practice (choeseul)

a drabble for every ship

Haseul turned the lights of in the small practice room and closed the doors before walking down the hallway. Today was supposed to be their day off but with their comeback soon, Haseul thought that it wouldn’t hurt to get some extra practice in. A yawned escaped her lips, stretching as she did so, it was definitely late and she didn’t need to check her phone to know.

 

Just as she was about to reach the elevator, the faint sound of someone singing had caught her attention. Haseul was confused, she was pretty sure that she was the only that decided to practice at the company. She turned around and slowly made her way to the source of the voice, eyes wide in surprise at the sight of Yerim in one of the practice rooms.

 

“What is she doing here,” Haseul muttered and before she could think, she reached out and gently tapped on the door, a faint smile on her lips when the girl jumped in surprise. “Unnie?” Yerim asked, head tilted in confusion, she thought that Haseul had left much earlier but she must’ve been so caught up in practicing that she didn’t hear anyone else.

 

“I didn’t know you came in.” Haseul stated and she set her guitar against the wall. Yerim’s lips curved into a small smile, “I finished school and came here immediately. I need the extra practice anyways.” Haseul nodded in understanding, that was the reason she came in to. But she didn’t think that Yerim needed it, the girl had already caught up to all the practice they’d done so far.

 

“Let’s go, i’ll make us dinner when we get back.”

 

Haseul grabbed her guitar and sent Yerim a gentle smile, she waited for the girl to grab her things but Yerim didn’t move and only looked away. Haseul quickly figured out that Yerim had decided to stay a little longer, but it was getting late and she wasn’t sure if it was safe.

 

“Yerim-ah, it’s late. You can practice tomorrow.” Haseul released a sigh, her gaze softening as she did so. “How about we come in early tomorrow, and we practice together.” Her voice was gentle and Haseul waited for Yerim to respond. It didn’t take long though and the girl nodded before packing up her things.

 

Yerim turned the lights off and followed Haseul, a faint smile on her lips. “Thank you, unnie.” She linked their arms together and Haseul laughed when Yerim started to skip lightly, conversations of what they should eat during the trip back to their dorm.