Movement

Light and Dark (JenLisa)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thud-

 

Rosie fell on her knees when she felt the pressure from Lisa disappear. Her legs were still shaking and she was covered in cold sweat. She had no strength left in her body, whatsoever. 

 

The first thing she tried to do was to let the tears fall freely on her cheeks. She had experienced being around Lisa when the latter was in that state or sometimes worse, but she could never get used to it. She let herself go for a few minutes, releasing the tension built in her body during that precarious situation.

 

Rosie then tried to control her breathing, calming herself down as she wiped the tears off her face with her hands. She sniffed as she held down her sobs, it was time to care for her best friend. She slowly turned around and found the blonde unconscious.

 

Oh no.

 

She thought as she rushed towards the blonde, stumbling in the process because her legs were still weak.

 

"Lalice!?" Rosie forced herself to get beside the lying girl. 

 

She immediately took the younger girl's pulse. Realizing that there were no anomalies, that the girl was completely fine and just asleep, Rosie released the breath she didn't know she was holding.

 

Lisa would usually suffer through a physical and emotional trauma after every attack. Due to the immense amount of energy exerted during her frenzied state, her body, though tough wouldn't be able to handle it. 

 

The exertion would exhaust the blonde so much to the point that from being one of the most powerful assassins to ever exist, she would be reduced to a state where she wouldn't even have the strength to truss a chicken. 

 

As for the mental trauma, her guilt at what she had done after every burst of sudden madness, would consume her equally so. Although Lisa was born into a world filled with bloodshed, her heart was always pure. She has never targeted anyone innocent. When they were younger, before she had undergone intense training under family rules, the girl could barely kill a mosquito, and even mourned at a butterfly's short lifespan. 

 

It was only after that incident that the little girl changed drastically. Lisa began to willingly volunteer to go through the hellish training. 

 

But even then, even when she turned into a cold hearted killer, Lisa's will never wavered. She drew a clear line between grudge and gratitude.

 

Whoever treated her with sincerity, she would treat them just as so, even a hundred times better. But whoever chooses to treat her with hostility, or harm anyone she cared about, she would send that person down through the 18 layers of hell.

 

Rosie's countenance finally hinted confusion. Lisa definitely went into berserk, how is she still all healthy. She thought. The redhead looked at the calmly sleeping blonde again and there was not even a hint of discomfort on her sleeping face. 

 

Rosie finally noticed something, it was what irked her the moment Lisa reported about her previous attack, she just couldn't put a finger on it, that's also one of the reasons why she rushed.

 

Lisa reported the incident with a clear head, her voice did contain an apologetic tone but it wasn't laced with the usual guilt. She thought.

 

And the trigger, if what Lisa said was true then there must be something else behind it. A catalyst that I haven't figured out yet. Specially in this round of frenzy, she had definitely not killed anyone yet, but what was that sudden attack? I need to get to the bottom of this. She continued to voice in her head as she looked at the sleeping blonde once again.

 

Rosie shook her head as she sighed deeply. Maybe tomorrow. She thought as she combed a stray hair to the blonde's ears with her finger.

 

Rosie found her strength back, so she carefully wrapped Lisa's arm around her shoulders as she supported the the blonde's waist with her other hand. She then lifted both their bodies off as she headed towards the bed.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taehyung was currently in a safehouse, somewhere in Seoul. From his unit, he could see the Valym tower, standing proudly, lording over the city's sky scape. 

 

His messy hair was still wet, with a towel over his head. He had just taken a shower and he was only in a pair of black sweatpants. His upper body completely uncovered, droplets of water dripping down his well-sculpted figure.

 

He took a deep breath as he downed a glass of whiskey. He walked towards the unit's secret room and placed his palm over

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter