Dinner Time!

"Noona?" "More like Oppa..."

Sang-Mi’s POV

I sat in Park Jin-Young’s office with Taecyeon. I was so nervous. He was actually going to discuss making a music video WITH ME. Oh my gosh…

“Ah! Hello Taec. Sang-Mi.” He shook our hands and sat down across from us at his desk. “This is your first music video right?” I nodded. “Well, it’s completely different from what you do on a normal day-to-day basis.“

OK…

“First, we need you to rearrange any plans you have for the next couple of weeks because…”

Wait…What? I’m just designing a music video…You don’t need me that much. I just provided the song! I’m not actually going to be…

“We were thinking of shooting the video at the beach. Of course, you won’t be in a swimsuit, but Junsu was thinking of elegant beach scene.”

“How does that work?” Taec asked sounding confused, but not as much as me.

“We’ll discuss the details later.”

“I’m going to be in it!?”

“Yes.” They said bluntly.

“But…But I’m just a song writer! I’m not an actress or…”

“You sing very well from what we’ve heard at the Nightingale.”

“B…”

“Taec suggested you do it. If you don’t want to…”

“You have no choice.” Taecyeon cut in. “You owe me.”

“For what!” I yelled at hime.

And there it was. The damned piece of paper I regret ever writing on it.

  IOU.

I wrote it a year ago. I forced Taec to take care of Hyo-Sun when she hated new people. She brutalized the poor boy until he bought her a huge Hello Kitty (no one has ever wanted to spend $199 on a stuffed animal for her, but he just gave up) and she fell for his charm.

I hate life.

Tuesday

Key’s POV

It was finally Tuesday. Taemin spent the entire day FREAKING OUT. He tried on multiple outfits and rewrapped the dress so many times it was crazy. He tried on a suit, a tuxedo, jeans, skinny jeans, various t-shirts, sweaters, and went through his entire closet and Minho’s.

What the hell. This girl ain’t that special.

I dragged him out the door at 5:30 with him wearing a plain blue t-shirt and dark jeans. He began to go into a panic.

“Am I dressed up enough for the dinner? Are you sure I’m not too casual?”

“We’re going out for udon. Not a formal dinner.”

“Udon!? You asked her to UDON!?” He yelled at me.

“Yes. I thought she would like some.” I said casually. I looked out the window of our cab. The lights were twinkling and I could feel Taemin about to burst next to me.

“UDON!? And we’re giving her a dress while we eat UDON!?”

“It’ll be fine. They serve other stuff like curry.”

“Oh that’ll be great. Hey Sang-Mi. Have some udon and curry. By the way, here’s a fancy dress!” He yelled sarcastically.

“She’ll like the dress if that’s what you’re worried about.” He groaned loudly. I was having too much fun teasing him.

“THAT’S NOT WHAT I’M WORRIED ABOUT! She’s a NOONA, KEY. Not some girl off the street who is STARVING! We should take her to a place that’s nice, but not too fancy!”

“Like what? A place that serves udon, curry, and chicken?” I teased. Taemin started spazzing out again. 

I’m just so cruel.

The cab stopped in front of The Singing Nightingale and we got out. It was 5:50. I guess the drive drove slower so Taemin could calm down. Good guy.

“YOU COULD HAVE TOLD ME IT WAS THIS PLACE!” Taemin screamed at me.

“Calm down. I didn’t lie to you. This place does have udon and curry. She might order udon if she wants.”

“UGH!” Taemin growled at me. He held the box in his hands like he was about to hit me. I immediately took it away from him and turned around to face Sang-Mi.

“Hey!” She said happily. She wore jeans and a plain blue shirt too…. “Woah! We…We wore the same thing….” She began to laugh nervously along with Taemin who was probably freaking out in his own mind.

“Ha!” I yelled. “It’s like you two are in sync with each other. Cool.” I said smiling to myself. I don’t think this night could get any better.

“Yeah!” Sang-mi said. “What’s the box for?” She said staring at it.

“You.” I handed it to her.

“It’s from us!” Taemin cut in, leaning closer to her.

“Oh thank you!” She said taking it. “I feel bad now because you gave me something and I didn’t get you anything…”

“Oh it’s nothing.” I said. “We took time away from your studying. It’s only fair we get you something.”

“You guys are so sweet. Can I open it?”

“Go ahead!” I said while Taemin tried to protest as I covered his mouth with my hand. She took the ribbon and lid off.

“Wow…” She said taking part of the dress out. “It’s….”

“Do you like it!?” Taemin asked shoving his face into her face.

I thought this was odd since she didn’t step back, freaked out because his face was so close. She just looked deep into his eyes and smiled.

“I love it. Thank you so much. But it looks so expensive…” She looked for a price tag. I already ripped it off.

“It was nothing.” I said. I didn’t want to tell her it cost my entire allowance for the month and I had to borrow money from Jonghyun for food and Onew for cab fare.

She pulled me into a hug and I could see Taemin’s extreme jealousy and anger just bursting out of his head.

“It’s from Taemin and me…” I said, getting a little freaked out by my dongsaeng.

“Thank you!” She said hugging Taemin too. He looked as if he was about to melt. She pulled away and he almost fell over.

“Let’s go inside before they run out of tables.” I said pulling Taemin up. Sang-mi just laughed at me.

“I work here. We’ll be fine.” She said opening the door. It was like the last time we came. It was empty and only a few waitresses were hanging around setting the tables and stuff.

“Sang-Mi!” One of the waitresses came up and hugged her. “It’s been awhile!”

“Exams…” Sang-Mi groaned.

“Excuses, excuses.” She said. She pulled out 3 menus. “The usual table?”

“You know it.” Sang-Mi said leading the way. She led us to the VIP area and we sat down next to a large window view of the entire city. The sun was about set and it looked beautiful.

But of course, Taemin was staring at Sang-Mi.

Poor lovesick boy.

“So, what do you guys like to eat?” She asked opening her menu.

“Udon.” I said grinning at Taemin who gave me a quick glare.

“What do you suggest, Sang-Mi?” Taemin asked.

“Curry here is good.”

I think Taemin just momentarily died.

“But I like Bibimbap (mixed rice dish…I know. Random).” She said. “That’s what I’ll have. And a Coke.”

“Me too.” Taemin said quickly. Does he even like Coke?

“I’ll have udon with hot tea.” I said giving the waitress the menu. She nodded and walked away. Sang-Mi turned to me.

“Why did you call me out for dinner?” She asked smiling. “Did you feel guilty for hurting my knee?”

“No. Well, yes… But that’s not the only reason.” I said.

“Oh? Did you fall for me or something?” she teased. Taemin choked on the air. “Are you OK!?” She yelled at him.

I hit his back hard.

“He’s fine. He has…asthma.” I lied.

“Oh.” She said.

“What have you been up to?” I changed the subject quickly.

“I’m on break now. And I know I’m not supposed to tell people from different companies stuff, but I’m going to be in a music video!” she squealed. “I won’t give away any details, but it’s going to be awesome.”

“What company?” I asked.

“Can’t say.” She said. The waitress put our drinks in front of us. “Here Taemin. Take a sip of your Coke.” She leaned over the table and handed his drink with a straw in it.

Oh dear…He’s going to crack his skull when he hits the floor after falling for Sang-Mi, the loving noona.

“What else can you tell us about your music video?”

“Well, it’s going to be released pretty soon.” She said. “And I’m going away for it.”

“Away?!” Taemin choked on his drink. He needs to stop that…

“It’s just for a week and it’s not too far away. It’s at a nearby beach. I’m going with a couple friends.”

“Who?” Taemin asked.

“Can’t say…”

She teased us with the little vague details the rest of the night and we talked about stuff. Really random stuff too…Like pencils and our childhoods.

After eating my udon and they ate their stuff, we got the check.

“I got it.” Taemin said pulling out his wallet.

“No.” Sang-Mi said sternly. “Put it on my tab.” She said waving the waitress away quickly.

“Wait…” Taemin said the waitress.

“We invited you. We should pay.” I said.

“No. I work here, so I get a discount. It’s fine really.” She said standing up. I guess she didn’t want to say that’s she’s older one, so she should pay.

“We’ll pay for dessert.” Taemin said. He kicked me under the table. I looked at him and his charming smile towards Sang-Mi.

WHAT? When did this dongsaeng get all this confidence to ask Sang-mi out for dessert.

“Oh…” I said in a fake sad voice. “Well, I have stuff to do for Jonghyun.” I lied. “But you two should go!” I encouraged.

“Are you…”

“Yes! Let’s go Sang-Mi. I know this place with great cookies!” Taemin said standing up quickly. She looked at me and smiled.

“Bye Key! Let’s go, Taemin! I love cookies!” Taemin picked up her purse for her and gave it to her. Then, they went skipping off to the bakery.

Well, not literally. They kinda walked quickly, laughing and talking about sweets.

If she wasn’t so mature and cool most of the time I’ve talked to her, I would have thought she was younger than me.

__________________________________

IRONY!!!!! She’s like 4 years younger than Key or something like that. Sorry about the late update :(