Slowly Unfolding

Light and Dark (JenLisa)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*warning* 

 

Chapter contains slightly gory content

 

~Goodluck~

 

 

 

 

"Speak." A cold voice uttered inside a dimly lit room. There was only one light source and it was focused on one spot.

 

Within the room was a man, his entire body was riddled with injuries. His clothes could only be described as rugs and his face was nearly unrecognizable because of the cuts and bruises all over it. 

 

The man was seated- no, tied up into a a metal chair and he was noticeably missing a finger. 

 

On the man's thighs were stabbed two poles, both sticking out and each attached to positive and negative clamps which are connected to a power source. A flip of a switch could put the man in an unspeakable agony.

 

"K..kill ... m..ee" the man slowly uttered.

 

"I will." The cold voice responded calmly. 

 

"After you tell me everything." It continued.

 

A slender figure clothed in all black walked in front of the man and showed him a small transparent medicine bottle. Inside it were 5 tiny white pills. 

 

"Do you know what these are?" The shadow said with the same cold voice. 

 

The man slowly forced his head up to look at the bottle. There was no reaction coming from him.

 

"They call it pncx0397" the shadow continued.

 

The man finally showed a reaction as his breathing quickened and heartbeat rose. His jaws slightly quivering.

 

"It may not grow that finger back on, but a single pill can easily heal all of your other injuries. You'd be good as new by morning." The shadow said with a rather playful tone.

 

The man's breath was laboured but a determined glint flashed through his eyes. 

 

"It means, we could play again the whole day tomorrow. In fact, we could play this game at least five times."

 

As if a cold water was splashed over the man's head, his excitement was quickly squashed and terror finally filled his eyes. 

 

He would be healed back to almost perfection but that would also mean that his captor could torture him all over again. 

 

His pain receptors were almost dulled because of all the agony inflicted upon him and he was constantly injected with adrenaline in order to keep him from passing out. Which meant for the passed few hours, he had been enduring the excruciating pain with complete consciousness. 

 

If he was healed again, only to be put in the same process over and over for at least five times.... 

 

..dread filled his eyes as he refused to think further of what would happen then.

 

"I'll talk!" The man nearly screamed, using every bit of his remaining energy just for those two words.

 

The shadow smirked under her mask.

 

"Go on then." Said the shadow as she stepped back and blended into the darkness once again.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lisa found her way back to the valym tower after a long and rather enjoyable day. One way or another. She thought. 

 

She took a shower first, and went into the walk-in closet afterwards. She dressed herself with an oversized shirt and short shorts before heading to a certain corner of the closet. She then pulled a few levers in a pattern from a clothes' hooks attached to the wall.

 

A click was heard and part of the wall pulled it self back until it opened like a door. Lisa walked in.

 

Inside the secret room were an arsenal, a glass cabinet stored with meds and other emergency kit, there was even a surgical bed and surgical tools. There was another cabinet but it was filled with a rather different kind of "meds". There were all kinds of tools and other mission necessities in this room.

 

Apart from those in another side of the room was a glass computer table that came with hologram features. 

 

Lisa walked in front of that computer table as she pressed her palm on the surface and uttered,

 

"Lalisa Pranpriya Manoban"

 

The computer scanned her hand print and a voice said

 

"Log in, Confirmed. Welcome Miss Lisa."

 

"Contact, The Master"

 

"Contacting.... Call connected"

 

"Shadow reporting in." Lisa said as she stood in attention at the hologram screen projecting a familiar figure of a stern middle-aged man.

 

"Mission Report" said the figure.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennie got home a little earlier. She headed straight towards her bathroom and took a shower.

 

She got dressed afterwards then dried her hair for a few minutes..

 

She thought about her long day with lisa as she crashed her body on her bed. She blinked for a few minutes staring at the ceiling.

 

She took a couple deep breaths before relaxing her entire body. She then felt tiredness creep slowly onto her body as she soon fell asleep afterwards.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Help." Jennie heard a tiny voice whisper... but then soon realized, it was her own.

 

She was holding both her knees with her arms, shivering. Her clothes her ragged and she could feel tears trickle down her face from her eyes. She tried to wipe it and felt dirt and mud all over her face as well.

 

She was absolutely terrified.

 

Jennie found herself in a dark crampped room. It felt like a closet. 

 

She then heard heavy footsteps slowly coming toward her. And each step was making her pulse rise along with her fear. She tightened her held on her knees as she was muffling her sobs, bitting her lip, hoping the bad man wouldn't find her hiding place as her tiny body continued to tremble even harder.

 

But all hopes were dashed when the man stood in front of the closet and pulled the doors wide open.

 

"AAH!!" Jennie screamed as her body sprung forward on her bed.

 

She woke up. It was a nightmare. 

 

Jennie covered her face with both hands as she felt her entire body covered in cold sweat.

 

It was a dream that haunted her for the past two years. According to her father, she was once kidnapped and it traumatized her to the point that when she was found and rescued, she didn't speak to anyone for an entire three months, didn't eat and only stared blankly forward which lead to the deterioration of her health.

 

Due of the severity of the situation, her father sought out the world's best doctors in order to help Jennie deal with her problem.

 

The doctors then decided to "seal" six month's worth of Jennie's memories, in order to allow her to live a normal life once again. However this stop-gap measure isn't permanent, it only served as a postponement. Sooner or later, her memories would all start coming back. The purpose of this treatment was to let Jennie grow up and her mind be mature enough to deal with those terrible memories. Hoping that one day, she would be strong enough to handle them and deal with it.

 

Conspiracy theories that says the rich takes all while the poor takes the rest is very true in this world. "Modern medicine" introduced to the public is laughable compared to the exclusive access the rich could easily acquire.

 

While the public believes that diseases like cancer, STDs, and other "uncurable illness" still have no cure, the rich and privileged few knows that there already are cures for these medical problems along with several others; Jennie's treatment is one of them.

 

There are two reasons why this reality is being withheld:

 

First. The treatment would make even a billionaire feel poor, therefore public knowledge would only be deemed inconsequential, "better to believe there is no cure rather than know there is, but it's forever unattainable."

 

Second. With the current population growth, some deaths are necessary to keep the population under control.

 

So, for the "betterment of humanity" they have decided to keep the truth hidden.

 

These are one of the few top secret informations only the few very rich and powerful are aware of.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennie took another deep breath as she recounted what happened during the day, in an attempt to distract herself. 

 

Not much happened during school time but a lot of interesting points happened during her first meeting with Lisa.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter