Buy Me a Dress.

"Noona?" "More like Oppa..."

Sang-Mi’s POV

After the exam ended, I pulled Eunnie aside.

“Who! WHO LIKES ME!?” I yelled at her. “I WANT TO KNOW NOW.”

She rolled her eyes.

“Well have you noticed yourself?! You catch eyes of everyone!”

“SPECIFICALLY.”

“You know this person.”

“I know a lot of guys.”

“I can’t tell you, Sang-mi. Then all the fun would disappear. “Narrow it down yourself, sweetheart.”

“Give me another hint.”

“He’s really cute.”

“I hate you.”

“He’s older than you.”

“Everyone is older than me.”

“He is not significantly older than you.”

“So it’s not Jae!” OK…One down. “Uhh…What is significantly older?”

“5 years and above.”

“Give me another hint.”

“He’s REALLY REALLY cute and famous.”

“OOHH! Famous! What company?”

“Not telling.”

“WHHHHYYYYYY NOOOOTTTTT…” I whined.

“Then everything will not fall into place and love will not blossom. It will just be love.”

“Isn’t that good?”

“Knowing you and your need for excitement and fun, no.”

“JUST TELL ME….”

“No.” Eunnie pulled away and stared at me. “Let’s go to the mall.”

“Why?”

“You ask why too much.”

Taemin’s POV

She hates me. The beautiful Sang-Mi hates me. She loves Taecyeon and they’ll get married while I die alone in a lonely hole.

Key takes me by the arms and shakes me.

“Snap out of it!”

“But she HATES ME!” I sobbed into his shoulder.  He lifted my face away his body.

“Just think about it. What if she was a fan? What if she was the biggest fan ever? What if she stalked you? What if she was a CRAZY PERSON?”

…Crazy…Beautiful…Insane…

“OHMYGOSH…She’d be scary!” I yelled to myself.

“Yes. So maybe it’s better that she sort of kinda doesn’t like you.”

“AAAAHHHHH” I cried. SHE DOESN’T LIKE ME!!!

“Look on the bright side, dongsaeng! This means she doesn’t know that much about you and you can prove to her that you’re awesome and deserve her love and beauty.”

“I don’t think she’ll appreciate me STALKING HER.” I look over at Sang-Mi and Eun-jo picking clothes in the women’s department. Key and I are hiding behind them, a few racks over.

“She won’t know.” Key said calmly. “Just don’t get caught.”

“What happens if she does?”

“Then lie your off.” Key said.

“Excuse me. Do you need any help?” We turned around and saw a girl with a headset and black pants in her arms.

“Oh, no. We’re fine…” Key said hiding his face with his scarf. I wore glasses and a moustache, so I was fine. I guess.

“Are you sure? You’re in Women’s Skirts…”

“We’re…We’re just looking for a present for…” Key looked at me. I stared back. “My girlfriend…It’s our… Anniversary?”

“Oh! Why didn’t you just say so!?” She said with joy. “What’s her size?!”

“Uhhh…” I said looking around. Sang-mi caught my eye and I stared at her. Key caught me and pulled my eyes back towards to the sales girl.

“She’s about the same size as that girl with the long black hair.” Key pointed at Sang-Mi.

“Oh great! I’ll just ask for her size and come right back!” She skipped towards Sang-Mi and started talking to her.

We turned away and continued flicking through the clothes. She came back with a bigger smile on her face.

“That girl’s name was Sang-mi and was glad to give her size to help you look for a present.”

“Oh good!” Key said.

“She’s a 55(4-6 in US). What would you like to give your girlfriend?”

“Something that says I…Love you?” I chipped in.

“Yeah. I want to say that, but not come on too strong.” Key said glaring at me.

“Right. What anniversary is it?”

“Week.” Key said. “We’re still in the early stage.”

“Oh…” the sales girl said. “Well, then…Have you slept with her?” I was taken back immediately.

“Yes. Yes I have.” Key said confidently. “We’ve known each other for a while and then we started dating.” I rolled my eyes at him.

“Oh. OK…” She said. “Well, I think the best present would be a shirt or dress…”

“Shirt.” I said.

“Dress. Let’s go with a dress.” Key said.

“Alright dress it is.” Dress? Why a dress!?

“What kind of style?”

“Something completely…Dramatic.” Key said. “I want something that makes people stare at her, but in a good way.”

“OK. Let’s take a look over here.” She led us to a section of the store filled with oversized dresses and frilly stuff. We could still see Sang-Mi who was laughing with her friend. “What color do you want your dress to be?”

“Dark colors. She’s not that tall, so short.” Key said. “I think dark purple is a nice color.”

“Just how short is she?”

“155CM(5’2”ish)?”

“Well, this dress looks good on short and tall people, but…” She held out a strapless dark purple dress with tiered ruffles that fanned out at the lower hips and small pearls embroidered on the top.

Wow… I’ve never been so descriptive about a dress before.

“Wow…It’s beautiful.” Key said. “It’s perfect. What do you think?”

“It’ll look great on her.” I said.

“Actually the girl with the same size as your girlfriend saw this dress and loved it too.” The sales girl pointed out. “She said no since it was so expensive…” She showed the EXTREME price tag.

“We’ll take it.” Key said. WHAT? That thing costs more than we eat in a month!

“Alright!” She grinned and rang us up.

“You’re actually buying it!?” I yelled at him.

“No. WE ARE.” He took out his credit card and my wallet. “I’ll take this.”

“How…When…What…” I stammered. “How are you going to give this to her!?”

“We have a date on Tuesday.” He boasted.

“WHAT!?” I screamed at him. Sang-Mi and Eun-jo looked at us and we ducked down.

“No worries. You’re coming too.”

“And when were you planning on telling me?”

“Today’s Friday right?” I nodded. “Tuesday…Night.”

“Thanks hyung. Nice to know you’re looking out for me.”

“I am! I just paid for half of your soon-to-be lover’s dress. Be thankful.” Oh yes. Be thankful of the guy who just made me stalk the girl of my life.

The sales girl gave us the dress in a bag and waved us goodbye. We followed Sang-Mi out the door and watched her go into the food court, picking up her phone…

My heart slowly broke.

Sang-Mi’s POV

“Hello?”

“Hey it’s Taec again.”

“Hello Taec! What’s with two calls in one day?”

“Just bored and lonely.”

“Awww… Poor idol boy.”

“Oh be quiet.”

“What do you want to eat?” Eunnie whispered pulling out her wallet for money.

“Burger.” I whispered back.

“Burger?”  Taec asked.

“No. I was talking to Eunnie… Anyways, what’s going on?”

“I think I should help you in preparing for Hyo-Sun.”

“Whyyyyyy…?” I asked.

“Found out I will be bored on Wednesday too. So, see you Wednesday and Tuesday!”  

“Bye! See you Wednesday and Tuesday!” And then he hung up. People are so weird.