Helping Her

Love Letter

Knowing Pei Pei, it's rare for her to have a crush. And since I'm a curious cat that will probably will get killed, I tried to find who the guy she likes is. And then, I came up to a conclusion.

 

--

 

Jiro sat on his table, and re-read Pets' letter. "Who could be Pei Pei's crush?" he asked himself. He leaned on his table to think of the possible candidate. 

 

"Sam Lin from the Taekwondo club?" he asked. But he remembered how Pets punched him one time they had an argument. Jiro shook his head, and crossed him out of his list. 

 

"Calvin Chen?" he asked again. But he doesn't think so. Despite the sunshine smile, and cute dimples, Pets disliked him because he is a playboy. Again, he crossed him out of his list. 

 

"Ian Chen?" He is at the choir together with Pets. The get along well, but realized Ian is in a relationship with another girl from his class. Again, not the possible candidate.

 

"Don't tell me it's Wayne?" Jiro asked. But Wayne is gay. Even if they get along, there's no way Pets would be in love with him. 

 

He looked at the letter, and read it again. He tried to find clues as to who the mystery crush is. 

 

"Every time I see you, I feel like I'm falling for you even more."

 

Jiro read the first line. "It could be someone she sees everyday... maybe a classmate?" he thought. 

 

"When you smile, it's like a ray of sunshine had gone through my window."

 

Jiro sighed, and thought. "Could be someone who had a handsome smile." he said to himself. 

 

"You don't know how happy you make me with your mere presence. "

 

"So it could be someone that makes her smile when she sees him?" Jiro asked. 

 

"But I can only watch you from afar."

 

"It could be someone she looks at a very far direction." Jiro said. 

 

He took down of the clues. "Someone she sees everyday, someone who have a handsome smile, someone that makes her smile, someone that she looked at a far direction... hmmmm... this is hard. But maybe if I observe her tomorrow..." Jiro thought. Seems like a light bulb lightened up on his head. "Or, I could ask her. Wait, will he tell me? She have to tell me!" Jiro said to himself again. 

 

--

 

The next day. 

 

Pets went outside of her house, and saw Jiro waiting for her. "Good morning!" he greeted her. Pets scowled at him. "What's the good in this morning?" she asked. It was the second time the will walk together, and this time, going to school. 

 

"Awww, someone got out of the wrong bed!" Jiro told her as they walked. "It's someone got out of the wrong side of bed, monkey king!" Pets told him. Jiro let out a pout. "OK, new thing to do. Stop calling me monkey king, and call me like how you call me when we were young." Jiro said. Pets rolled her eyes at him. "No." 

"I will put that letter on the billboard."

 

Pets stopped walking, and faced him. "Xiao Dong." she said. With that, Jiro smiled. "Better." he said. The two continued walking to school. "So, to whom is that letter for?" he asked. "It's written there." Pets answered coldly. "No name is written on the letter."

"It's written on the envelope."

"The only thing I saw written on the envelope is 'For You'. Now, tell me."

 

Pets stopped walking. "Are you going to blackmail me again if I don't tell you to whom I wanted to give that letter?" she asked. Jiro shook his head. "I will find out eventually. I'm like Sherlock Holmes, you know." Jiro said. "You will never ever know who he is. Ugh! You're the worst human being in the whole universe! Why can't you just give me back my letter and forget the whole thing?!" Pets whined. 

 

Jiro let out a smirk. "Because it's fun!" he said. Pets could only glare at him. "Monkey king, I hate you..." she thought as they walked. 

 

Jiro sure is having fun. Even if Pets hated walking to school with him, he is happy. It's been so long since the last time they walked together. Since Pets started to avoid him for something he didn't remember he did or say that made her upset. he was hoping the two of them could do this again. Pets was his best friend since diaper days, and having his ex-best friend around made him happy. "I'm going to rekindle this friendship, no matter what!" he thought decisively. 

 

--

 

Hebe is still alone at school and at the hallway. She looked around before going into the fire exit, where she and Wes would secretly meet. The moment she got there, Wes is already waiting for him. 

 

"Good morning, honey." Wes said in his suve tone. Hebe smiled, jumped to him for a hug. Wes leaned down, and gave her a quick peck. "Did you miss me?" Hebe asked him. Wes nodded his head. "I miss you everyday, even if your're just near me." he said with a pout. Then, he leaned down to kiss her lips, and before they knew it they were making out. 

 

--

 

Wayne was the first to arrive that morning in class. While he is reading a magazine, Diana came in. This time, she did not hid her hair inside her cap. She let down her hair, but she still had her cap on. "Good morning..." she greeted shyly. Wayne looked up at her. "Aiyo! Why do you still have you cap on? I told you, no cap on!" Wayne scolded her. 

