The Meet

Light and Dark (JenLisa)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That should be her. Thought Lisa as she observed a petite brunette as the latter keeps turning her head and checking her phone. 

 

Lisa is currently at an inconspicuous corner in the arrivals lounge as she observed a few people occasionally eyeing the brunette. Some gazes held curiosity, some admiration, and there were even infatuated glances. 

 

What caught her eye however were the four men in a tactical formation surrounding the brunette in all major directions, occasionally glancing at her or at each other. 

 

It would've been difficult to spot them if one weren't experienced and observant enough, but she excels in both, so it was rather easy recognizing their unusual behaviors. 

 

Judging by the formation that leads ease of access to the target if ever something unfortunate happens and the lack of murderous intent, those must be her guards. She thought.

 

Before Lisa walked into the lounge, she tucked her blonde hair in with a fedora hat, removed her beanie and flannel shirt leaving only her grey Tees, black pants and combat boots. 

 

Fun fact about the human mind, the brain tend to only recognize what is glaringly obvious and mentally delete other unimportant details. 

 

So in order to disappear and blend in, one must first stand out and attract attention. 

 

Attracting attention makes the brains of the people around you register your physical profile, so once you remove the attributes that made you stand out and you start looking just like anybody else, the brains of the people around you immediately and unconsciously registers you as another person entirely. 

 

However, this trick only works on strangers. If you do this with a person that knows you very well, then chances of failure by still being recognized is highly likely.

 

The brunette must've already been made aware of her image and basic info just as she was to Jennie. Therefore she would recognize my blonde hair first. Thought Lisa.

 

Lisa only told Jennie of her beanie hat and flannel for that very reason. She wanted the latter to recognize her as "the blonde in a beanie hat and flannel". So when she walked in with grey tees and a fedora, Jennie's brain mentally eliminated her as her "target" and registered her as "everyone else "

 

When she was done observing, Lisa immediately headed towards a blind spot and changed her attire once again. She put her flannel and beanie back on as she acted out as "someone looking for someone" as well. A show she had to put on for the guards to not suspect her. 

 

She slowly made her way towards Jennie, putting on a "finally-found-you" face for the guards. 

 

All of her actions sounded exhausting to breakdown but for someone who had her training, it came as easily as breathing to Lisa. In fact, she would feel rather uncomfortable if she weren't taking all those precautions. 

 

Lisa typed in an "oh? Then, found yah." On her phone first before coming behind Jennie and finally greeting her.

 

"Hello, I'm Lisa." She smilingly said as she came up behind her.

 

Jennie turned around and finally found the figure she was looking for. She was quite startled though, the other girl just came up behind her and she didn't even hear footsteps or her usually sharp senses didn't even warn her. 

 

Being the heiress of the Kim International Corp. Jennie had undergone basic training for her protection as well. She was taught to be alert of her surroundings and anyone around her as she is usually a primary target for the people that aims to bring the downfall of her father.

 

She can even sense that there are guards constantly following her. Although she doesn't know which person in the crowd is one of them, she at least knows they are always around. 

 

Unlike any other spoiled brats, she actually appreciates their presence because she feels safe when they are around. It's like she can feel her father's protection through them. So although she found it uncomfortable at first, realizing that they mean no harm and they are only there for her own good, she just chose to let it be and ignore them.

 

So she was quite surprised that someone can come up from behind her and for her not to notice it, at all.

 

Although Jennie had training and her senses are sharper than average. She is still not as capable as an assassin trained to constantly and completely hide their presence in order to ensure efficient mission accomplishment. Something that Lisa is very adept at.

 

Jennie was still spacing out and Lisa saw confusion in her eyes so she snapped her fingers in front of the former's face, forcing the Jennie out of her stupor. 

 

"Jennie, right? You okay? ~snap snap~ " Lisa said, snapping her fingers.

 

"Oh? Uhh, yes.. I'm sorry, that was rude of me." Jennie blushed as realized that she thought about the situation way too much she ended up staring at Lisa's face for too long.

 

"It's alright." Lisa chuckled. 

 

"I- I'm sorry. uh-uhm, L- Let's go?" Jennie couldn't think straight anymore, Lisa's chuckle made her so embarrassed she wanted to find a hole and hide in it. 

 

Jennie felt a little pressured right now because her father depended on her to make friends with Lisa but she found herself in an awkward situation during their first meeting.

 

"Sure, let's go grab something to eat first. I'm starving." Lisa quickly thought of a way to save her from the embarrassing situation.

 

Lisa thought of saying it's really okay,  but judging from the girl's previous reaction, it might only push her to more embarrassment so Lisa just decided to ignore the matter completely and change sub

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter