Chapter 11!

Love Should Go On!

Jonghyun’s POV

“…..and that Is how everything fell in its place. Dokkam flourished under Minho’s rule and Onew and I had this little prince seven months later.”  I could not keep the happiness out of my voice as I patted Taemin’s back. Almost five years ago, we came so close to losing him that even the thought of him not being in front of my eyes scares me. We cannot help it, Taemin is the apple of my and Onew’s eye. When Minho found out about my pregnancy, he became worse than Onew! He would not even let me lift my finger! And Taemin is spoiled rotten by him!

When I looked at Kibum, he was lost in his thoughts. As I held his hand, he seemed startled and looked up at me. Smiling, I continued-

“Happiness comes to all Kibum, it is upto us how and when we give ourselves the chance to grab it. Give yourself the chance to be happy. Give Minho a chance too, both of you have matured a lot now; maybe things would turn out to be different this time…….” I saw him blush cutely! Hehe!

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Jonghyun’s POV continued~

I was forced by Kibum to stay in the bed. He took Taemin with him, saying he will look after him, giving me a chance to rest. Hearing a knock, I opened my eyes, sitting up a bit. The door opened to let Minho in.

“Hyung, how are you feeling?” he asked as he approached my bed and sat next to me holding my hand in his big warm ones. I smiled a bit in reassurance as I said-

“I am much better now, you do not have to worry so much Minho-ya.”

“How can you say that hyung! You are my responsibility! I promised Jinki hyung that I will always protect you and Taemin…..You are my hyung who I love and respect so much! I care for you hyung……” I put my hand over his mouth to stop him from babbling. His protective side is too overbearing sometimes.

“Okay Minho-ya, I get it….and I am fine so you can stop worrying please!”

“Okay, if you say so hyung. Have you eaten hyung?”

“Yes I did! Kibum made sure of it before he took Taemin to play so that I can rest some more.”

“Oh, did he now?”  He smirked. I could not help but laugh.

“Minho-ya….”

“Yes Hyung?” This time I held his hand as I continued

“Each person is different, and the way to handle them is different too. Kibum grew up in a very different way than we did. He never had to be bound to responsibilities that were for anyone else. He grew up with freedom where he could decide what he wanted. If you want him to understand you, then you will have to understand him first. Respect his choices, so he does the same. Do not chain him, because the more you bind him, the more he will struggle to free himself. Show him that his opinion matters. Do not try to rule over him. Do not forget that he is your equal when it comes to relationship…..” I could see him pondering on my words.

“Okay hyung! I will remember what you told me. Thank you for helping me out with Kibum, I know I can always depend on you.”

“Always Minho-ya! Onew and I will always be with you.”

“Thank you hyung! Please get some rest. I will have a maid bring you your lunch here when it is time.” he got up and tucked me in. After kissing my forehead he took his leave.

Just when I was about to shut my eyes to get some sleep, I heard my phone ring. Picking it up from the night stand, I saw that it was Onew. Smiling, I greeted him cheerfully,

“Onew!!!” I could hear him laugh before saying,

“My my! Someone seems happy to hear from me!”

“Of course I am happy! It has been 3 days since I have last seen you! I miss you…..” I trailed off suddenly feeling shy. Even after five years, he still brings out the teenager in me.

“I miss you too my love…..How is our little prince?”

“Running everyone ragged!”

“Hahahaha……that is my boy!!!!!”

“ONEW!!!!”

“Oh come on love, it is not like we do not pamper him. I am sure he is getting spoilt by his uncle and the rest.”

“Now we even have Kibum to add to the list…..” I whispered absentmindedly 

“Kibum? Who is that? It is the first time I am hearing this name.”

“Ehhhh….it is a long story, but to let you know he is Minho’s ex-fiancé.”

“WHAT???? Minho’s Ex-FIANCE? He never told me he had one!”

“You do not have to get offended, because he never told anyone. We found out now about their engagement. And the stupidest thing is, Minho kidnapped him and is holding him hostage!” I sighed as I told Onew about my stupid bother’s antics.

“My God! What was Minho thinking doing that!?”

“Nothing! That is the problem. He is not thinking logically! But that aside how come you called so early. Usually you are busy with your council matter around this time, aren’t you?”

 

 

“Ah! I actually called you to let you know that you will have to stay in Dokkam for a bit longer than we originally planned.”

“EH? Why so?” He sighed before replying-

“To tell you truthfully, I found out that some elders are joining hands to launch a coup against us. I will be dealing with them. But I want both you and Taemin out of harm’s way. You will be safe in Dokkam. I will call Minho after this and explain him the same. He will keep you safe.”

“I do not need my brother’s protection! I will leave Taemin here for his safety. Kibum can help look after him. But no way will I stay here and leave you alone there to face this problem!”

“Jonghyun…..”

“No Jinki….we are equal, than why do you want to fight these battles alone? Did we not promise to face each and every problem hand in hand? Or did you forget our vows already?” Resigning, he said,

“Okay….but please be careful on your way back. I would never forgive myself if you get hurt on my account again….”

“I will….I will go and talk to both Minho and Kibum now and be on my way back as soon as I can. Onew……”

“Yes?”

“Take care of yourself……”

“You too love.” as we hanged up, I got out of my bed and went to search for Minho. Lucky for me I found Minho making his way to the garden where Kibum and Taemin were playing tag at the moment.

“Minho! Kibum!” I called out to both of them as I made my way towards them. Instantly both of them looked up at me.

“Mommyyyyyy!!!!” suddenly I was almost tackled to the ground by my ball of energy.

“Taemin!” Kibum shouted as he made his way towards us. Seeing Kibum scrowling angrily, Taemin hid his face in my stomach.

“It is alright Kibum, I am fine! And Tae it is not nice to tackle people like that. They can get hurt. You would not want that right?” He looked up with teary eyes and nodded. I picked him up and kissed his cheeks. He instantly snuggled in my neck. I gestured both Kibum and Minho to sit. As I settled on the couch with Taemin in my arms, Kibum decided to sit next to me with Minho taking the opposite couch.

“Ehhh….I need a favour from you both….” I told them. They took a quick glance at each other before Kibum asked,

“Favour? What kind of favour hyung?”

“I want you to look after Taemin. I will have to go back to Hwasal without him.”

 

Before I could tell them more, I heard a cry come from my shoulder. As I pulled Taemin away, I saw him crying.

“Baby….Why is my baby crying?”

“Mommyyy…. Wai leave Taemin?”

“Oh baby! Mommy needs to go back home to help daddy. But you can stay with Uncle and Kibum and have fun!”

“NO!! I go back wif Mommy!” Saying this he hugged me tight. I looked at them helplessly.

“If Taemin leaves, Kibum will be so sad!” Kibum said as he hid his face in his hands, pretending to cry. Lifting his head from my shoulder Taemin leaned over Kibum as he patted his hand.

“Kidum?” when he didn’t get any response he pulled out of my lap and crawled onto Kibum’s as he pulled at his hands while saying,

“Kidum no sad! Taemin Stway!” hearing this Kibum stopped his fake crying and pulled Taemin in hug and kissed his cheek!

“Awwww! Thank you Taemin! This makes me so happy!”

“Hyung?” We both turned towards Minho. He was so silent that I almost forgot he was there.

“Yes?”

“What is the matter? You just came and now you are leaving suddenly. On top of that you are leaving Taemin here. Is everything fine back in Hwasal?” Sighing I looked at Minho. This is one of the reasons why Minho is such a great King. He is a good observer.

“Truthfully it is not. Onew called me a while ago. He wanted me and Taemin to stay here, as he found out that some of the elders are planning coup against him.”

“What!!!! Hyung you cannot go back! It is not safe! I will call Jinki hyung and see if he needs any help. You and Taemin are staying here!” as he got up to act on what he just said I caught his arm.

“Minho-ya….I am really thankful for all your concerns. But I cannot take you up on that offer. Please keep Taemin safe for us. At the moment, my place is next to my mate.”

“Hyung, for once, Minho is right! You are not well; you cannot go back in your condition. Not when it’s so risky!” Kibum interrupted. I smiled at him to reassure him as I said,

“Thank you Kibum, but I need to go back and help my mate. It is not just his fight but ours together! Do not worry about me, I shall be careful. Just help me look after Taemin please.”

“Do not worry about him hyung, I will look after him well. Please be careful and take care of yourself!”

“I will…..” I patted his back to reassure him, before turning to Taemin. I took him in my arms while kissing his cheeks,

“Baby….promise you will be good for Kibum and Uncle Minho. And you will listen to them well.”

“I powmise Mommyyy!!!” We sealed our promise by linking our pinkies before I kissed him and handed him back to Kibum.

“Let me at least send a troop with you hyung….Please…..for my peace of mind!” Minho pleaded

“Okay.....but I need to leave soon.”

“Okay, I will have them ready by the time you pack your luggage. Also hyung, promise you will call if you need any help!”

“I will Minho, I promise.” Suddenly he pulled me in a hug. As I patted his back to reassure him, I felt him tighten his arms around me. I could see Kibum smiling softy over his shoulder.

“Be safe hyung….” I heard my brother whisper.