Invisible

Love Letter

And so, it began. Little by little, I gave her tasks that will make us be closer. I gave her tasks that would turn  her back to the old Pei Pei that I know. At first, I know it won't work, but I just have to give it a shot, right?

 

--

 

"Open your eyes, sweety." 

 

Diana heard Wayne say. She slowly opened her eyes, and was surprised to see the way she looked. She let out a smile as she looked at herself. "Is that... is that really me?!" she asked in awe. "Of course, it's you, sweety!" Wayne said. He looked proudly at his creation. 

 

"I... I never thought I could be this... this pretty!" she said. She looked at Wayne, and she wanted to cry. "Sweety, I didn't spend so much time for your makeup. And even if the makeup is waterproof, please don't cry." Wayne told her. She stared at herself in the mirror, while Wayne rummaged through his closet to find something for Diana to wear. 

 

"Here, sweety. Wear this dress." Wayne said as he showed her a dress. It's a light blue off-shoulder dress that he chose for her. Diana looked at the dress dreamily as she smiled. "Can I really try it out?" she asked. "Of course!" Wayne said. 

 

Diana stood up, and took the dress from his hand. "Bathroom is over there." Wayne said, pointing at a door inside his room. Diana nodded, and went to the bathroom to change. After a few minutes, Diana came out, wearing the dress. 

 

Wayne smiled at her. She was very pretty in her hair and makeup, and she was more prettier in the dress he chose. At that moment, he can't take his eyes off of her. He can't believe he made Diana more prettier than her. "You're so lovely...." he told her. 

 

Diana twirled around for him. "Perfect! I can't believe my creation would be this perfect." he said. Diana let out a laugh. "Thank you, Wayne. Thank you for making me look like a girl for once." Diana told him. Wayne smiled at her. He doesn't know why, but he just stared at her for a long time. She is pretty, and he made her pretty, but there's something more to that that made him look at her that way. 

 

"You are a pretty girl, Diana. You should actually ditch your boyish look, and be more feminine. I don't mind sharing my title as the Goddess of Ba Le High to you." Wayne said. With that, Diana let out a laugh. Wayne didn't know why, but when Diana laughed happily, his heart began to beat fast.

 

"What's wrong with me?" he thought. Then, Diana held his hands, and looked at him. All of a sudden, he could see pink around Diana as she smiled at him. "Thank you so much, Wayne. You made me really happy today." she told him. He felt his cheeks became warm as he looked at her. "You're welcome... s-sweety..." he managed to say.

 

--

 

The next day. 

 

Pets went out of her house, and found Jiro with a bike beside him. "Good morning, Pei Pei!" Jiro said with a smile. Pets just let out a sigh. "Morning." she said monotonously. Jiro hopped on his bike, and then pointed at his back. "Hop on." he told her. 

 

Pets' eyes widened upon hearing that. "Wang Dong Cheng, the last time I rode with you on a bike, I needed a reconstructive surgery!" Pets told him. "Silly, it was just a scratch on your nose that time. You didn't have any plastic surgery." he told her. "But this time, if I hop on your bike, and you make me fall, I will make sure, you will have a reconstructive surgery." she told him. 

 

Jiro gave her a confident smile. "I won't let you fall from my bike this time, I promise. I am a good bike driver." he told her. Pets pouted at him. "If you made me fall from this bike, I swear to God what I will give you a black eye." Pets said. 

 

Pets sat behind him on the bike. Jiro took her hand, and put it around his waist. "You need to hold on tight to me so you won't fall, all right?" he told him. Pets just rolled her eyes at him. "Can we go now? I don't want to be late." she told him. Jiro let out a smirk, and then pedaled as fast as he could. They were speeding so fast, that Pets was screaming and holding tightly to him. 

 

The moment they arrived school, Pets thanked all the deities she knows. "I'm alive..." she muttered. Jiro looked back at her, and smiled. "See, we made to school safely." Jiro said. Pets glared at him, and began hitting his arm. "Who told you speed up the bike?!" Pets said as she hit him. Although it hurts, Jiro couldn't help but laugh at her reaction. 

 

Pets got off the bike, and Jiro did too before parking his bike. "I'm not riding that stupid bike with you anymore!" she told him. Jiro just smirked at him. "You have no choice." he said. Pets let out a groan, and started to walk away from him. Then, she felt Jiro hold her hand. She paused, and looked back at him. 

 

"What?!" she shouted at him. Jiro just smiled at him. "Let's get some breakfast first, all right?" he said.

 

--

 

Jiro is still holding Pets' hand as they walked inside the cafeteria. He took all the food that he knows is Pets' favorite. "Are you buying food for me?" she asked as she noticed that. Jiro nodded his head. "And I'm buying a lot because I know that habit of yours that you eat a lot when you're upset." he told her. 

 

Pets fell silent as he looked at him. "You're paying for these food." she told him. Jiro just nodded his head. "Don't worry, it's my treat." he said. Pets soon found herself smiling at him. "Well, being friends with him again is not bad..." she thought. 

 

Jiro gave her a quick glance and saw the smile on her lips. As he looked away, he let out a smile. He know that little by little, with this every move he makes, Pets and he will be closer like before. "Hey, I want chocolate." he heard Pets say. Jiro grabbed the chocolate bar for her, and then they went to pay for the food. 

 

"Boss, I'm paying for these." Jiro said as they went to the counter. "And -"

"One fried rice with lots of garlic." Pets said. Jiro looked at Pets in awe. "You still remember!" he said. "I know because you reek of garlic every morning." she said. Jiro just laughed. But nevertheless, Jiro is happy that Pets still remember his favorite breakfast. 

 

--

 

Diana looked at herself in the mirror for a long time. Today, she decided not  to wear her favorite baseball cap, and just put her hair down, just like what Wayne suggested. "I can do this." she told herself. Then, she let out a smiled. "I'll make sure Aaron will notice me today..." she said to herself. She took the deep breath, and got out of the bathroom. Then, she headed to their classroom. 

 

Meanwhile, Wayne, Hebe and Pets were busy talking. Wes and Jiro were goofing around, and Aaron was reading a book. The moment Diana  entered the room, all eyes were on her. "Is that Diana?" Hebe asked. Wayne looked by the door, and saw her. The moment she walked inside the room, everything turned slow motion. As Diana looked at them, he felt she was looking at him. "That's her, all right..." he said as he was in a daze. 

 

Wayne couldn't hide the redness in his cheek as he looked at her.The moment she smiled, he felt his heart began to beat fast. She waved at him, and he could only wave back her as he smiled at her. That whole time, he can't take his eyes off of her. 

 

Meanwhile, Pets and Hebe was confused at Wayne's reaction. "What's wrong with him?" Hebe whispered to Pets. Pets just shrugged her shoulder. Diana took her seat. Jiro and Wes approached him. "Who are you, and what did you do to Diana?!" Wes asked. "Are you Diana?" Jiro asked her. Diana just laughed at them. "I am Diana." she said. 

 

Wes poked her cheek. His eyes widened upon realizing she really is Diana. "Oh my God, Diana. I didn't know you can be this pretty!" Wes said. Jiro nodded his head. Wayne looked at the two, and smiled proudly. "Of course, she's as pretty as the one who gave her a makeover." he said pointing at himself. Jiro smiled at Wayne, and patted his shoulder. "Good job, Wayne." he said. 

 

Diana looked at Aaron, hoping he'll notice her change. Aaron put his book down, and looked at her. She smiled at him, but Aaron gave her a frown. "But I still prefer the old Diana." he said. Then, he went back to reading. 

 

Diana felt her heart wrench upon hearing that. She made an effort to be pretty for her, but Aaron didn't notice her. Wayne looked at her, and she could see the sadness in her eyes. Wayne stood up, and put his arm on his waist. "Hey, Aaron. Can you be appreciative? I worked hard for Diana to be this pretty!" he shouted angrily at him. 

 

Diana held his hand, and looked up at him. Wayne looked back at her, and saw him smiling sadly. "It's all right, Wayne. Maybe I should just go back to the old me. This isn't me at all..." she said. "But Diana..." Wayne protested. She took out her cap, and put it on. Wes and Jiro just looked sadly at her. "Hey, don't worry Diana. We love you whatever your looks are. You're still our friend." Jiro said. Wes nodded in agreement. Diana just smiled at her friends. Then, she secretly glanced at Aaron.

 

Still, Aaron didn't look her way. And it only hurt her. 

 

--

 

I still don't know why Aaron said that to Diana. I don't know why Diana suddenly changed for Aaron. All I know is I made a big mess that time. You know... setting up Pets with Aaron. I didn't know I was hurting another friend in the process. And I didn't know while my friend is hurting, one of Pets' friend is hurting as well.