for themselves. As we neared the building, the amount of security around it had my eyes popping. Was it normal or was it because hyung was visiting. In the few days I spent here, I found out that Jinki hyung was very overprotective of Jonghyun hyung. I guess considering their past and the recent attacks it was understandable.
“Hyung, is the  security usually this tight or is it because your here.” I had to ask.
“ It’s the usual, as this centre is operated solely by omegas, Onew doesn’t want to take the risk of them getting attacked you know with heat cycles and all. He wants to provide a safe space for omegas to work and make a living. I m not sure if you have heard but compared to dokkam, hwasal had stricter laws for omegas. They couldn’t work or make a living for themselves. And god forbid if one lost their mate, it was hell for that person. But since our marriage we are working on changing those laws. This centre was the first step towards that dream. Here you will find many omegas who have lost their mates, or fathers and are bread earners of their families now. It’s also why we have elders rebelling against Onew. They don’t want hwasal to change. They think Onew is overthrowing their traditions and beliefs. Which if you ask me is ridiculous, how is it overthrowing your tradition, we are in 21st century but these people still thing in dark ages. According to them omegas rightful place is with the close doors taking care of their mates and pups.” Saying this hyung sighed. You could see the struggle of the path they worked on and are working on on his face. Taking his hand in mine “ Hyung, you and Jinki hyung have done such and amazing job. I know it’s hard and with these attacks it’s also risky, but I believe you have give these omegas a hope. I might not understand the depth as the place I come from this all seem normal, but what I have seen in these recent days, I can say this that I m lucky to have gotten to know you. You are an amazing person and so is Jinki hyung. All this amazing work you have done shows how great of a rulers you are.” I told him sincerely.
Chuckling he pinched my cheek and said “ Well we aren’t the only ones who are amazing, Minho is just as amazing if not more. He took the responsibility of Dokkam at quite an early age, and I m sure no one could have done what he has. Don’t you agree….” He had this mischievous glint in his eyes as he asked me. Blushing at the mention of the man that had been haunting my dream for a while now “ Hyu…Hyung…well I never said he wasn’t amazing…..”
Laughing at my redden face, he motioned for me to follow him in. The sight insight was clearly not what I had imagined. Considering how backward I thought the region was, I had expected something like some handmade goods making workshop or something, but it was completely different. The building was huge and form where we stood I could see that it had different departments. I couldn’t make out what was what but it was equipped with modern technology.
“ You are interested in Fashion right, I was told your a model, let me show you something interesting then…this way” saying this Jong hyung turned towards right and lead the way. We took an elevator to 3rd floor. As we exited we could hear some hustle bustle from inside. 
“This is our Fashion Department, we have an in house brand called Hwa Labs, everything from fabric to final garment is made here within this centre” he told me while showing around. I was rooted to my place as I took in my surroundings. Unbelievable!
“Kibum… what’s the matter? Are you alright” hyung asked when I didn’t follow 
“ Alright? How can I be alright hyung….HL is one of my favourite brand…and you own it….what do I say…if I respected you before now it has skyrocketed” I told him while gesturing with hands how much my respect for him had rose.
“ Hahaha… that’s nice to know….come along you can see the process with your own eye…also we can use some of your expertise” 
Next few hours we spent going through each departments, I gave him some suggestions here and there where I believe they could do better, but this in itself was so amazing. As the tour ended I was giddy from all the excitement. Fashion Designing had always been my passion. The process of seeing a tiny thread get turned into a garment was so mesmerising. I could spend hours talking about it. As it neared lunch, we decided to head back, we had left Taemin home and hyung was worried he would create trouble for the staff if his mom isn't back to feed him lunch.

We were about to leave the centre when suddenly it started getting smoggy inside. It was getting difficult to see or breathe, the entire centre was filled with smoke. 
“ What’s this smell….where is this smoke coming from” just as hyung said this the sprinklers went off drenching us all. That’s when someone raised fire alarm. It was pure chaos from then, everyone just rushed to get out. Thankfully before we got separated I caught hyungs hand and pulled him out. He didn’t wanted to leave, he was worried about others, but I was sure they would be fine. 
As we stood outside waiting for someone to tell us what the hell was going on, Jonghyun hyung started panicking he started check to make sure everyone was accounted for. I knew then and there what an amazing leader he was that even in panic he was ensuring others safety first. In the distant we heard fire fighters coming, just as they reached us another vehicle followed it and from it came someone I didn’t expect to see so soon. Striding through the crowd Minho made it to us in seconds followed by Jinki hyung.A sleeping Taemin was with them.
“ Kibum…are you alright?” He asked as I was pulled into a bone crushing hug. As I closed my eyes, the familiar smell of spice and wood filled up my nose. My senses where in overdrive, it was the warmth I have been dreaming of. Feeling of being safe in those muscular arms. 
“I’m…I’m fine Minho…”As I opened my eyes I saw Jinki hyung tightly hugging Jonghyun hyung with Tae in between them. It's a wonder how he slept through it. Releasing me from the hug, Minho held my face giving me a once over to make sure I was really fine. Suddenly I remembered where we were and pulled away a bit, he must have realised the situation as he cleared his throat and turned to hyungs.
“Hyung are you alright?” He called out making them separate. Putting on a smile that we knew was fake he assured Minho that he was okay.

