dating (heelivia)

a drabble for every ship

Heejin’s eyes wandered around the restaurant they were eating at, there weren’t that many people at this time of night and the few that were here, were mainly couples. She eventually zoned out from story that Hyejoo was talking about, she assumed it was about some stupid customer that she encountered like always. 

 

She watched as one couple stood up from where they were sat and payed their bill before walking outside, the woman’s arm linking with the mans. Heejin froze at the familiarity, she’d always link her arms with Hyejoo whenever they left a restaurant after a night out. 

 

Her gaze never left them and she could feel her cheeks heating up when the woman kissed the man on the cheek before stepping onto the bus that had just arrived. Maybe she did that too and for a a moment Heejin tried to convince herself that it was simply platonic and that it was a thing she did with her friends. 

 

Except, now she rarely did those acts of skinship with her friends and mainly did them with Hyejoo. Now Heejin was starting to blush at the realisation that maybe Hyunjin was right, maybe Hyejoo and her were actually dating without even realising.

 

She hadn’t noticed that she zoned out until she saw a hand waving in front of her and taking her out of her daze, “Unnie, are you ok? You were zoning out.” Heejin noticed the concern on Hyejoo’s face and once again she blushed. “I-I’m fine.” Heejin stuttered, her cheeks darkening after hearing herself stumble over her words. 

 

“Are you sure?” Hyejoo asked, she reached out with her hand and pressed her palm against Heejin’s forehead, and with the other checked her own temperature too. There weren’t any issues and now she was confused to why the girl was red and acting all nervous. 

 

Heejin kept quiet, but she already figured that would’t work because she blurted out the question she wanted to ask without thinking. “Are we dating?” Heejin tensed up when Hyejoo only looked at her without saying a word. Now she’s wondering if she messed up because the girl wasn’t saying anything. 

 

Hyejoo’s talk with Sooyoung a few days back popped up in her head and now she was also a blushing, it doesn’t help that Heejin’s gaze hadn’t left her, which only made her look away. “I was going to ask you after we left.” 

 

Heejin froze up once again and only turned into another blushing mess, she didn’t know what to say and she was worried that it would just be awkward silence between them, but Hyejoo continued whatever she was supposed to say. 

 

“Haseul unnie made me realise that we were practically dating two weeks ago, and i’ve been trying to find the courage to ask you out.” 

 

Heejin cheeks managed to darken even more and she only managed to mutter out a ramble of words before deciding to shut up and keep quiet,“Ask me.” Hyejoo looked up at that and found Heejin blushing as well, but what she noticed was the loving smile that she sent her way. 

 

This gave her the push that she needed and Hyejoo cleared and straightened her back before asking. “Jeon Heejin, would you be my girlfriend?” The girl in question, giggled before sending her widest smile. 

 

“Yes I will.” 

 

Hyejoo let out a breath that she didn’t know she was holding, and reached out so that she could grab Heejin’s with her own. “At least everyone will stop bothering us now,” Heejin giggled when Hyejoo blushed and all she wanted to do was cuddle with the girl when they went home. 

 

“Should we go?” Hyejoo asked and Heejin nodded immediately at that, which made the girl laugh at her actions. “I’ll go and pay, i’ll meet you outside.” Heejin asked and before Hyejoo could argue, the older girl pressed a kiss to her cheek and ran off. Hyejoo’s smile grew and she gathered their things and headed to the exit.