-2- Being Oneself

My Furry Friend & I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene was walking along the hallways when she heard some students gossiping. She didn’t have to eavesdrop long to know that they were talking about Seulgi. Checking her watch, Irene saw that she had some time before her meeting so she decided to check on the puppy-like girl.

 

Seulgi was squatting by the small pond in the mini eco garden that was managed by the Green Club. She was growling and barking at the turtles, whom seem to give her no attention.

 

“Seul-gi.” Irene hummed and squatted down beside her.

 

Seulgi gave her the eye smile and waddled closer until their shoulders touch.

 

“What are you doing here, hmm?” Irene asked.

 

“Turtle-ssi is ignoring me.” Seulgi grumbled.

 

Irene chuckled and decided to play along.

 

“Mr. Turtle, if you don’t talk to Seulgi, I’m going to take her away.” She warned jokingly.

 

The turtle obviously gave no mind. Seulgi huffed but wasn’t that angry because she now had Irene to play with her.

 

.

 

Irene and Seulgi went on a walk around the school. Seulgi skipped ahead of her, running and jumping around as though living in her own world while Irene followed behind.

 

Seulgi was telling Irene about her adventures as well. She claimed that she had went to the houses of other animals (a.k.a the zoo), talked to them and even played with them.

 

“The elephants were meanies! They sprayed water at me and got my coat all wet…” Seulgi frowned. “Don’t they know how long it takes for my fur to dry?”

 

“Maybe they were giving you a bath.” Irene joked.

 

“Are you trying to say I smell bad?” Seulgi pouted.

 

“Kind of?” Irene teased.

 

Seulgi seemed to have taken offence and became conscious of herself. She took a few steps away from Irene and maintained that distance.

 

“Aw, Seulgi come here.” Irene said whi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter