games (hyesoul)

a drabble for every ship

“That’ll be £40.” Jinsoul flashed the employee a small smile and handed over the cash that was in her hand. It didn’t take long for the man to process her order and soon enough Jinsoul was holding a copy of Resident Evil 2 in her hands.

 

She quickly made her way through the growing crowd of customers, struggling a little bit as she neared the exit. Jinsoul sighed in relief and she couldn’t help but shake her head as she watched more people rush into the store.

 

Must be a pretty popular game if people are rushing for it.

 

“Jinsoul unnie! Over here.”

 

The blonde turned around to greet the source of the voice, lips curving into a smile when she caught sight of her baby cousin waving at her. “Hyejoo-ah, why couldn’t we have come another day. I nearly died in there.” Hyejoo rolled her eyes at Jinsoul’s dramatic response, she wanted to mess with the girl but knowing that her cousin went out of her way to buy her the game, she thought against it.

 

“It would’ve been sold out if we did.” She replied and her smile grew when Jinsoul handed over the game she had been waiting months to play. “You’re the best cousin ever,” Hyejoo continued, her gaze never leaving the game in her hands, she was starting to get impatient and wanted to get home so that she could spend the rest of the weekend playing as much as she could.

 

“Just make sure your mum doesn’t see, I don’t want her coming after me for getting you that.” Flashbacks played over from when her aunt had scolded her for getting Hyejoo a particular game a few months back. Jinsoul would’ve listened and told Hyejoo that she wouldn’t buy her another game, but her cousin used her puppy eyes on her and she didn’t have the heart to say no.

 

“Let’s go, you can play at my place for now.” Jinsoul waved her hand in front of Hyejoo to get her attention, and when she did she started to walk in the direction of the parking area. “Jiwoo’s not home either so you should hurry before she gets back.” Jinsoul continued, a laugh escaping her lips when Hyejoo rushed over to follow her.

 

“Let’s go!” Jinsoul could hear the excitement in Hyejoo’s voice and let out another laugh. Her cousin sent her a glare but Jinsoul only giggled at the sight. Hyejoo eventually joined in with her and soon enough the both of them fell into a conversation full of laughter and memories.