Thoughts

Light and Dark (JenLisa)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'll deliver the memory drive to you myself after the decryption is done. The information here is far too important to be entrusted with the hands of others." Said Taehyung with a grim expression.

 

"Hm. Dismissed."

 

Taehyung sighed as he grabbed a bag and put his and clothes in it. He also got a black sweater and put it on himself.

 

"How is she."

 

"Stronger, and sharper. She detected me the second I laid eyes on her. Then she proceeded to attempt to beat my up afterwards." Taehyung said, smiling.

 

"Hmm. Anything different?" The elderly man continued to ask.

 

"Well, she seemed a little too cheery for someone who hates the very thought of school, and was then tasked to go back to it." The younger one replied with a smirk. He then sat down as he put on his shoes.

 

The older one let out a chuckle.

 

"You might just be receiving more reports about her situation now though. From what happened earlier, it's just began. And they'd be making their move as well." The younger one continued as his tone turned solemn again.

 

"Let's let things naturally unfold. As for the other matter..." The holographic figure stopped as glint passed through his eyes. 

 

Taehyung noticed the sudden pause, he looked up to his father as they shared a communicative glance.

 

"Got it." 

 

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    

 

 

JENNIE POV

 

I slowly opened my eyes to a splitting headache the next morning. I gently rolled on my bed, massaging my head with my hands. Thinking about what happened last night, got me very confused. All the thoughts, all the emotions that I felt as those passed through my head, and the sudden unusual state I was in, baffled me. Then there was that dream. 

 

An image of Lisa flashed in my head and surprisingly unsurprising, I felt the sensation of pain in my head reduced a considerable degree. What's really going on.. I thought as I shook my head and sighed. Thinking about it now would only add more pain to my already aching head, so I decided to ignore it. I'll meet her again later anyway.

 

A sound of a knock on my door made me turn towards it, and a familiar gentle voice sounded from the other side.

 

"Sweetie? Are you awake, yet?"

 

"Yes mama, come in." I smiled.

 

The door opened and my mom came in. She closed the doors back and walked towards me. She sat on my bed as she asked,

 

"How are you feeling?" 

 

"I'm good" 

 

She looked at me for a while, before smiling and said

 

"You always were a terrible liar. Now, come on sweetie, spill."

 

"It's just a headache, ma." I shook my head in surrender.

 

"I see. No more of your.... bad dreams?" she asked as she stood up and headed towards the small cabinet where my medicine kit was kept.

 

"Occasionally.." I confessed. "but it's not as scary anymore."

 

"Mmm... here, drink." She instructed, as she handed me a pain reliever. She then poured me a glass of water.

 

"I'll have the maids deliver your breakfast here, so you can immediately have it after shower." She continued. She sat back down, and was silent for a while before quietly uttering,

 

"I'm sorry, baby."

 

"It's not your fault, ma.." I comforted her, she was feeling guilty again.

 

"And you don't have to worry about me anymore, I'm a big girl now." I smiled as I held her hand.

 

"You will always be my little girl." She smiled as she cupped my face with her free hand. "Now, tell me about the girl who brought you home last night." She suddenly asked, diverting the topic to get away from the sad atmosphere.

 

"That was her, Lalisa Manoban. The girl we talked about a few days ago, the one Papa asked me to befriend." I smiled widely.

 

"Oh? So, judging by the late-night rides, you two are close now?" I saw her smiling strangely when she asked.

 

"Yeah?" I replied hesitantly. We did only just know each other for two days, but thinking back on the conversations we shared yesterday with the whole group, I guess so.

 

"And, I'm sorry about coming home late. We got too absorbed in our conversation, we forgot the time." I continued, sheepishly.

 

She raised a brow at what I said, along with some sort of teasing smile. My brain somehow processed that and I couldn't help but blurt out in panic,

 

"There were four of us!" realizing my obvious panic, I tried to compose myself as I immediately followed, 

 

"Jisoo, and Rosie and her and me... we hung out in her penthouse.. also, Rosie was with us last night, in the car.. maybe you just didn't see her.."

 

I had my head slightly down, looking at my mama's hands instead of her teasing eyes. I had no idea why I was suddenly panicking, what is this? Why am I reacting like this? .... I suddenly heard a chuckle as I felt her hand rubbing my head.

 

"Alright, get yourself ready for school now. Don't forget to drink the medicine okay?" She suddenly said, letting go of the previous topic to my relief.

 

"Yep!" I looked back at her with a wide smile.

 

"I'll be heading down now then." Mama laughed a bit before standing up and exiting my bedroom. My bedroom is actually inside another room, which has my own personal living room, so after exiting my bedroom, she was still technically in my room. 

 

I drank the med and stood up, making sure she was out before releasing a breath, I didn't know I was holding. I headed towards my bathroom to freshen up.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter