Fighting Back

Love Letter

I mentioned how my plan will backfire, right? Well... 

 

I didn't realize Pets is so smart to catch up with my plans. But I can say it was for the best. I think?

 

--

 

Pets, Hebe and Wayne peeked inside the empty classroom. "He's not here!" Wayne whispered. "Then, should we go look for it?" Hebe asked. "Of course! We need to get back Jun Xiang ge ge's love letter!" Wayne whispered.

 

The three of them tiptoed inside the classroom, and went to Jiro's desk. They looked for the letter under his desk, and inside his bag, but the letter is nowhere in sight. "I can't find it!" Hebe complained. "Does he even bring that to school?" Wayne asked. Pets shrugged her shoulders. "He always blackmails me that he'll post it in the bulletin board if I don't do what he says!" Pets said. 

 

"Of course you won't find it here. I kept it somewhere you will not find it." 

 

They heard someone saw. The three slowly looked back, and saw Jiro walking up to them. He let out an evil laugh. "You will never find it. And you will never get it back." Jiro told Pets. Wayne got in front of Jiro, and folded his arms. He raised an eyebrow at him. "Give back the love letter!" he demanded to him. Jiro let out a smirk. "No."

 

"Then, don't make Pei Pei do things that she doesn't want to do just to humiliate her!" Hebe scolded Jiro. Jiro just smiled at her. "I'm not humiliating her." he said. He looked at Pets, and smiled. "She used to love singing."

 

"Well, not anymore." Wayne said. He rolled his eyes at her. Then, an idea hit Pets as she looked at Jiro. "Do you really want me to sing?" she asked. Jiro folded his arms as she looked at her. "We already made a deal, right?" he said. Pets let out a smirk as she folded her arms. "Let's add something to that deal." she said.

 

She walked up to him, and face him. "If Aaron asks me out on a date and if you were able to convince Selina to be your date at the graduation ball, then I'm going to sing with you at the talent show." Pets said. Jiro glared at her. He never thought Pets would think of that to add to their deal. "You know it's next to impossible to make Selina my date!" Jiro said. Pets could only smirk at him. "Then forget about me singing." she said. 

 

Jiro looked at her for a while, and then let out a sigh. "OK. I accept the deal. But I'll make sure you'll sing with me at the talent show." Jiro told her. "Let's see who between us will win." Pets said. Jiro let out an evil laugh, while the three just sweat dropped at him. "I will win." he said. 

 

Jiro continued with his evil laugh until he turned his back and leave the classroom. But the moment he's not facing the three, worry came over his face. "How can I convince my princess to be my date?!" he thought. He knew he had to find a way to make Selina his date at the ball. 

 

--

 

It was lunch time.

 

Aaron came inside the classroom, hiding something behind his back. He walked towards Pets, who was having lunch with her friends. "Pets?" he called. Pets looked at him, and so did Hebe and Wayne. Wayne rolled his eyes at him. "Aaron, what do you want from our Pei Pei?" he asked. 

 

Aaron smiled at them. Then, he put out a bouquet of roses and showed it to Pets. There was a collective gasp in the room with what Aaron did. And it was also what Diana saw when she, Wes and Jiro got inside the classroom. Pets was just as surprised as everyone with Aaron's gesture. 

 

"Pets, will you be my date at the graduation ball?" Aaron asked her. Pets was speechless. She could hear her classmates cheering and urging her to accept Aaron. "Say yes! Say yes!" they all said. 

 

Diana's face fell upon seeing and hearing what Aaron did. She was expecting Aaron would ask her to be his date, but she was wrong. "Guess, I expected too much..." he thought. She felt Jiro's arm around her. "I think she will say yes." she heard Jiro say. 

 

Diana could only watch as Pets smiled at Aaron shyly. "Uhmmm... Yes." Pets finally said. She took the bouquet from Aaron, and smiled at him. She felt her heart sank that moment. She wanted to be happy for Aaron, but she can't put on a front, knowing her own heart is breaking. 

 

"I... I forgot something at my locker." Diana told her friends. She put away Jiro's arm, and rushed out of the classroom. What she didn't know is that Wayne had been watching for her reaction the whole time. The moment Aaron approached Pets, he became worried about Diana. He knew how much she liked her friend, and seeing him ask another girl out is heartbreaking. 

 

"Excuse me." Wayne said as he stood up from his seat. "Xiao Jin, where are you going?" he heard Hebe ask. He didn't answer her, and instead, rushed out to find Diana.

 

--

 

Diana was all alone at the school garden. She hugged her knees as she cried to herself. "I even gave that idiot some tips on how to ask me out, then you'll do that to another girl. You're so stupid, Ah Bu!" she shouted as she cried. 

 

"Hey..."

 

She looked up, and saw Wayne walking up to her. She immediately wiped her tears. "What do you want?!" she asked in an angry tone. "Princess, don't be such a brute. I'm here to check on you." Wayne said as he walked towards her. She looked away from him as she sensed her tears are about to fall again. "Go away! I want to be alone." she told him. 

 

"Not unless you give me an answer."

 

Diana slowly turned her head to look at him. He was smiling as he holds three red roses in his hand. "Princess, will you be my date at the graduation ball?" he asked her. Diana glared at him. "Are you mocking me?!" she shouted angrily at him. "Of course, not. I really want you to be my date. After all, the two of us were assigned at the music for the cotillion, right?" Wayne said. 

 

Diana looked away from him as she sniffle. "I'll let you wear the gown I'm supposed to wear at the ball." Wayne bribed her. "It's pink and off shoulder and you'll look like a real princess if you wear it." Wayne told her. 

 

Diana just cried as her answer. Wayne sat beside her, and hugged her tight. "Ssshhh... it's all right. It's his loss that he didn't realize what's in front of him all this time..." Wayne told her. Diana just cried to him that time as Wayne hugged her. And Wayne could only wish he could find a way to stop her heart from hurting even more. 

 

--

 

"You must be so happy right now."

 

Jiro asked Pets while they were doing their cleaning duties. Pets looked at Jiro, and let out a sigh. "Xiao Dong, did you ask Aaron to ask me to be his date? Because I will reject him if you forced him to do that." Pets told him. "Of course not! His actions are sincere. So, you must be very, very happy to be his date, huh?" Jiro . 

 

Pets put her hand on her waist as she glared at him. "Even if he asked me out on a date doesn't mean I will sing at the talent show with you. Remember, you need to convince Princess Selina to be your date." Pets reminded him. "Oh, I will have my ways. Hey, can you check the top of the cabinet? It might need some wiping." Jiro told her. 

 

An angry tick formed from her head. "You're taller than me! You can reach that." Pets shouted at him. Jiro folded his arms, and smirked at her. "And I thought you're not longer a little girl?" Jiro told her. Pets let out a huff as she grabbed a chair, and dragged it to the cabinet. "You're such a gentleman, Wang Dong Cheng." Pets said sarcastically. 

 

Jiro just continued wiping the board, while Pets got on the chair to reach the top of the cabinet. As she was about to clean it,she saw a small rat running around. When she realized it was coming to her direction, she let out a shriek. 

 

"Pei Pei!" Jiro panicked as he walked towards her. Thinking the rat will jump to her, she made a step back, losing her footing on the chair. Good thing, Jiro was behind her, and she was able to catch her. But the two of them fall on the floor, with Pets on top of him. 

 

He knew he should help Pets stand up right away, but somehow, Jiro couldn't help but stare in Pets' eyes. He doesn't know why, but looking into Pets' black orbs, he felt his heart beat fast. 

 

--

 

Well, my plan did backfired on me. In a bad way. That was the moment I realized I don't see Pei Pei as a little girl. Rather, that was the moment I see her as a lady - the one who you would want to cherish and take care of. Well, you know what that means. 

 

And things got into snowball effect after that, as it almost ruined friendships.

 

--

 

Selina walked into their classroom, her eyes looking for one particular person. The moment she saw him, she let out a smile, and approached him. 

 

"Jiro Wang." she called. Jiro, who still have a mouthful of cookies inside his mouth, looked at her. She let out a smile at him. "Be my date at the graduation ball." Selina said. 

 

Jiro could only choke upon hearing that.