The Noisy Neighbor

Love Letter

Once upon a time,  well, ten years actually, there are two neighbors. That's my annoying neighbor, Pei Pei, also known as Pets Ceng. And that's me, the most handsome of them all, Jiro Wang. 

 

--

 

Ten Years Ago. 

 

Pets sat up on her bed with an angry look on her face. Once again, she was awakened by the loud rock music from the next door neighbor. "That golden monkey king..." she hissed. She got out of her bed, and opened her window, and let half of her body out. "Wang. Dong. Cheng!" she shouted angrily. The window in front of her opened, and a boy with golden brown hair greeted him with a smirk. "Hello there, bedhead!" he greeted. "Will you freaking turn down your radio?! I'm still sleeping!" she shouted angrily at him. "No." he said. 

"Why?"

"Because I want to."

"Don't you have any respect to your neighbors?"

"Little girl, it's 9 AM. It's OK to blast my radio this loud."

"Dude, it's 9 AM. AND I STILL WANT TO SLEEP! AND I'M NOT A LITTLE GIRL!"

 

She shut her window closed, and slumped on the bed. "That jerk..." she said angrily. "Ugh! Why am I neighbors with that monkey king! It's a torture being classmates with him, and it's a torture being his neighbor. And he's just right across me!" she said angrily again. 

 

She laid on the bed, and put a pillow on her head. "I hope I won't hear his trashy music with this!" she thought. But she is wrong. 

 

--

 

"Pets? Why the angry look?"

 

Hebe asked her best friend as she looked at him. "Did you know who ruined my weekend?" Pets hissed at Hebe. "Uh... him?" she asked. Pets looked at her, and nodded her head. "He played his music so loud, I have to wake up so early. And I didn't even have enough sleep!"

"Why didn't you sleep early during the weekend if he likes playing rock music early in the morning. 

 

Pets put her hands over her shoulder, and stared at her. "Hebe, you don't understand. For my Ge Ge, I'll sacrifice my sleep." she said. Hebe let out a sweat drop. She knew her so well. Of course, Pets finished that TV drama with her favorite actor. 

 

"Pets, you have watched 'Devil Beside You' a lot of times." Hebe said. Pets smiled, and shook her head. "I'll do everything for Jun Xiang ge ge. Even if it means I have to repeatedly watch  his drama." Pets said. Hebe sweatdropped again. She knew how much Pets loved the actor Mike He, so she would always binge watch his dramas, and buy all  the things he endorse of the magazines he's the cover of. 

 

"Pei Pei!"

 

They heard a girly guy's voice calling them. Hebe and Pets looked up, and saw Wayne, their gay friend, rushing towards them. "Wayne!" Pets called. Wayne sat beside her, and showed her the magazine he's holding. "Look who I found on my way to school!" he said. 

 

Pets gaped upon seeing the cover of the magazine. She immediately snatched it from his hand, and hugged it tight. "Jun Xiang ge ge!" she said. With that, Wayne pouted. "Aiyo! I bought that for myself. Did you know, my Wu Chun ge ge is on the centerfold?" Wayne said. 

 

Hebe could only sweat drop as she watched her two friend fight over a magazine. "Why am I friends with the two of you..." she said to herself. "Make way for the king!" they heard someone shout. The three of them looked at the door and saw Jiro with his friends, Diana, Wes and Aaron, walking inside the classroom. "Who's the king?" Wayne asked. "Maybe the monkey king." Pets said. 

 

As Aaron passed by their seats, he smiled at Pets. "Good morning." he greeted them. Pets smiled at him. "Good morning." she said. Wes, on the other hand, ruffled Hebe's hair, which made her mad. "You lanky bean pole!" Hebe shouted at him. Wes just smirked at her. 

 

"Awww, Hebe... don't be mad at my Wes ge ge." Wayne said. Wes looked at him, and winked. Diana, who passed by Wayne, hit him in the head. Wayne looked up at her, and saw her smirking at him. Diana gave Jiro a high five before taking her seat, which is behind Wayne. 

 

Diana kicked Wayne's seat with her foot. "Hey, princess, let me copy the Science assignment." Diana told Wayne. Wayne rolled her eyes at the boyish girl behind him. "No! Make your own assignment!" Wayne said in his most sassy voice. "Diana, that's not how you ask Wayne. Here, watch me." Wes said. 