Just then the head of firefighting department came towards us,
“ What’s going on here, what’s the situation?” Jinki hyung asked as he gave Taemin over to me.
“Central Air Conditioning Unit had some short circuit, which caused a small fire”
“Small, how is it small, the entire centre is filled with smoke” Jonghyun hyung asked, with me nodding to confirm
“ Your Grace…the smoke was spread because of the central air conditioning, we checked it was just a small fire. It went out the moment sprinklers started” Me and hyung looked at each other, it really didn’t felt small. Seeing how both of us were adamant on it not being small, Minho and Jinki hyung exchanged a look.
“I’ll go with them and check once just to be sure” Minho assured hyung and followed the firefighter in. I didn’t wanted him to go, being scared for his safety.
“Jonghyun…love it’s alright, it was just a small accident. You don’t have to worry, No one was hurt….come on” Jinki hyung said trying to cheer hyung up. Just then Minho strode out.
“He is right hyung, it was just a small accident, fuse had definitely tripped causing small fire. But has he said, sprinklers extinguished it before it spread. There isn't much damage either." Jinki hyung turned to his advisor and said “Yujin I want you to look into this matter, see if it’s connected to the attacks in someway. Collect any and every evidence you can. Also ensure everyone is driven safely to their houses, give them the next few days off….paid offs”
After giving his instructions we drove back to palace to rest. On the way we found out that Minho had just reached palace when they got the news about fire and rushed there.After an early dinner everyone retired to their rooms, it had been a long day. I was too strung to rest, as I stood in my balcony watching the moon shine, the door to the next door balcony opened and out came Minho. I didn’t knew he was stay next door. 
“Hey” he greeted.
“Hi…what are you doing here Minho?”
“Getting some fresh air, can’t sleep…”
“You know I don’t mean that…what are you doing here in hwasal? Is it alright for you to be away?"
Sighing he replied “ It isn't big of an issue. Mom's stepping in as regent on my behalf. Thankfully we had the foresight to keep that in the law when she married."

"That's good to know, but it doesn't answer my question about you being here"

"Jinki hyung called, he was worried about Jonghyun hyung and there wasn't any clues we could fine in dokkam about the parcel and attack. So we decided to shift our focus on hwasal, as everything began here.We thought it would be better to combine our forces and search in Hwasal first. Plus as I was worried about hyung, jinki hyung invited me to spend few days with him which will also help hyung relax."

"This is affecting hyung hard"

"Well he did had rough past, so it's really not surprising if he panics at the slightest threat"

"It's a wonder you aren't traumatised considering you were shot too" I commented offhandedly. He had a shocked expression on his face as he turned " How did you know about it?"

"Your mom told me. Did it hurt? I mean it must have.....what the hell are you asking Kibum ofcourse bullet wounds hurt....I kept babbling when I heard a chuckle.

"Yes it did hurt, but what was more painful was that I had lost not just my dad but also my mom( Jonghyuns Mom). I didn't even get to say goodbye to her. In my absence I had partially become orphaned. Also there was hyung,we didn't knew if he and taemin would make it. Till this day I thank all the gods out there for not taking hyung and tae away from us." This was the first time he had ever opened up about his feelings. Even back when we were together we never dwelled on each others past.

"Did the wound left scar? Can you show it to me?" I don't know if he thought I was vain to ask about a scar, but nonetheless he started ing his shirt wordlessly. There right above his heart on his tan broad chest sat the scar, like a medal. Before I knew it, I was running my fingers over the bumpy skin, tracing it lightly. I looked up to see him looking down at me with unreadable expression. As we gazed at each other, he raised his hand to hold my face, and in a trace we leaned over the parapet toward each other. Just before our lips touched, we heard a sound and like a spell was lifted we pulled apart. It was quite awkward. It was time to go and sleep, all the excitement was playing games with my brain. I was loosing control over my action, I cleared my troat and spoke " It...It's getting late,I should head in and call it a night...it had been a long day....." I trailed off and turned around to go inside when I heard him call my name.
“What”
“Why did you leave me five years ago"