Chapter 7!

Love Should Go On!

Kibum’s POV

I woke up to a soft crying coming from my side. Turning around, I saw Taemin’s little face scrunched up as he whined softly.

“Mommyyyy….” I quickly sat up and patted his back as I tried waking him up.

“Hey baby….come on open your eyes” I whispered. He opened his eyes and looked around blinking rapidly.  When he didn’t see his mom, he started crying rather loudly.

“Hush Baby….don’t cry…..I’m here!” I pulled him in my lap and rubbed his back.

“Mommyyyyy!!!!”

“If you stop crying, I’ll take you to Mommy….okay?” He nodded, hiccupping a bit. I picked him up in my arms and got out of the bed. Quietly, we made our way to Jonghyun hyung’s room. I knocked a bit to alert him, but after waiting for five minutes, we still didn’t get any response. Taemin was growing impatient in my arms so I decided to enter, hoping hyung wouldn’t mind. When we entered, I saw hyung still sleeping. But before I could react, Taemin called out in a loud voice,

“Mommyyyyy!!!!”

Maybe it’s mother’s intuition or something but hyung sat up immediately and looked towards us.

“Taemin….”

“Mommy! Mommyyyyy!!!!” As he struggled in my arms, I had no choice but to put him down. The moment his little feet touched the ground, he took off, running toward his mom.

“Tae slow down or you will trip!” Watching their reunion was a touching moment!

“Kibum?” I looked up hearing hyung call out my name.

“Come in, why are you still over there?”

“Ehhhh….I don’t want to disturb you. You need rest…..”

“Don’t worry. I am fine….and sorry if I scared you yesterday…” he apologized.

“No, no, it’s fine…..but are you really fine? I can watch over Taemin if you need rest.”

“I am fine….I am feeling better now. Come sit with me…..I need to talk to you about something.” I made my way to the bed and sat on the edge.

“Mommyyy….”

“Yes Baby?”

“I sweppy….”

“Aigooo….come, lay down. I will sing for you. Is that alright?”

Nodding Taemin snuggled up to him.  Hyung started singing a sweet lullaby for him. WOW! His voice is so melodious! We both couldn’t help but chuckle seeing Taemin fall asleep instantly.

Jonghyun’s POV

“Kibum”

“Yes hyung?” he looked at me with those curious fox eyes.

“I want to tell you a story….story about Minho and I.  About what happened in Dokkam five years ago.” I could see him open his mouth to interrupt me. But I stopped him saying “Don’t worry…. I won’t tell you to not judge him or just agree with his every whim. I won’t even tell you about the Minho from five years ago…you probably know him; I want to tell you about Minho that you know now. Minho that changed in these five years.” I looked at him to see him staring at me silently; I know I had his attention.

“Come closer.” I gestured him to come and sit by my side. He turned his attention toward me as he settled on the other end of the bed.

“Before I began, I want to tell you about my and Minho’s relation. We both are step brothers. Same father but different mothers. My mom was one of the previous King’s concubines. He ended up marrying Minho’s mother in a political marriage. But my mother was his bonded mate. I was born a year before Minho and was named next in line to take the throne. But not everyone was happy with father’s decision, as they didn’t wanted an omega to rule over them. It wasn’t like I was interested in ruling. I took too much after my mother. I was interested in music and performing arts whereas Minho was more into management.” I stopped to pat Taemin when he started squirming.

“Five years ago …….”