Chapter 6!

Love Should Go On!

Kibum’s POV

It has been four days since I was brought here. After my last verbal clash with Minho, I holed myself in my room, planning. I spent last three days trying to come up with a plan to escape this place. And today, I was going to put it in action. I will leave this place be what it may take! Even if I don’t have my passport or money, surely, if I find the embassy, they can help me! I have to get out! As Soojin hyung left to get my breakfast, I quietly sneaked out of my room. This had been my routine whenever Soojin hyung left to get me food.  And just before he came back, I would return to the room. But not today. Ducking behind a pillar to make sure I wasn’t in sight of the patrolling guards, I made my way to the courtyard. Half way there, now I need to find that door that leads to the car park! This was what I got out of Soojin hyung! My buttering finally worked! Okay, let’s see, he had said far end of the courtyard had a door which was used by the kitchen staff. Last door, last door, ah, here it is! As I opened the door, I saw a truck parked over there. Hiding behind it, I heard two guards talking-

“Yes he’ll be taking black Aston Martin, so pull it up front”

Great, someone was leaving palace; now I just need to find that car and hide in it! Once it stops outside, I can leave! I followed the guard to the parking but unfortunately, he turned before I could hide behind another pillar! !!!! Bammm!!! Before he could do anything, I punched him under the jaw with as much force as I could muster and fortunately, he out! I quickly grabbed his ID just in case and quickly got in the back of the car and laid down! After maybe ten or fifteen minutes, I felt someone get in the car and drive away. Okay Kibum, you are almost free!

……………….

 Free???? How much longer is the car going to drive???? I don’t know how much time passed but it felt long. I felt the car stop but even before I could get out, it started again. Aish! Where is this person going?! My entire body has become stiff after being stuffed in the back of the car for so long! After what felt like an eternity, it came to a stop. I felt the person get out, but I decided to wait just to be safe. When the car didn’t start again, I got up and peaked out. WOW! It’s already dark and where was this place?! It’s like this person stopped in the middle of nowhere! How am I going to get to the embassy???! However, the moment I got out, I felt someone grab me from behind, putting their hand over my mouth! I felt my heart drop, OMG! Please don’t tell me I’m going to get kidnapped again! I felt tears prick my eyes, as I struggled in vain! That’s when I was turned abruptly and came face to face with Minho! HUH???!!!!

Minho’s POV

“Where do you think you are going?” I asked as I held him tight in my arms! Suddenly, he started crying! Seeing him cry, I pulled him to my chest. He started beating my chest with his fists as he cried, “I was so scared!!”

“Stop crying, you are safe now. I got you!” I shushed him as I rubbed his back. When his crying reduced to sobs, I pushed him lightly and looked at him.

“Do you know dangerous your actions were? How can you just get in any car without knowing who was driving it or where it was going!? You could have gotten kidnapped or hurt! This time you were lucky that it was my car!”

“You Knew? And it’ not as if it would have been the first time I got kidnapped.” he hiccupped.

“Yes, when I first stopped, I saw you peak. Do not ever do something like this ever! Got it?!”

All he did was nod silently.

“Ok come now….I just need to get something done, then we can go back.” Saying this, I Ied him towards the building in front of us.

 

Kibum’s POV

As we entered the building, a middle aged lady came to greet us.

“Your Majesty! Welcome….We would have come to you if you had just called us! You didn’t have to make the long journey here!”

“It is hardly a problem! Here, I hope you put this to good use.” I heard Minho say as he handed her an envelope.

“Thank you Your Majesty! We really appreciate your help!”

“Would you mind too much if I show my companion around?”

“Not at all, you’re more than welcome! Let me know if you need my help!”

“No, we shall not take long, you can go back to your work.” Smiling, the lady nodded and left us. I saw him turn to me.

“Come.” Saying this, he grabbed my hand and led me in. We entered a big room where I could see kids of different ages playing around. When they saw us, they came running towards us! I saw Minho bend his knees as he got surrounded by kids who kept chanting “Hyung!” “Hyung!” I moved back as I watched them interact.

“Hey guys! How have you all been?” He got multiple “Goods” & “Fines” in return.

“That’s great! I wish to introduce someone to you!” Saying this, he turned towards me and gestured me to get down. As I got on my knees he introduced me to them-

“This is my friend Kibum. Say ‘Hi’ to him!” Just as these words left his mouth, I had multiple small hand trusted in front of my face. I couldn’t help but smile as I made sure to shake each little hand as I greeted them! How adorable!

“Ok kids that is enough. Your dinner has been served. Come on, run along!”

“Hyung, promise you’ll visit again! For a longer time!” We heard a small boy ask. Patting him on his head, Minho replied,

“Sure Sohyun-ah, I’ll visit again! Now go have your dinner and be a good boy!”

“Yep!” he said as he ran back to eat with the other kids. Silence spread between us. After some time, Minho broke it as he said-

“These kids are suffering from cancer.”

I was shocked! I stared at him with wide eyes as he continued,

“They are getting treatment here. Some can be cured, some cannot. Their parents couldn’t afford their treatment, hence they sent them here.” I felt his voice get heavy with unshed tears. I instinctually put my hand on his shoulder and squeezed it to reassure him. He turned to look at me and we both stared at each other. No words were passed but the silence was comfortable for once. Suddenly, it was broken by a ring. Cursing, Minho pulled his phone out from his pocket and answered-

“Yes?” Whatever was being said on the other line made him grow angry minute by minute! He closed his eyes and rubbed his temples.

“Come, we need to go back now!” he said as he hanged up and made his way towards the car. I had to run to keep up with him. I could feel anger roll off his body in waves! After we buckled in, he speeded at an illegal speed! What was wrong with him?! Who called him?! Good thing he is the king or else he would definitely have been arrested for over-speeding!  His jaw was locked; I could see a vein throb. I sat in silence to not cross him more.  Soon, we were pulling in front of the main door. He stopped the car abruptly and got out at a lightning speed. I again had to run to keep up with him again as he strode through the door.  As I followed him in I saw Jonghyun hyung standing in the middle of the living room with his cheeks wet with tears! I looked around but I couldn’t see Taemin in sight. Just then, I heard Minho bellow!

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE????” I turned to see him glare at the man standing opposite to hyung.

Minho’s POV

How dare he?!!! I made my way towards hyung and pulled him in my arms. I felt him hold my shirt as a sob broke through his throat!

“Sshhh Hyung don’t cry….I got you, you’re safe now. I won’t let them hurt you. Please don’t cry!” I hushed him as I rubbed his back in comfort.

“Pathetic…” I heard a voice say. As I looked up, I saw my uncle sneering at us. I felt my brother go stiff in my arms.

“It’s a good that that thing decided to give up the throne. As it is, his place is only under some alpha and not on the throne. All he is good is for breeding.” That’s it! I felt my body go rigid with anger! HOW DARE HE???? I pushed hyung out of my arms as I made my way towards uncle and punched him in the face! As he fell to the floor, I straddled him and started beating the out of him!

“Never….NEVER SPEAK ABOUT MY HYUNG IN THIS WAY. I SWEAR THE NEXT TIME YOU SAY HIS NAME I’LL KILL YOU! YOU GOT IT BASTARD?!” I felt many hands trying to pull me away from him. But I was beyond enraged! Never again will I let hyung go through this cruelty again! I felt like an animal let out of cage!

“HYUNG!” Kibum’s scream pierced through the room.  I turned to look at him and he was staring wide eyed at something. As I followed his line of vision I saw Jonghyun hyung kneel near the couch as he held his neck!

“Hyung!” I made my way towards him and grabbed his shoulders. He was having a panic attack!

“Hyung Breath…..Breath…..Hey you, call the doctor! Now!” I yelled at the guard who stood there frozen. Turning back, I started rubbing his back-

“Hyung! Breathe! Please you can do this! Please!” I am so scared! It has been a while since I have seen him have a panic attack! The sight of him trying to grasp for breath as his lungs struggled to take in enough oxygen was scary! Suddenly his eyes rolled back in his head as he slumped in my arms!

“Hyung! Hyung please open your eyes….hyung!” I pleaded as I shook him. Just then I heard the door open followed by someone yelling my name-

“Minho!” I turned to see Suho rushing towards me!

“Suho…Hyung….Suho do something!”

“Calm down, I’m here now. I’ll take a look at him….let’s move him to his room.” I nodded as I picked hyung up and made my way to his room.

 

Kibum’s POV

I stood there, watching, as everything that happened was too much to take in. When I saw Minho jump on that man beating the hell out of him, I was shocked. In the time I have known him I have never seen him resort to violence. But what freaked me was seeing Jonghyun hyung kneel as he grasped for breath. I can’t get that image out of my head. I have never seen someone having a panic attack before! I followed them as they took hyung to his room, but decided to stay out so as to not get in anyone’s way. Oh God! Please let hyung be fine! Just then, I felt someone pull at my pants. As I looked dow,n I saw Taemin standing beside me as he rubbed his eyes with his other hand.

“Kidum…my mommy?” I felt my eyes fill up as I looked at him. Kneeling down I ruffled his hair.

“Your mommy is resting now….you can meet him tomorrow okay?”

“NO! I want mommy!” he started crying. I picked him up as I rocked him in my arms.

“Sshhh baby don’t cry. I’m here…..sshhhh!” he kept wriggling in my arms as he tried pulling his body towards the door.

“Mommyyyyy!!!!”

“Hey Taemin….how about I tell you a story? Would you like that?” He looked at me with his cheeks glistening with tears. After thinking for a while he nodded.

“Okay, come.”

……………………………………

I heard the door to my room open as I patted Taemin’s back. He finally fell asleep after crying for his mom once again. I looked up to see Minho walking in.

“Is he sleeping?” he asked quietly, to which I nodded and asked,

“How’s hyung?”

“Sleeping….Suho gave him some injections. He should be fine by the morning. Did he cry?” he asked pointing towards Taemin.

“Yes, he wanted to see hyung…..I wasn’t sure if it was a good idea to let him in so I brought him here. He tired himself out from crying and finally fell asleep.”

“Thank you Kibum.”

“For what?”

“For comforting and looking after Taemin…”

“You don’t need to thank me. I would have done the same for any other child in his place.” All he did was nod.

“Would you mind letting him sleep with you? I don’t want him to wake up in the middle of the night and cry for his mom.”

“Don’t worry. I was planning to keep him here either ways.”

“Ok….Well then, rest well.” he said as he turned to leave.

“Minho…” as he turned to look at me, I continued “Don’t worry about hyung, he’ll be fine and sleep well.” He sent a small smile my way and left. Just when I thought you were the worst person in this world for kidnapping me, you showed me a side of you I didn’t know of.