Chapter 11

Dream Being In Full Bloom

 

You felt him stirring beside you as he tried to get out of bed without waking you up. You felt quite relaxed and didn’t want to open your eyes.

You could hear him walk around in the room getting dressed before he then scribbled something down on a note. There were a few steps again before you felt his soft lips on your forehead, which automatically made you smile.

More steps were heard before the door got opened and closed again and the room fell silent. You slowly went back to sleep.

-oOOoOOo-

You woke up two hours later again this time deciding to get out of bed. Walking straight from the bed and into the bathroom to take a shower.

After the shower you got some clothes on before you read the note Wei Chen had left you.

 

 

‘Had to leave early because of work. Are you free tonight?

There’s a party and I would love if you could come…

If you want to come, meet me at this address at 5pm.

                                                                                       Wei Chen’

 

The address was noted down on a different piece of paper.

A party? It sounded interesting and you didn’t have anything else to do so you decided to go.

As there still where some hours till 5pm you decided to go see some more of Beijing. You went to Xicheng district to visit Beihai Park, which easily killed the hours, as it were huge and with a lot to see.

-oOOoOOo-

A little before 5pm you arrived at the address Wei Chen had left you. It was a clothes store with elegant dresses. It looked quite expensive.

You slowly opened the door not knowing what to expect. Just as you closed the door again a young woman came over to you and smiled.

“Hello and welcome, please come this way.” You followed her over to the changing room. “Please change into the gown prepared for you.”

“O-kay…” You hesitated but decided to try it on.

After you got the dress on you slowly removed the curtain to the side to reveal yourself while looking down at yourself.

“Is it okay?” You asked before you looked up, thinking the woman who had escorted you to the changing room would be there but instead Wei Chen stood there in a black suit.

“You look beautiful!” He said with a smile.

“Really? I don’t really wear dresses that much so I don’t really have experience with this…”

The dress was in a light material and very comfortable. It was in a greyish/purple colour. It was a halter neck dress with a purple waistband in a more shiny material.

“Trust me, you look great! Now, shall we go?” You smiled.

“Sure, but were exactly are we going to have to dress up like this?”

“I’ll tell you on the way.” He said before he took a box, which had been lying on a little table. “I have something for you.”

You looked curiously as he opened the box and showed you the content. You gasped. It was a silver earring and necklace set. The necklace was simple with a pendant formed as a heart in a see through stone. The earrings were big hoops with a smaller heart of the same kind as on the necklace.

“Wow.” You said, as you looked closer at the jewellery before looking up at Wei Chen. “But why?” He chuckled.

“Wasn’t it your birthday yesterday?” You nodded. “Well, this is my birthday gift for you.” You looked surprised at him. He just smiled as he helped put on the necklace and handed the earrings to you so you could get them on.

“Thanks… I really like them.” You touched the pendant, now hinging around your neck, and smiled.

“Now let’s go, or else we’ll be late.”

“Wait, what about the dress?”

“It’s okay, it’s my friend who owns the store and he gave permission to borrow the dress for the event.” You then nodded and followed Wei Chen out to the car, which was waiting outside the store.

-oOOoOOo-

“So, it’s the company you’re under that’s having an anniversary celebration?” You asked again just to confirm. He nodded. “Are you sure it’s okay that I’m coming too?”

“Yes I’m sure.” You then tried to relax. The car stopped in front of a big building. Outside there was a little crowd looking at the people coming to the building.

The driver opened the door and Wei Chen got out first and then turned around and helped you out. You smiled to him and the two of you got inside the building ignoring some of the cameramen shouting out to wait so they could get a good picture.

You sighed. All this attention were something you wasn't used to and you usually were a quiet person who liked quiet places and you had a hard time believing how Wei Chen could be able to look and be so calm about it all.

“Wei Chen!” A woman came over to the two of you.

“___ this is my manager June, June this is ___.”

“Hello.” You returned her smile.

“Oh, so you’re the one from the picture!” You looked confused at her before you realized.

“Oh, you mean the news article?”

“That too.” Once again you got confused and wanted to ask her what she meant when somebody called her. Instead you turned to Wei Chen.

“What did she mean by that?” He smiled mischievously. A moment passed before you found out what he meant. “I thought you had deleted that photo!”

“Nope, I liked it.”

“But it’s ugly and embarrassing and you showed it to your manager!” You exclaimed.

“I think it’s cute.” You blushed and looked down at the floor not knowing what to say. Well, there wasn’t really time since people started coming over to you.

-----------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry for the long wait >.< Finally got a chapter updated... My laptop is behaving like a b*tch... TT-TT