 

Diana pouted. "My friends will tease me if I don't have a cap. They will think I turned into a girl..." she explained. "Aren't you a girl?" Wayne told her. Diana just looked down. "For them, I'm one of the boys." she said. "Then, that should change now!" Wayne said. 

 

Wayne walked up to her, and took off her cap. He arranged her hair like how he did to her yesterday. "Wayne, thank you for yesterday..." Diana said to him. Wayne stopped, and looked at her. She was smiling shyly at him. "Yesterday, I feel like the prettiest. Thank you for lending me the dress, and for making me a girl for a day." Diana told him. 

 

Wayne smiled at her. "Aiyo, you're a pretty girl, Diana. I don't know why you have to be so boyish just to be around your brute friends. You should be more girly, because you're pretty, like me." Wayne said. With that, Diana let out a laugh. "If you want, we can go on dress shopping later? Why don't you join me, Pets and Hebe?" Wayne asked. 

 

Diana shook her head. "I can't... the guys may have planned something later on." she said. Wayne pouted. Then, if you need help with a makeover, you have to tell me, all right?" Wayne said. Diana nodded her head. As Wayne fixed her hair, Aaron came inside the classroom. 

 

"What are you doing to Diana?" Aaron asked. The two of them looked at Aaron's direction. "Isn't she pretty without a hat?" Wayne said. Aaron let out a sigh. "Whatever." he said. Wayne looked at Diana, and saw the hurt look on her face when Aaron ignored her. Wayne felt sorry for her. He took the cap from her hand, and put it back on her head.

 

Diana looked at him, and he smiled at her. "With or without a hat, you're pretty. Remember that." he told her. Diana just nodded her head. "Thank you, Wayne..." she said. Then, she took her seat. From where Wayne is standing, he could see Diana look at Aaron. "This girl is in love with him. Why can't he notice her?" he thought. Then, he thought of an idea. "I know! I'll help her to be prettier in front of Aaron!" he said. 

 

--

 

"Good morning!"

 

Pets said as she and Jiro got inside the room. Wayne was surprised the two of them together. "Wow, it's a rare sight to see you and monkey king together." Wayne said. "Well, mon-"

 

Before Pets could continue, she heard Jiro clear his throat. "Me and Xiao Dong walked here together." she said. She glared at him. Wayne laughed upon hearing that. "Oh, how cute. You're calling him Xiao Dong!" Wayne said. Wayne heard Diana loudly from behind. "Xiao Dong?! Ha ha ha ha ha!" she said as she laughed. 

 

Jiro sweat dropped at her. "Diana..." he hissed. "Good morning!" Hebe greeted as she arrived. The moment she approached her friends, Wayne noticed something. "Wow, Hebe... your lips are swollen! What happened to you?" he asked Hebe covered her lips, and eyed Wes as he got inside the room. Wes just winked at her. "Stupid lanky bean pole!" she thought. 

 

"I... I got bitten by a bug." Hebe lied. Wayne nodded his head. Jiro saw Aaron pat Pets' shoulder. She looked back at him, and smiled. "Good morning." he told her as he smiled. "Good morning." she said, nodding her head. 

 

Then, Jiro remembered his clues. "Someone whom she sees everyday. Someone with a handsome smile. Someone that makes her smile..." he thought. Then, Aaron stood up. "Diana, my turn to buy our breakfast. Do you want anything?" he asked. "A milk box, please!" Diana said. Aaron nodded his head. Jiro looked at Pets, and saw her watching Aaron as he leaves. "Someone she can only watch from afar! It's... It's... Aaron!" he thought. He gasped as she looked at Pets. 

 

Jiro pointed at her. "You..." he hissed at her. Pets gave her a confused look. "What?!" she said. He held her hand, and pulled her outside the classroom.

 

--

 

"What do you want, mon- Xiao Dong?!" Pets scolded him the moment they were outside. Jiro looked at her, and smirked. "And you thought I wouldn't find out who he is?!" Jiro asked. Pets gave him a confused look. "Who?" Pets asked. "You like Aaron, right? That letter is for my best friend!" Jiro said. 

 

Pets let out a sigh. "All right, Detective Conan. Yes, that letter is for Aaron. And yes, I like him." Pets said. Jiro jumped at his triumph. "I knew it! I was right!" he said happily. "So, how do you plan to torture me more with this knowledge?" Pets asked him. 

 

Jiro put his arms around her, and pulled her to him. "Same. Just do all the things I ask you to do. But this time, with added benefits." Jiro said. Pets gave him a confused look. "What benefit?" she asked. Jiro let out his most handsome smile at her.  "I will help you be close to Aaron, and help you become his girlfriend."

 

--

 

And so, since that day, I helped Pets to be much closer with Aaron. You don't know how happy I am! Imagine, my childhood best friend, and my current best friend being together... this is the best thing that happened to me!

 

Although I am doing this so I could be friends with Pets again. Although she hates me, I'm still hoping for that day she could treat me like a friend again, just like before.