Introduction (part 2)

Light and Dark (JenLisa)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Lisa removed her earpiece as well. She was lying on her bed, staring at the ceiling for a while before she remembered about contacting her doctor about her condition.

 

She took her phone back, which was still quite warm from the long continued call and dialed a number. She put her earpiece back on.

 

The ring lasted for a few times before it was finally picked up. 

 

"Hello?" A sweet sleepy voice answered the call. 

 

"Good morning, chipmunk~" Lisa playfully said.

 

"Lalice?... what are you calling me for, it's still too early.. call me again in two hours, okay?" Chaeyoung said as she wanted to just drop the call and get back to sleep.

 

"Wait no! first of all, it's already seven o'clock there, it's about time for you to wake up. And second, I really am calling for something important." Lisa hurriedly said. 

 

"Something wrong?" Chaeng asked.

 

"Yes.. It happened again last night. It's been happening a lot lately and now, even five pills of pncx0397 are barely enough to contain my physical reactions." Lisa seriously said.

 

Chaeng finally lost her sleepiness, her mind now completely wide awake. She got up as she massaged her head for a bit and answered,

 

"Tell me exactly what happened."

 

"Yesterday I received a 'snatch-and-ask' assignment, so I went ahead and did just that. After I got home and finished my report, it just happened again.."

 

"You mean 'kidnap-and-interrogate'?" Chaeng asked with a bland tone.

 

"That's a mouthful so let's stick to snatch-and-ask.."

 

"Well then, I'm guessing the 'ask' part involved a little 'playtime' for you?"

 

"Yes.." Lisa quietly answered. "But I went easy this time! It was only light torture, and it only took a few hours to break the guy, soo.."

 

"But it still fueled your bloodlust. Then again, you've done worse before. But this time it only took one person to trigger an attack which usually required at least a few dead people, to a full-on massacre. Is there anything else that happened before that?"

 

"Well, I had another mission two nights ago but it was still just one guy. I didn't even touch him, I killed him in a flash with my mini-gun."

 

"hmmm.." 

 

There was a moment of silence before Chaeyoung said,

 

"I've recently developed a new version of the drug, it's got a higher and more concentrated dose. That might be able to suppress your problem better."

 

"This isn't normally meant for human consumption, but let's face it, you aren't normal. However, we still can't afford to be careless and these unpredictable attacks are making me uncomfortable. Where are you at right now? I'll head there immediately, I think this requires my personal observation." She continued.

 

"I'm currently in Seoul, I'm off duty so you can come anytime." Lisa replied.

 

"Got it.. wait, what the hell are you doing in Seoul? I thought you're still wanted there?" Chaeyoung asked a bit perplexed.

 

"Nope, not anymore. Long story short, they managed to divert that thingy away from my and onto someone else's ." Lisa answered.

 

"Alright then, I'll have my people prep a jet for a flight to Korea. Don't accept any kill missions for a while, at least not before I get there."

 

"Yes, ma'am!" Lisa jokingly said in a stern tone. 

 

"Thank you Rosie.." She continued in soft and sincere tone.

 

"It's my job.. everybody's got their own crosses to bear, and mine just happens to be a little homicidal idiot.." Chaeyoung, also called as Roseanne, replied.

 

"You love me~" Lisa said as she chuckled.

 

".mhmm, and I can't wait for you to get married and be someone else's problem" Chaeng retorted. 

 

Lisa rolled her eyes and said,

 

"You do realize that even if I did get married, you'd still be my doctor, right? Nothing will change and you can't get rid of me that easily." 

 

"I'll at least get to talk to your partner instead of having to deal with your annoying and stubborn dumb- all the time. That's the difference."

 

"What the hell."

 

"Anyway, I gotta go and get packing. I'll text you my landing time, come pick me up then." Chaeng said as she got up and headed towards the bathroom.

 

"Alright, take care~ my baby rosie ~.." Lisa said along with kissing noises.

 

"Ugh." Chaeng replied before hanging up.

 

Lisa chuckled as she took her earpiece off then plugged her phone to the charger and went to the bathroom to freshen up as well.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennie headed towards their dining room for breakfast after getting herself ready. She was wearing a light sky blue shirt and a dark grey skirt with a 2 inch heels shoes. 

 

When she reached the dining room, her parents were already around. The husband and wife were chatting creating a harmonious scene.

 

She walked up to them happily and gave them both a peck on their cheeks.

 

"Good morning mama, good morning papa." She said. She then proceeded to take her seat and start eating slowly.

 

The couple greeted their lovely daughter back, 

 

"Good morning sweetheart.."

 

"How was your meeting with Miss Manoban?" Her father asked.

 

Thinking about Lisa brightened Jennie's mood, she flashed her gummy smile as she paused eating and excitedly said.

 

"It was great! She's a really nice person, we got along pretty well and I really like her!" 

 

"I'm glad. I'm happy for you, princess. I felt a little guilty when I asked you to befriend her for this deal but now that you're getting along quite nicely, looks like it was for the best." He smiled.

 

"It's okay, Papa. If you hadn't asked me to, I wouldn't have met her. So, I'm quite thankful." She replied, the gummy smile never leaving her face.

 

"Alright. Eat your breakfast now, you don't want to be late. Oh, are you meeting her today?"

 

"Probably not, she said she had something to do today. But we agreed to hang out during the weekend, so it's fine." She replied. 

 

"I see." 

 

They continued their breakfast and chatted every once in a while.

 

After their meal, Jennie headed out and went straight to her car. Her car for today was a white Audi TT. 

 

She got inside her car and started it. She then took off her heels as she took her extra pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter