-9- Irene

My Furry Friend & I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi and Irene sat at the table with Seulgi’s mother to eat. It was just going to be the 3 of them because Seulgi’s father was on an overseas business trip and Seulgi’s brother was in the army.

 

The dining room was really quiet, only the sound of metal utensils clinking against the ceramic plates echoed around the big room.

 

“So, Irene Bae. I heard from Seulgi that you are her senior and also the Council president?” Seulgi mother’s asked, getting the ball rolling.

 

“Yes, Seulgi talks about me?” She asked.

 

“Oh~ All the time. Whenever she came home, she’s always talking about this Irene lady. I got interested and wanted to meet you.” Seulgi’s mother hummed.

 

“Mum!” Seulgi hissed in embarrassment while the other two giggled.

 

.

 

After lunch, the two sat on the couch watching TV and letting the food digest before Seulgi was allowed to play in the yard. As usual, Irene watched from the side while Seulgi played out her wolf fantasies and pretended to hunt for prey.

 

“Irene, can I talk to you for a moment?”

 

Irene turned around to see Seulgi’s mother standing by the screen door. She looked back at Seulgi and saw her chasing the birds. She seemed distracted so Irene agreed without telling Seulgi.

 

Both went to her study, located on the mezzanine level and talked there.

 

“What’s your relationship with Seulgi?” Seulgi’s mother suddenly asked.

 

Irene was a little taken aback by that question and the latter could see her poised composure wavering.

 

“W-We are just friends.” Irene stuttered a little.

 

“Friends talk about marrying each other?” The lady asked.

 

“W-we were just joking.” Irene defended.

 

“And friends kiss each other on the lips?” She asked. Irene, at this point, could not make excus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter