Chapter 8!

Love Should Go On!

Five Years Ago,

“Alright kids! Let us try harmonising again, shall we?” Jonghyun asked all the little ones that had gathered around him. He immediately got a chorus of “Yes!”. Taking his place again at the piano, he started pressing keys after keys which was followed by different young voices as they tried harmonising together. When the last note rang throughout the room, a sound of clapping could be heard.

Standing up from his seat, Jonghyun clapped as he complimented his young pupils.

“Well done children…..it was very beautiful!” You could see little shoulders rise in pride! Jonghyun couldn’t help the happiness bubble in his stomach seeing his students smiling happily! However, what he failed to notice was a pair of warm eyes staring at him from the dark corners of the room. Those eyes followed Jonghyun’s each and every move as he interacted with the kids.

Jonghyun’s POV

Just as I settled the last kid with his sandwich, I heard Solhyun Noona call for me. Solhyun Noona was the caretaker for this orphanage where I volunteered as a music teacher.

“Jonghyun-ah! Come here for a second please!” Noona was one of the few people who addressed me with my name and not with my title. Being the Crown Prince wasn’t easy. I never wanted to be one! As I made my way to the front of the room, I saw a very handsome man standing next to Noona. He wasn’t all that tall but he was still a bit taller than me. He had a pair of warm, dark, chocolate brown eyes. His skin was pale as snow. Even though his overall appearance was soft, I could feel a strong alpha aura emitting from him. At that moment, he looked in my direction and our eyes met. Like a shift in the air, all the sound dulled; my surrounding became a blur with only him being in focus. It was like my entire body became aware of him! I could hear my heart beat fast and warmth spread through my entire body. As I stepped close to him, I heard noona speak. Like a broken spell, everything went back to its buzz.

“Jonghyun-ah, this is Onew ssi. He is a writer. He travels to different lands and writes books on their arts. He wants to write a book about Dokkam’s art. I was hoping you can help him with it, that is, if it’s not too much to ask…” as she introduced him to me, I saw he move ahead and bow as he greeted,

“My Prince! It is a pleasure to meet you! I apologize for the trouble but it would be a pleasure for me to work with you!” I felt both of them stare at me, waiting for me to answer. Gulping a bit I replied nervously,

“It…is not a trouble. I…would like to help you in any way that I can….”

“Thank you My Prince!” he smiled. He had a very sunny smile. Something that warms you to the core and gives you a sense of happiness!

………………………………………………………………

Jinki’s POV

The last couple of days were probably the best of my life! Each day that I spent in the company of Jonghyun gave me a sense of completion! I cannot describe it in words, but it was like my soul had finally found its other half! The only thing that weighted on my mind was the lie. My initial plan was to simply blend in and observe. I never thought I would be meeting someone like Jonghyun here!

“Sir! Here’s the book on bonding you asked for.” I thanked the shopkeeper and paid for my purchase. Walking out, I made my way to the nearest café. After ordering my favourite tea, I settled down at the back and brought out my book.

 

Bonding

Bonding is a rare, involuntary mechanism by which wolfs find their soul-mates. It is a profound, intimate phenomenon that exists among the Alphas, Betas and Omegas.

When a wolf bonds with a specific person, he/she becomes unconditionally bound to him/her for the rest of their life. When it happens, the experience is described as being gravitationally pulled toward that person while a glowing heat fills them; the connections of everything else become severed, or simply secondary, and only the bonded mates are left to matter, leaving them with a deep need to do anything to please and protect the person.

Bonding occurs only after the wolf reaches his maturity. It can happen with anyone, regardless of previous personal feelings. Bonding can't be forced on anyone, or neither can it be ignored. If the mates try to deny their bonding call then it causes them unspeakable pain.

As I closed the book, everything became clear to me. This explains why I feel that feeling of completion whenever I am in Jonghyun’s presence. I pulled out my phone and sent him a text.

To: Jonghyun

Hello!

Is it possible for you to meet me at café Poetry in half an hour?

I need to talk to you about something important.