 

Wes patted Wayne's back, and gave him his most handsome smile. "Wayne, can I please copy your Science assignment?" he asked. He gave Wayne puppy eyes. "Wayne Huang, if you let that lanky bean pole copy your assignment, I will shred Wu Chun's poster into pieces!" Hebe warned him. Wayne just sighed at Hebe. 

 

"Monkey king, tell your friends not to rely on their classmates with their assignments." Pets said as she looked at Jiro. Jiro folded his arms, and looked at Pets. "Who are you to dictate me?" he said. Pets squinted her eyes as she glared at him. "You..."

 

"Good morning class." they heard the teacher say. Pets looked away from him and totally ignored him. It's going to be another long day with her most hated person in the world. 

 

--

 

"I. hate. him."

 

Pets said as she, Hebe and Wayne was walking in the school grounds. "Who? Monkey king or lanky bean pole?" Hebe asked. "All of them!" Pets answered angrily. "Hey, Wes is tolerable." Wayne said. "He is tolerable for you. Because he gives you that handsome smile when he wants something!" Pets pointed out. 

 

Wayne folded his arms. "You and Jiro had been neighbors for so long. Why can't you two get along well?" he asked. "Because he is very annoying. Ugh! Sometimes I want to strangle him with my bare hands." Pets said. "But when you look at him, Jiro is kinda cute." Wayne said, smiling at them. Pets could only glare at him. 

 

"Wayne, every guy is cute in your eyes. How about Diana? Is she cute? She's a guy." Hebe said. Wayne pouted. "Not that brute!" Wayne said. Pets and Hebe looked at each other, and laughed.at him. "Incoming!" they heard someone shout. Before Pets knew it, Jiro bumped into him. He was on his skateboard, and didn't even bother to say sorry to her. "Monkey king! Don't you have any manners?!" she shouted at him angrily. Jiro just gave her a peace sign. 

 

"In behalf of Jiro, I'm sorry..." she heard someone say. She looked behind her, and saw Aaron smiling at her. She fell silent upon seeing him. "Are you hurt? Do you want me to take you to the clinic?" he asked worriedly. Pets shook her head. "I'm OK. Just tell that monkey king to look at his way." he said. Aaron nodded his head, and then followed Jiro. 

 

"Aaron is the most tolerable of their group." Hebe said. "And handsome too!" Wayne commented. Hebe and Pets looked at Wayne. "Every guy in this school is handsome in your eyes." Pets said. Wayne let out another pout. 

 

--

 

It was Pets' turn to take out the garbage that night. As she got out of the house, Jiro also went out of their house. "Good evening, little girl!" he greeted. "How many times do I have to tell you, I'm not a little girl. I'm the same age as you are!"  she shouted at him. 

 

Jiro smiled, feeling amused at her. "But to me, you are still a little girl. You just got a little taller." he said. Pets huffed at him. "I am not a little girl." she reiterated. She walked to the garbage bin,and put the garbage bag she's holding inside it. "Why are you so mad at me? When we were little, we were so close. And you always want to be with me." Jiro asked. "Who said I was an annoying little girl in the first place?" she said as she turned to him. 

 

She folded her arms as she looked at him. "You said you don't want me to follow you around, so I did that." she added. "I said that? When?" Jiro asked. Pets didn't answer him, and just looked away. "Then try to remember when!" she shouted at him. "OK, so if I said that, it's because you're always tailing me, and it's annoying. I didn't say I don't want to be friends anymore." Jiro argued. "Same thing. If you don't want me to follow you, then it also means you don't want me to be your friend." Pets said. 

 

Jiro let out a sigh. "It's a different thing, all right? Not following me, means I want you to mind your own business. It's different from not wanting to be friends." he explained. "Well, I don't want to have an annoying friend like you!" Pets told him. "I am annoying!"

"Yes you are!"

"I am not."

"Look at you, being annoying again!"

 

Jiro let out a sigh. "Look, I don't know what happened to us. If I said anything before that hurt your feelings, I'm sorry. I want us to be friends again." he said. Pets just looked at him again. "I don't think I want to be friend with an annoying person like you." she told him. Then, she walked out at him. Jiro could only look sadly at her back as she watched her leave.

 

--

 

Honestly, I didn't know what happened. When we were younger, Pei Pei and I are really close. We were like Siamese twins - very inseparable. Maybe I did say something that hurt her feelings. I can't remember. That moment, all I ever wanted is to have my childhood friend back. 

 

And everyday of my life, I'm trying to win her back.