Collision: a Peek

Light and Dark (JenLisa)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"My daughter will be arriving there at around 15:00h, or possibly 14:30h if there are no delays." Manoban Sr. said as he  informed Mr. Kim Lisa's landing time.

 

"I understand, I'll make sure my daughter picks her up herself" Mr. Kim excitedly replied. 

 

This guy sure sounds excited. Well, if I were in his position with no other options, I'd cling onto a bigger thigh too. Manoban Sr. thought as he heard Mr. Kim's tone. 

 

That's right, Manoban Sr. is perfectly aware of Mr. Kim's situation. The former would never do business with people he has no idea about. 

 

The only way to ensure success in every gamble is to have knowledge of every information about the different scenarios that may happen if the said wager were to be taken. Valuable or not, even the tiniest details can pose a great threat if it were overlooked. A small mistake is all it takes to lose the entire game, that's why he always considers all his options and data before he makes a decision. 

 

But if one finds himself lacking the time to evaluate his choices, then one must choose by gut. One must never be indecisive.

 

Sometimes a person's 6th sense plays a crucial roles in dire situations. That's why assassins, soldiers, spies, mercenaries and any other people who live in constant danger alike, hone their gut instinct to the fullest because in a matter of do-or-die situations, one's decisiveness and one's instincts are the only things you can rely on.

 

"Alright then, I'll leave my daughter in yours' care." Manoban Sr. replied with a steady tone.

 

"You can count on it." Mr. Kim realized his emotions were rather obvious so he steadied himself as well.

 

"Let them have their fun first, my daughter can be a tad bit unruly at times, so I'd warn your daughter if i were you." Manoban Sr. said. 

 

"Further discussions about the business deal will be held once I am there, there are some parts and details within the contract that would be inconvenient if discussed on the line." He continued.

 

"I understand, Mr. Manoban. Contact me whenever your schedule is cleared  for the meeting and I'll arrange for accommodations once you get here as well." Mr. Kim replied. 

 

"Alright, then. Have a good day." Manoban Sr. considered saying it was unnecessary because he could do better by himself but he thought that the other party must be making this gestures of politeness in order to show some sincerity so he changed his plans.

 

"Likewise." Mr. Kim replied as he ended the call. 

 

Mr. Kim slouched in his chair exhausted at the recently ended call. Although Manoban Sr. was far away from him, the presence of a man that has been through all sorts of battlefield and gruesome deaths are always overwhelming to normal people. 

 

Even honed businessmen like Mr. Kim who had met all sorts of people all over the world, whether they be world leaders, famous artists with eccentric personalities, well-known scientists etc. Meeting a soldier or someone who had seen death and inflicted death on someone else will always be a pressuring experience. 

 

Specially since Manoban Sr. the unilaterally titled Master of the underground world, was giving him a show of power, where he held nothing of his presence back to pressure Mr. Kim and force him to be the passive party between the two in this cooperation. 

 

Thinking about the other party's unfathomable depths made the famed richest man in the world feel powerless and helpless. 

 

Manoban Sr. was respected by the underground and feared by the surface. Whilst he who owns the biggest company in the world was mocked in silence by his peers and targeted openly by the thugs. 

 

There is no comparison though, the Manoban Family have been around for centuries if not millennia. While his empire only just started by his grandfather, continued by his father and now passed down to him. On a foundational basis, even small countries could not hold a candle against the Manobans. 

 

This is why he is desperate in seeking their help. Only this type of repelling force could hold his enemies back as he continues to develop his own forces. Other than that, he would really prefer an unshakable bond with the Manobans. Not only so he'd have a major backer, also if one day he could get out of this current mess, once he's powerful enough, he could repay this act of kindness as well.

 

Mr. Kim sighed heavily at his thoughts as he pulled himself together and straighten out his plans. He patted his suite and called his daughter.

 

After a five rings, she answered. 

 

"Yes, hello pa?" A sweet voice from the other line could be heard, speaking groggily.

 

"Hello, sweetheart. I'm sorry for disturbing your sleep." He said

 

"It's okay, ~yawns~ .. is everything alright?" She asked

 

"Everything is alright sweetie, Papa is just tired so I needed my princess' encouraging sweet voice." He said fondly

 

A chuckle could be heard from the other line as she said,

 

"You can do it Papa, Mama and I will always be here for you"

 

"Haha, thank you. I needed that." He replied happily

 

"Sweetheart, my business partner just informed me of the landing time of his daughter, so I'll just text you the details okay? If you forget now coz you're still sleepy, I'll just send it again 15 minutes after your wake up time." He continued.

 

"hmmm, yes pa." She replied groggily

 

"Alright, sleep back tight now princess" he chuckled 

 

"Good night~" 

 

He dropped the call and breathed deeply. He then cleared his head and went back to his work.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Is Lisa, up yet?" Manoban Sr. asked as he looked at the time, it was already 07:00h. 

 

"Not yet, sir." answered Mr. Smith as he poured a cup of freshly brewed coffee for the Master. 

 

"Better wake her up immediately then, her flight is in two hours and it takes at least an hour to the airport by car, traffic considered." He said.

 

"Right away, sir." Mr. Smith replied as he bowed and exited himself.

 

Manoban Sr. then got back to his work as he occasionally sipped his coffee.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ring ring ring

 

A loud ring of a bell jolted Lisa awake as she grabbed her favourite  improvised mini gun from under her pillow and pointed it at the direction w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter