Ch 1

Parachute

Here we go guys, another chaptered fic from yours truly. I hope you enjoy this one, it's gonna be a weird ride from start to finish. Upvote and comment if you love me loll. Follow me on tumblr and twitter if you'd like to chat; I'm @ sincelight on both. Enjoy!

 


 

“CHUG! CHUG! CHUG! CHUG!”

 

Jongin watches in awe, one hand wrapped around a red cup, the other holding his phone up to record the hot drunken mess taking place in front of him. He laughs as the people holding his best friend upside down by his ankles slip and nearly drop him head-first to the floor; they catch him at the last second. Jongin bites the rim of his cup and holds it between his teeth, allowing him to quickly reply to a text now that he’s captured enough of his best friend’s stupidity.

 

“Hey,” Sehun says, slightly out of breath but smiling from ear to ear. “You see that? Amazing right?”

 

Jongin has to stop his eyes from rolling, though he does allow himself to smile. “You’re a ing moron,” he says.

 

“Whatever,” Sehun scoffs, plucks Jongin’s cup from his hand and downs the rest of the room temperature beer, “You love me,” he finishes after a long burp.

 

“Yeah, you wish,” Jongin says, snatching his now empty cup back and pursing his lips. His eyes scan the room, looking for where the kitchen is; he misses the way Sehun looks to the floor and wraps an arm around himself. “Let’s get more to drink”, he says, jabbing an elbow into Sehun’s side.

 

“Yeah,” Sehun forces a smile, “yeah, let’s go.”

 

They navigate the crowded party together, Sehun holding loosely onto Jongin’s wrist so they don’t lose track of each other in the sweaty sea of bodies. His head is swaying blissfully, eyes only half open; he’s letting Jongin lead the way, as he always has, Sehun following him without question.

 

When Jongin stops suddenly Sehun slams into his backside. He lets out an uncharacteristically high pitched yelp and blushes when Jongin turns to make fun of him, thankful Jongin keeps his eyes up because Sehun would just about die if Jongin saw his currently poking uncomfortably at his jeans. He’d disintegrate if Jongin knew it was because of him, because Sehun couldn’t help but focus on Jongin’s swaying with each graceful step he took.

 

Sehun shakes his head, pulls himself together and pushes the lustful thoughts about his best friend deep, deep down. “Care to tell me why you stopped?” Sehun asks, trying to get Jongin to wipe that annoying smirk off his face.

 

“Do you not see what’s happening in front of us right now?” Jongin side-steps and motions with one hand to a group of girls, some almost , using their fingers to cover each other in bright paints. “God, I love college,” Jongin cries out dramatically, elbowing Sehun once again.

 

Sehun rolls his eyes while Jongin focuses on the girls, “Yeah, me too,” he says unenthusiastically, which Jongin notices.

 

“Dude, are you blind? Look at them.” Jongin takes in a deep breath, “I’m gonna go introduce myself.”

 

Before he even gets a chance to say anything, Jongin has already left Sehun’s side, strolling cockily over to the drunk, paint-covered girls. Sehun sighs, chews at his bottom lip; he really doesn’t want to overreact in the middle of a party, so he slips into the bathroom and locks the door.

 

He doesn’t cry, no that wouldn’t be cool at all, but he does splash his face with some cool water from the sink. He hates feeling like this, like he means something to Jongin, like Jongin owes him more attention than half- college girls. But, he can’t help it. And, if it doesn’t hurt. Being in love with your best friend is a hard pill to swallow, and a tricky secret to hide. He doesn’t think Jongin’s caught on, doesn’t think he’s noticed the way Sehun shuts down when Jongin brings girls back to their shared dorm. He’ll lock himself in his room and jam earbuds in his ears to avoid the possibility of hearing anything potentially soul crushing. But, it’s hard. He wants to feel the way those girls Jongin brings home feel. Wants to know what it’s like to kiss those lips, to have those strong arms wrapped around him.

 

Sehun sighs at his reflection, dabbing some toilet paper at his face to dry his skin before tossing it in the trash. He can hear some loud commotion in the hall just outside the door, sounds like screaming, maybe laughter. He can definitely hear people running.

 

He opens the door to utter chaos. His eyes widen in realization at the exact moment Jongin appears directly in front of his face. Jongin grabs him by the shirt and tugs, yelling something about police and ‘we gotta get the outta here’. Sehun lets himself be dragged out the back door, down the patio steps, and through the bushes at the back of the yard.

 

On the other side of the shrubbery all is calm. Jongin smiles and punches Sehun’s shoulder. “You just stood in the hall like an idiot!” He laughs some more, “What would you do without me? Honestly?”

 

Sehun rolls his eyes and begins the long walk home. “Get arrested, obviously.”

 

“Here” Jongin says, casually passing a fifth of cheap vodka to Sehun. “Nabbed that off the counter before I came and saved your .”

 

“My hero,” Sehun mocks with another roll of his eyes. He takes a long swig from the bottle before handing it back to Jongin. “This is nasty, ugh.” He shivers, the alcohol unpleasantly warming his body all the way to his toes.

 

“I don’t wanna go back to the dorm,” Jongin pouts.

 

God, Sehun loves when Jongin pouts. His already plump bottom lip jutting out, looking absolutely kissable, bite-able.

 

“Quit staring at me, dude, you’re freaking me out.”

 

“Sorry,” Sehun mumbles, eyes now watching their feet carry them forward. He takes the glass bottle again when it’s passed to him and takes another gag-inducing gulp. “I bet this costs like six bucks a bottle.”

 

Jongin shrugs, knocks back a mouthful like it’s nothing and then goes into a full-body shudder. “Yeah, it’s pretty gross. But it does the trick.” He puts both arms up, bottle hanging from his right hand, “I’m drunk as !” he screams into the night sky. He lowers his arms, loops one with Sehun’s and giggles. Sehun can’t help but laugh as well, and they stumble off along the dark campus street arm in arm.

 

 

 

 

He realizes he may have went too hard last night when the alarm rips him from a pleasantly ual dream and he can almost immediately feel the vomit burning at the back of his throat. He has to jump from his bed and race to the bathroom, landing on his knees in front of the toilet just in time.

 

 

 

 

“You look like ,” Jongin grins, and if Sehun wasn’t so miserably sick, he’d punch him in the arm. “Bad night?”

 

“Good night.” Sehun groans and lifts his head from the table, “Bad morning.” He moves his backpack so Jongin can place his food on the table, pulling it closer to himself so he can use it as a pillow. “Where even were you this morning?”

 

“Ugh, don’t remind me,” Jongin whines as he tears the corner off his sandwich. “This partner I have for my Japanese project is unbearable. Like, he insisted we met in the student center at 7 this morning.”

 

Sehun winces, trying to imagine what it would be like to be conscious that early in the day. “How are you still awake? You got like…what? Four hours of sleep?”

 

Jongin tips his head back and lets out a pathetic groan, “Stop reminding me about how miserable my life is.”

 

“My dude, I spent the first hour of my day face ing the toilet, don’t talk to me about misery.”

 

Jongin wiggles his eyebrows from behind his sandwich, “.”

 

Jongin’s head turns when a group of people start shouting at the other end of the dining hall. He watches the group for a minute, chewing, contemplating. A couple kisses and Jongin smiles a bit. “Do you think we need more friends?”

 

Sehun looks up, his chin digging into his backpack. “No. Why?”

 

Jongin looks to Sehun now and shrugs. “I don’t know, just thinking out loud.” He watches the table again for another minute. “But like seriously, do we actually have any friends besides each other?”

 

Sehun can feel himself getting irritated. “Luhan is my friend.”

 

“Luhan only speaks Chinese. He’s not your friend if you can’t actually talk to him.” Jongin rearranges in his seat, clears his throat. “But like, honestly…is it kinda like…sad? That we don’t have any other friends?”

 

“I don’t think so,” Sehun says easily. “You’re my best friend, I don’t need anyone else.”

 

Jongin wipes away a fake tear. “So beautiful. You really do love me, my little Sehunnie.” He reaches across the table to pinch one of Sehun’s cheeks.

 

“Shut up,” Sehun says, pulling himself out of Jongin’s reach. “You’re so stupid.”

 

“But ya’ love me!” He gives Sehun a big, bright smile.

 

“God, go make a new friend so you can leave me alone.” He watches Jongin’s face, trying to catch any subtle change in emotion; he knows he’d be crushed if Jongin had said that to him. Jongin’s smile doesn’t falter in the slightest and Sehun hates himself for it, but he wishes, if only for a second, that his words would have hurt Jongin.