Her Song

Love Letter
"Pei Pei..."
 
Pets looked at Wayne as he approached her. They were alone at the music room that time, and the seriousness in his face worried him. "Wayne?" she called. 
 
"Can I ask you a favor?" he asked. "As long as I can do it." she told him. Wayne let out a sigh before telling her his favor. "Can you... can you not go with Aaron at the graduation ball?" he asked. 
 
Pets just stared at him for a long time, wondering why he would ask her that. 
 
--
 
Have I mentioned how everything messed up? Well, I thought things were going well with Pets and Aaron. I thought our friends are cool with it. And I thought I will have a chance to make Pets sing. Turns out, I was wrong with some things. 
 
--
 
Jiro held Pets in his arms as he stared in her eyes. He doesn't know why, but he felt his heart began to beat fast, and staring at her for a long time made him dizzy. Before he could make her fall on the floor, he helped Pets to stand up. 
 
"Thanks..." Pets said the moment she got on her toes. "Y-y-you're welcome..." Jiro said, looking away from her. He felt his cheeks burn and turn red each time he tried to look at her. "Aiyo, Xiao Dong. What's wrong with you?" Pets asked him. Jiro opened his mouth to speak, but he ended up being speechless.
 
He heard Pets let out a sigh. "Can we just finish this so we can go home?" she told him. Jiro looked at her. He could see how tired she is with cleaning. "Pei Pei, why don't you take a rest, and I'll finish everything up. Wait for me, then we can go home together, all right?" Jiro told her. 
 
Pets gave her a confused look. She's confused with his sudden change of attitude. "Am I talking to Wang Dong Cheng or..." Jiro let out a smile. "It's still me. You've been working hard. So let me finish everything for you." he said. Pets let out a pout. "Why are you so nice? Do you want something from me again?" she asked in a dubious tone. Jiro shook her head. "I just want you to take a rest. OK?" he said. Pets could only sigh at him. 
 
--
 
The next morning. 
 
"I'm scared..." Hebe told Wes. They were at the fire exit that  morning, and had planned to tell their friends that day that they are together. "If they don't understand that we love each other, are they really our friends?" he asked. 
 
Hebe let out a sigh. She's scared that Wayne and Pets would be mad at her if they found out she had been dating Wes for over a year. She's scared they will not approve of him, especially Pets, so she decided to keep it a secret. 
 
Wes held her hand, and gave her a warm smile. "We can do this, all right?" he said. Seeing Wes smile at her that way, Hebe felt at ease. He's right. If they are their friends, they would understand their feelings. Holding hands, the two of them went to the classroom. Luckily, only their friends were inside. 
 
"Xi Bi! You're finally here!" Wayne said excitedly. However, he noticed that Wes was holding her hand, making her confused. "W-what???" he exclaimed, pointing at their hands. All of them looked closely, and was surprised that the two of them were holding hands. 
 
"What's happening, Wes?" Diana asked. "Is there something you're not telling us?" Jiro asked. Hebe and Wes looked at each other, and took a deep breath. Then, they faced their friends again. "Guys, I want you to know that Hebe is my girlfriend for over a year now." Wes said. 
 
They saw their eyes widen with shock. "What?!" everyone exclaimed. "Yes, we're together..." Hebe explained. "How did that happen?" Pets asked. Hebe looked down as she blushed. "Last year, when we had our group project and Wes became my partner. We got close until we both realized we like each other." Hebe explained. 
 
"So I courted her for a few months, and later on, she became my girlfriend. We decided to hide our relationship because you guys are not in good terms." Wes explained. Wayne and Pets gave each other a confused look. "Hebe, weren't you complaining that Wes isn't helping a lot with group project?" Pets asked. "And Wes, weren't you complaining how she complains a lot?" Jiro asked. 
 
Hebe and Wes looked at each other, and laughed. "It's a diversion." Hebe said. "So you won't find out we have fallen in love." Wes said. Pets and Jiro let out a sigh. "But still, I'm so happy, Hebe!" Wayne said. He jumped from his seat, and hugged Wes. An angry tick formed on Hebe's head. "Xiao Jin! Stop hugging my boyfriend!" she shouted at him. 
 
Diana laughed at that scene. She stood up, and pulled Wayne away form Wes. "Stop it, or Hebe will unfriend you." she told him. Wayne just smiled at her. Meanwhile. Pets, Jiro and Aaron just sighed. "This is crazy..." Aaron said. "This is going to be fun!" Jiro said. Pets looked at Hebe and Wes as they smiled lovingly at each other. "I'm just happy that my friend is happy." Pets said as she smiled. 
 
Jiro looked at her, and let out a smile. "Don't worry. You're going to be happy like Hebe soon." he thought.
 
--
 
"Pets, thank you for your hard work todat." Selina told Pets after their choir practice. Pets let out a smile at her. "No problem. Thank you for working hard today as well." she said. 
 
Each member went outside the music room, until it was only her and her friends were left. "I'm sorry, I have to go. Wes said he'll treating me out for some snacks today." Hebe said. Upon hearing that, Wayne rolled her eyes. "You don't love us anymore." he said in a hurt tone. Pets let out a laugh. "Xiao Jin, let Xi Bi be. Let her have a normal relationship with Wes, and let them date, all right?" Pets said. 
 
By the door, Wayne saw Diana peeking. "Wayne?" she called him. Hebe and Pets looked at Wayne and smiled playfully at him. "Seems like I'm not the only one who have a date today..." Hebe . Wayne rolled his eyes at them. "I'm going!" he said as he walk out to the door to meet with Diana. 
 
"Are you sure you're OK here alone?" Hebe asked. Pets nodded her head. "I need to practice the piano piece. Don't worry about me." Pets said. Hebe nodded her head. She said goodbye to her, and left Pets alone in the music room. 
 
Once she's alone, she began to play the piano. She first practiced the piece she will play for the choir, then decided to play another song. As she played it, she sang along with it.
 
Ambiguity makes people feel wronged
they can't find evidence of love
the right time to get closer,
the right time to give up
Can't even bring up the courage to hug one another
 
I can only accompany you up to here
After all, there are some things that I cannot do
Surpassing friendship,
not quite reaching love
It's about to rain in a faraway place
 
Should I cry or not?
Is it you or I who thinks too much?
I'm really not convinced
and I start to suspect
Is the person in front of me really the same you?
 
Ambiguity makes people feel wronged
they can't find evidence of love
the right time to get closer,
the right time to give up
Can't even bring up the courage to hug one another
 
Ambiguity makes people greedy
until waiting loses its meaning
I cannot bear the fact
that we cannot write out an ending
Let the beauty of regret
stop right here"
 
What Pets didn't know is that while she was singing and playing the piano, Jiro was just outside, listening to her. He took a deep breath as he leaned on the wall outside the music room. "I love hearing your voice, did you know that, Pei Pei?" he thought. Then, he let out a smile as he continued to listen to her sing.
 
--
 
"You don't have to wait for me, you know."
 
Pets said as she watched Jiro got on his bike. Jiro smiled at her. "Of course, I have to wait for you. We should go home together. Remember?" he said. "But you should return first." Pets said. Jiro furrowed his brows as he looked at her. "Why are you reacting this way? Do you recall, we made a deal." he said. 
 
Pets rolled her eyes, and then sat behind him at the bike. Jiro held her hand, and then put on his waist. "Hold on tight!" he said. "Wang Dong Cheng!" Pets shouted in his ear, making it ring. "If you dare to ride this bike so fast, I swear to God, I will  kill you before we get killed by your driving!" Pets told him.
 
Jiro looked back at her, and their gazes met. At that moment, he felt his heart beat fast again. He looked away as he find himself getting dizzy again. "What's wrong?" Pets asked him. Jiro massaged his temple as he start to get dizzy. 
 
Then, she heard Jiro's stomach growl. She could only laugh at him. "Aiya... you didn't tell me you're hungry?" she asked. Jiro let out a pout. "I guess I am..." he said. Then, he heard Pets' tummy growl as well. They looked at each other, and laughed. 
 
"You know what I want, Pei Pei?" Jiro asked. "Candied fruits!" Both of them shouted. They let out another laugh. He's so happy that some things never change between them. Most especially, their favorite snack. 
 
--
 
Some things never change. We still like the same food. We still like the same song. She had the same voice she had when she used to sing. 
 
And, I think I still feel the same way for her the way I did back then...