His reply came instantly.

From: Jonghyun

Sure ☺

Is there any problem?

To: Jonghyun

No, I just need to talk to you.

From: Jonghyun

Okay! See you soon!

Oh God! Please give me strength. I hope he understands me and doesn’t get me wrong.

 

Jonghyun’s POV

I entered the café and found Onew sitting at the back of the café. As I made my way to the table he looked up to me. Something was wrong; his usual peaceful expression was replace with worry.

“Hi!”

“Hey….Please have a seat…” he gestured at the seat opposite to him. As I sat down, a waitress came to us and smiled,

“My Prince! What would you like to have? It’s on the house!”

 

“Nothing is on the house. I shall have a Latte and I will pay for it.”

“But….”

“No buts, if I am not allowed to pay then I will not have it!”

“Ehhh…..okay….as My Prince wishes!” I smiled at her as she went to get me my coffee. Turning around, I saw him zoned out. Snapping my fingers in front of his face I asked him,

“Is something wrong? You seem lost?”

“Ehhh….My Prince…..”

“Jonghyun.” I reminded him politely.

“Jonghyun, what do you know about bonding?”

“Bonding? Is it not like love at the very first sight for destined mates?”

“You can say it is like that but much deeper than that. It is like gravity. It pulls you in…”

“Emmm….fine; but why are we having this discussion?”

“What will you say if I tell you that you are my destined mate?” I froze in my seat. What? It was that waitress bringing my coffee that helped me snap. Thanking her, I turned back to him.

“Surely you are joking! However, I do not find it funny!”

“I’m not joking Jonghyun. Tell me, did you not feel that pull when we met? Tell me, do you not get this feeling of completion when we are together? Tell me! If not, I will not force my feelings on you. But please do not call them a mere joke!” How can I deny these things? I felt all of it and it scared me. I didn’t know what was happening to me! But now it makes sense! It was our bond. But….

“There is something else I want to tell you. Trust me, my intention was not to hide it from you….”

“What…....What is it?”

“Jonghyun, my real name is Lee Jinki; I am the King of Hwasal….”

“WHAT????” I stood up in shock. King of Hwasal???!!! Onew was The Lee Jinki of Hwasal!!!! He lied to me! I cannot take it! I immediately turned to leave but he caught my arm-

“Jonghyun please…..just listen to me….please….” seeing his pleading expression, I couldn’t help but comply. Sitting down, I stared at him. Sighing, he sat down too.

 

Jinki’s POV

“Trust me….my intention was not to hurt you. I do not even mean any harm to Dokkam. “

“Then why are you here!? Why use a fake name and hide!? Are you here to spy on us?” He asked me with a frown.

“No! I am not here to spy. Jonghyun, our countries are not exactly on friendly terms. The main aim of my visit was to propose a peace treaty to the King.”

“Then why the fake name? Why did you not send a formal letter and meet with the King and the council?”

 

“Trust me, I would have if I could….”

“What do you mean by that?”

“Hwasal isn’t as developed or open minded as Dokkam. Our elders still hold their differences against Dokkam. But since I was a prince, I have always believed that if we form an alliance, then we can support and help each other grow and develop.”

“I still do not understand your point of spying….”

“I was not spying! I was learning! Before I could meet the King, I wanted to know more about Dokkam. Learn our differences and similarities to make our alliance strong. I never thought the person that would be asked to help me would be the Crown Prince himself! I do not know if you believe or not but it is destiny. We were destined to meet.”

When he just sat there without saying anything, I felt my heart clench in fear. What if he rejects our bond?!

“Say something…. Please!” He blinked as if snapping out of a trance.

“What do you want me to say?”

“Well….would you accept my sincere wish to court you?”

“Ehhh…. See, I felt what you just told me when we met for the first time, but I barely know you. How am I supposed to trust you and allow you to court me?” Well he has a point!

“Then let us start getting to know each other. Will that work for you?”

“Hmm….. fine….”

 

Jonghyuns POV

It has been a week since we started this getting to know thing! It was funny how things I did not notice first were clear to me now. It was as if I got some new perspective! Like his endless love for chicken and the child-like joy that is on his face when he eats it. Chicken joints had become our go to places for dates after that one incident!

………………………………….

A few days ago, at the Capital City Garden,

“Ah, I hope I did not make you wait too long Onew!”

“Of course not! But you look as if you ran all the way here! And what is in that basket?”

“Oh this? This, since we kept going to cafes all the time, I thought we could have a picnic with homemade food today!”

“OHHH!! That’s great! I am hungry! Let us eat!”

With that, both Jonghyun and Jinki went to a secluded corner of the garden and made themselves comfortable. Immediately, Jonghyun pulled out a mat and started laying it out. Once that was done, he placed the basket on the mat and started to remove the food out of the basket. Once everything was placed, he served Jinki with a loaded plate.

“Here! Have it! Hope you like it!”

“Yes! I shall eat well! Thank you for the food?”

With that, Jinki started eating with great gusto! However, suddenly, after taking a bite of the chicken, he froze! And stared intently at the chicken!

Jonghyun, who was also eating, noticed that Jinki had stopped eating it and said, “Onew, is everything fine? Do you not like the chicken? I can give you something else! You do not have to force yourself it eat it if you do not like it!”

With that, he made a move to remove the remaining chicken off of Jinki’s plate. That snapped Jinki out of his trance!

“NO! NOT MY CHICKEN! This piece of chicken is like tasting heaven in a bite! No way am I giving this! Who made this???Along with that peace treaty, I shall propose the King to give me the chef who cooked this chicken! As a matter of fact, I will make that a necessary and non-negotiable condition! Who made it?!”

Since he had spoken with such intensity and fervour, Jonghyun almost instinctually replied, “I did!”

This made Jinki stop stuffing the chicken down his throat and look at Jonghyun as if he was looking at Jonghyun in a completely different light!

“If I had any doubts about whether or not you were my mate, they are all gone now! Even if you were not my mate, I would make you my mate! My GOD! This chicken! And you cooked it! Now I am absolutely not letting you go!”

And with that, Jinki continued to rightfully praise Jonghyun and his chicken throughout the picnic!

…………………………………………………………………………………..

Jonghyun’s PoV continued~

Today, for a change, we were going to Dokkam orphanage. It wasn't a date but we wanted to hang out. I want to introduce him to my students and maybe sing a duet. Jinki had a very nice and unique voice, which I came to know after our usual chicken date. As we entered the class, we got surrounded by kids who talked about everything and nothing at the same time!

“Kids, settle down! I have a special guest I want to introduce you to!” A chorus of “Yehhh!!!” followed by shuffling feet came to our ears. Once everyone had settled I gestured Jinki to come next to me as I introduced him,

“Kids, this is Jinki. He is my friend!”

“Hey guys!” Jinki replied, but for once his voice had a hint of nervousness in it. As I looked at him, I saw him sweat a little. DON'T TELL ME LEE JINKI IS SCARED OF KIDS!!!!

He was instantly surrounded by kids! I could see his body tense up. As I was about to step up to help him, I felt this weird sensation in my gut. Like a ball of heat was formed in my core and spreading throughout my body. Sweat beads formed on my forehead. Then, just when I thought I could move, my legs lost all its strength, as if they are made of jelly. I closed my eyes to brace myself for the hit. But before I could hit the floor, I heard a voice yell my name and a pair of arms grabbed me and pulled me towards a hard chest. The last thing, before I lost consciousness, was a tempting smell that tingled my core.

Jinki's POV

Oh God! What do I do???? Someone help me!!!!! I’m not good at dealing with these= tiny people!!!! Jonghyun!!!! Yes! Jonghyun brought me here, he should help me!!!! As I turned toward him to chastise him for not helping me, I saw his body falling. Like a flash, my body moved towards him as I called out to him,

“JONGHYUN!”!!!!! As I pulled him to my chest, a sweet smell filled my nose.

TTT!!!!!!! He is in heat!!!!