Dance Partner

Love Letter

Look, I only mean well. And Diana, she had always been one of the boys. I didn't know that for the longest time, she had a crush on Aaron. If I had known, I wouldn't have pushed Pets to my best friends. 

 

As for Wayne... he's getting weirder the more he hangs out with Diana. 

 

As for Wes and Hebe, something tells me, something is going on with the two of them...

 

--

 

Diana sat alone at the bleachers as she watched Wes and Jiro play basketball. Then, she saw someone handing her a box of milk. She looked up, and saw Aaron smiling at her. She let out a faint smile as she took the milk from him. 

 

Aaron sat beside her, and looked at their friends as they played. "What made you do that?" Aaron asked her. Diana gave him a confused look. "What do you mean?" she asked. 

"Why did you want a change all of a sudden?"

 

Diana let out a sigh. "I'm starting to get tired of myself..." she said. Aaron looked at her. "Why are you getting tired of yourself?" he asked her. "Because I look too boyish." she told him. Aaron let out a laugh, and ruffled her head. "We accept you whatever you look like, you know that? You don't have to change." he told her. 

 

She looked at him for a long time. As he looked away, she looked at him with sadness. "I want to change so you can see me..." she thought sadly. "If you become more prettier, you know Wayne will be mad. You will steal his title of Goddess of Ba Le High." Aaron said. Diana let out a laugh. "Wayne said he's willing to share that title with me." 

"But I don't want you to be someone else's goddess."

 

Aaron said that as he looked at her. "I just want you to Diana Wang, my only girl best friend." he told her. He looked away again, and cheered on Jiro and Wes. Diana could only stare sadly at him. "Am I only a best friend to you, Aaron? Is there never a chance that you will like me, or see me more than that?" she thought. 

 

--

 

Meanwhile, Wayne and Pets passed by the basketball court. As he looked at the bleacher, she saw the sad look on Diana's face as she gazed at Aaron. Suddenly, he felt his heart began to hurt.  He stopped walking, and clutched his chest. 

 

"Wayne, are you all right?" Pets asked her. Wayne looked at her, and nodded his head. Then, he looked at Diana again. "Maybe I just need to go to the clinic..." he said as he looked at Pets again. Pets gave him a confused look. "Why?" she asked. Wayne shrugged his shoulder. 

 

Worried, Pets places the back of her hand on his forehead to check on his temperature. "You're not that warm... I don't think you have a fever." she told him. Wayne noticed the magazine that she is holding. "Hey, is that the new magazine where Wu Chun ge ge is on the cover?" he asked. Pets nodded her head. "Of course! Want to take a look?" she asked. 

 

Wayne nodded his head, and took the magazine from her. He scanned the page to look for more pictures of Wu Chun. Then, she saw a picture of a female model. As he looked at it, he saw the face of the model turn into Diana's face. 

 

He immediately closed the magazine, and handed it back to Pets, making the latter confused. "What's wrong with you? You're acting weird lately." she told him. "I don't even know what's happening to me anymore, all right!" Wayne shouted in frustration. Pets just shook her head. Wayne let out a pout at her. 

 

--

 

"OK class..."

 

Their teacher, Ms. Lin, said the moment they all sat on their seat. "I will make an announcement. Your class will be exempted  from the PE final examinations this semester." she said. Everyone cheered upon hearing that. "But..." Ms. Lin added.  "You will have to perform the cotillion at the High School ball."

 

 With that, everyone groaned and whined. "I don't even know how to dance..." Pets said as she leaned on the table. "I would love to dance!" Wayne said. Diana looked at Aaron, hoping that she will be partnered with him. "It would be nice to be his dance partner with him..." she thought. 

 

Wes tapped Hebe's shoulder, and leaned to her. "I won't let anyone be your partner. I will be your partner, OK?" Wes said. With that, Hebe smiled. Jiro looked at Aaron, and Pets. "I have to make sure that they will be partners." he thought. 

 

"Wayne, and Diana..." Ms. Lin called. The two of them stood up. "You will be exempted to the dance, as long as you help with the props and music, all right?" Ms. Lin said. Wayne pouted at the teacher. "But teacher, I want to dance too! I already planned the gown I'm going to wear!" he said. Everyone laughed at what he said. "Wayne, we all know you're the Goddess of Ba Le High. And because of that, I'm tasking you and Diana to help  out with the decorations. You two won't just be exempted from PE, but from Music and Art class too." Ms. Lin said. 

 

Diana looked sadly at Aaron. She needed to take this chance, because she wanted to be exempted  from those classes. She's doing well in PE and Art, but Music has been her Achilles' heels. She had to let that chance pass for the sake of her grades. "You can count on me, teacher." she said. Wayne looked at her, and saw the sad smile on her face. 

 

Wayne raised his hand. "I'll do it, teacher!" Wayne said. As much as he wanted to do the dance, something tells him to be with Diana. Pets and Hebe gave Wayne a surprised look. "Really?" Pets said.  Wayne smiled and nodded her head. 

 

Then, the boys were asked to pick a partner via a draw. Lucky for Wes, he got Hebe's name. Aaron got Pets as his partner. As for Jiro, he was surprised to see the name on the his paper. "Selina?!" he said. Wes'  eyes widened upon hearing that. "Your partner is Selina?!" Wes asked.   Aaron looked at his paper as well. "You lucky, bastard! You got your princess for a partner." Aaron told him.

 

Jiro placed the paper in his chest, and looked up dreamily. "I am the luckiest person in the world!" he said. "And Selina is the most unfortunate person." Pets told him. Jiro looked at him, and pouted. "Pei Pei, don't say that. She's lucky because I dance well!" Jiro said. Pets let out a laugh. "Ha! I remember how stupid you look you dance back then!" she told him. 

"That was when we were younger!" Jiro protested. 

"Really, can you dance well? I hope you don't step on Selina's foot during practice or she will be injured." 

 

Jiro pouted at him, while their friends laughed. "Who's the unlucky guy that got your name anyway?" he asked. Aaron smiled at him, and raised his hand. Jiro gasped at him. "You did not!" he said. Then, he looked at Pets. "Ha! You're unlucky, Ah Bu. Pets doesn't know how to dance." he said. "It's all right, I can teach her." Aaron said as he looked at Pets. Jiro could see Pets' cheek turn red. "Fate is on my side! I'm glad Aaron and Pets had this chance to be close." he thought as he looked at his two friends.

 

Wayne looked at Diana, and saw her in her sad state. He looked back at her, and held her hand. "Hey..." he said to her. She looked up at him, and saw him smiling at her. "It's going to be all right." he said. Then, she looked at Aaron. 

 

Seeing Aaron looking at Pets and smiling at her, it made Diana's heart hurt more. 

 

--

 

I should be happy with how things turned out to be. But seeing some of my friends hurt, it didn't make me happy. 

 

And seeing Pei Pei getting closer to Aaron, I wasn't too happy as well. That saying is right. Be careful what you wish for, because the moment I saw them getting closer, I wanted to take back what I did.