promise (2jin)

a drabble for every ship

A yawn escaped Heejin’s lips, stretching her body as she did so to get rid of the ache in her back from work. She slipped into their bed, wrapping her arms around Hyunjin’s waist without a second thought, body relaxing when Hyunjin pressed a kiss to her forehead. 

 

“I missed you.” Heejin’s voice was soft, titling her head so that she could gaze at her girlfriend, lips curving into a smile when Hyunjin sent one her way. “You were only at work,” Hyunjin smile hadn’t gone away, now that Heejin pressed herself further against her and rested her head in the crook of her neck.

 

Heejin didn’t reply, choosing to enjoy the feeling of Hyunjin arms around her. They were supposed to spend their day together, but unfortunately she had been called into work because someone else had called in sick. “Still, I missed you.” Hyunjin grinned, she still couldn’t used to how adorable her girlfriend could be.  

 

She pressed another kiss to Heejin’s forehead, lingering for a moment before her soft voice broke the silence, “I missed you too.” 

 

The both of them continued to stay in the same position, since neither of them wanted to be separated from the other. Hyunjin removed the arm that was wrapped round Heejin’s waist and started to run her fingers through her girlfriend’s hair, a smile on her face at the thought of how nice this felt, to have in Heejin in her arms. 

 

It didn’t take long and Heejin felt her eyelids growing heavier, the tiredness and the feeling of Hyunjin playing with her hair was making her want to sleep. She could feel Hyunjin’s lips against her forehead, smiling when she heard the girl whispers, “I’ll protect you.” 

 

Heejin’s heart raced after hearing those three words and her lips curved into a smile, “From what?” she mumbled tiredly, her hold on Hyunjin tightening. The girl didn’t reply, only continuing to play with her hair, “I don’t know, anything.” Hyunjin’s tone was soft and full of love, which only made Heejin’s smile grow wider. 

 

She chuckled quietly, tilting her head again so that she could get a good look at her girlfriend and just like she did overnight, Heejin leaned forward and pressed a gentle kiss to the girl’s cheek. Soon enough she was back to resting her head against Hyunjin’s neck. “I love you,” her voice drifted off slowly, the tiredness finally taking over and then she was falling asleep. 

 

Hyunjin blushed after hearing those words, which still never failed to make her heart race no matter how many times she’s heard it. “I love you too,” she whispered before resting her head against the pillow and closing her eyes.