The Princess

Light and Dark (JenLisa)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Arf, arf, arf" ... a little brown fluffy dog barked towards his sleeping owner as it found itself unable to get off the queen sized bed.

 

"hmmm".. the lady lying on the bed hummed as she furrowed her brows, puffed her cheeks and slowly opened her sleepy eyes.

 

"Kuma, shhh" the lady said as she put a finger over her lips, telling her pup-sized dog to be quiet as she rolled around and tried to get back to sleep.

 

"Arf, arf, arf" the pup insisted as it nudged the lady's face with it's nose in order to wake her up. 

 

"..fine" the lady said as she groaned and carried the cute pup off her bed. The pup then dashed out of the room through its doggy door and did his morning business.

 

The lady rolled a few more times, finding the best position to comfortably sleep back in peace, but the comfort was cut short when her alarm annoyingly went off.

 

"..geez" the lady groaned again and pouted as she slowly woke herself up and got up. 

 

She headed towards the bathroom and cleaned up and prepped herself for a new day.

 

After that she dressed up, making herself presentable, dressed in a white semi off shoulder top and black skin tight pants with a 2in heel shoes. She applied light make up and wore her favourite perfume, a fragrance unavailable to anyone else in the world, one exclusive for her own use.

 

She finished checking herself out with a flying kiss and a wink to her reflection in the mirror as she grabbed her designer bag, and headed straight towards the door.

 

A middle-aged man along with a beautiful woman on his left were sitting on a 24 seat long table in the dining room. The woman was calmly telling the man of her charity activities and the man hummed along his wife's stories as he reads a few business reports on his tablet.

 

The man was sipping his tea when he heard footsteps approaching. He looked over his left and saw his beautiful princess walking towards him and his wife. 

 

"Good morning sweetheart" the man smilingly greeted. 

 

"Good morning, Papa and Mama" the girl replied with her gummy smile.

 

"Good morning, sweety" the woman smiled as well and gently turned to see their daughter.

 

The young lady then took her seat at her father's right hand side of the table and ate and chatted along with them.

 

This picturesque scene of a family was the usual occurrence in this huge billion dollar mansion of the world's richest man and his family. The man was the embodiment of a stern but loving father; the woman, a graceful, demure, virtuous wife and mother; and the princess, the core of happiness in this family.

 

"I have to go now. I'll see you later Ma and Pa." The young lady said as she got up and kissed both her parents before heading off. 

 

"Take care, sweety" her mother replied. 

 

"Oh, and Jennie" the man called before the young lady could leave the dining room. 

 

"Yes, pa?" The lady turned around ad replied.

 

"A representative from a potential business partner will be arriving at the airport tomorrow. I'd like you to welcome her." He said

 

"Sure, is it the on our private airport or the public one?" 

 

"Public, I heard that the representative is his daughter which he mentioned as someone adventurous so I'd like you to tour her around, build a good relationship for both parties so we can smoothly close this deal."

 

"Oh, okay. Anything else?"

 

"Yes, I would really advice you to get closer to the daughter. They are no ordinary businessmen and having strong connections for our company is always a good thing." He said in complete seriousness. 

 

Then his expressions softened as he said "But even without ulterior motives, if you find her to your liking then just think of it as having a new friend."

 

"Yes, Papa. Wow, this deal must really mean a lot for us then. I've rarely seen you this serious about a deal since you dominated the word " she replied with a chuckle.

 

You have no idea, princess. Connection with the Manobans means you have a connection with a prehistoric monster. One that must only be a friend, never a foe. Long line of history proves that in this world, they are either the most dangerous enemy o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter