Ep 9- Jae Jeong

He's my bodyguard, She's my star

 

(Next morning in Uee's room)

Uee woke up and stretched out for her mobile phone while still lying lazily on her bed and hears her voice messages. 
"You have 5 new voice messages."
"Beep..."

"Uee ah this is Kahi unnie, call me when you wake up."

"Uee ah it's already ten o'clock please call me."

"Uee ah! This is the last time I'm calling and please come over to Myeong-don Square for your rehearsal!"

"Unnie, I'm Lizzy. I've bought you your favorite chocolates and I left them on your dressing table."

"...I guess you are not waking up so early. Anyway your grandpa has something for me to do so I won't be able to drive you around today."

"You have no more messages."
"Beep..."

~ Because of you- After school ~song fades in~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8983EZGqDE&feature=related

Uee sat up and repeated her last message:
"...I guess you are not waking up so early. Anyway your grandpa has something for me to do so I won't be able to drive you around today."

She prepared herself, had her breakfast alone and went out to the front porch. Right in front was one of the other bodyguards and he was standing next to the car Chansung used to drive her around. The door closes behind her after she slides in and throughout the entire journey it was total silence in the car as she have been thinking what did her grandpa wants Chansung to do.
Once Uee reached the rehearsal venue, Kahi and Lizzy were already sitting on one of the benches waiting for her.

~song fades out~

KH: "Uee ah you are here finally. All the staffs and dancers are waiting for you."
UE: "I'm really sorry. I've over slept and I turned off my mobile phone last night."
KH: "I hope you are fine because you look kinda tired."
UE: "Yes I'm fine it's just that I'm having some minor migraine."
KH: "Alright so you get yourself prepared and start rehearsing."
UE: "Yes."

Uee walked into the dressing room and Lizzy followed from behind.
LZ: "Unnie you looked tired."
UE: "Ya... I drank quite alot last night and I'm having migraine now."
Uee complained while massaging her forehead with her fingers.

LZ: "Oh you mean you went to the bar with Chansung oppa?"
UE: "No... But why did you say that?"
LZ: "Because it's weird I didn't see him with you today. Usually he is always right beside you and I thought he drank too much that's why he didn't fetch you here."
UE: "... Even if he really wants to go to the bar, he would have gone with his girlfriend."
LZ: "Girlfriend? Hahaha!"
UE: "Why are you laughing?"
LZ: "Because I've got reliable source saying Chansung oppa haven't been dating for almost 3years!"
UE: "Really? But why are you telling me this?"
LZ: "Because it's quite obvious that unnie likes him." (Lizzy teased)
UE: "YAH!"
Uee blushed and started chasing Lizzy around.

(At the Airport)

Chansung drove Chairman Kim to the airport and his job today was to fetch two important people back to Kings Royale Hotel safely. And when they reached the arrival hall, Chairman Joo, Joo Won and Junho were there too.

CJ: "Jin Young hyung!"
CK: "Orh... Yong Gun ah!"
CJ: "He is?"
CK: "This is Chansung, Uee's personal bodyguard. And Chansung, this is Chairman Joo, his son Joo Won and this is...?"
CJ: "He is Junho, my personal bodyguard."
CK: "Your bodyguard? I thought..."
CJ: "Well this young man saved my life once." (Joo Yong Gun interrupted)
CK: "Oh I see."
JW: "Dad, I think they have arrived."

Both Chansung and Junho turned back and to their surprise, Lee Yung Ha and Ryu Soo Young walked out from the checkpoint. They have never expected that their mission today was to fetch them.

(In the car)

Lee Yung Ha was in Chansung's car while Ryu Soo Young was in Junho's car and throughout the journey, Chansung's eyes never leave the rear-view mirror and his ears were all ready to listen.

CK: "Yung Ha ah, how have you been?"
YH: "Haha Jin Young hyung , I've never been better!"
CK: "I've heard from Yong Gun that both of you are doing great."
YH: "Jin Young hyung, it would be even better if you accepted our deal. Hahaha."
CK: "Really? Then let's discuss when we reached. Hahaha."

(Kings Royale Hotel front lobby)

CK: "Orh Chansung, I've got important things to discuss so there's nothing for you to do at the moment and you don't need to wait for me. You can leave now."
CS: "Yes Mr Chairman."

Chansung got in to his car and watched them walked in to the lift lobby followed by Junho who was the last one behind. Junho took a glance at Chansung as both made eye contact; he nodded his head and went in to the lift.

(Back to the rehearsal)

After hours of practice, Uee sat down at the edge of the stage for a short rest and has a slip of water. She couldn't stand the strong spot lights shinning on her anymore and the moment she stands up, she could feel her heading spinning terribly and she looses her balance and fell off the stage. 
Chansung grabbed her on her waist but this time images started flashing on Uee's mind at the very moment they set eyes on each other.

Uee: "...we...we met before?"

Chansung avoided looking into Uee’s eyes and placed her on the ground. And both Kahi and Lizzy ran towards them.

LZ: “AH! Unnie are you ok?”
KH: “Thank goodness, Chansung you are here. Uee ah if you are too tired then we should take a break first.”

Kahi and the rest of the staffs went for their lunch break leaving Chansung and Uee seating on the half decorated stage.

UE: “Thanks for saving me…Again.”

Chansung turned and face Uee with a puzzled look on his face.

UE: “Well I mean you saved me last night.”
CS: “That’s my job.”
UE: “But how did you know I was there?”

Chansung paused for a second and the fact was he didn’t even know why he was there. Something strange in his mind actually told him that Uee will be around that bar and it just couldn’t be explain.

CS: “Because I saw your car.” (He lied)
UE: “…But my car wasn’t even near there?...”
CS: “Anyway you feel better now?” (Chansung interrupted)
UE: “…”
CS: “Why were you drowning yourself with alcohol last night and it’s not that you are someone who can hold alcohol well.”

Chansung teased while Uee looked at him seriously.

UE: “…I’ve got something to ask you first.”
CS: “What?”
UE: “Were you the one who saved me here 2years ago?”

Chansung smiled but he kept quiet.

UE: “! Really? So it was you?”
CS: “How could you forget someone who saved your life so easily?”
UE: “Haha…No wonder I find you familiar the moment I saw you in Manager Park’s office.”
CS: “Now that I’ve answer your question, it’s your turn to tell me your story.”

Uee stopped from laughing and her expression on her face turned sulky.

UE: “You must be wondering why I strongly disagree the idea of having my Comeback Stage performance here.”

Chansung kept quiet as Uee looked at him, put on a faint smile and continue.

UE: “This is the place where I last saw him.”
CS: “Him?”
UE: “We used to love each other so much that even grandpa objected this relationship, we would ignore and because of the promise we gave each other was so strong, nothing can comes between us.”

Uee took a deep breath and continues.
UE: “But he broke his promise and he left.”
CS: “He left?”
UE: “He died… he got shot.”
CS: “…”
UE: “Jae Jeong oppa was shot right in his head.”
CS: “!!!”

~ Heartbeat 2pm (instrumental remix) ~music fades in~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shAScJaDsJs&feature=BFa&list=PL8C8A6E29B69090BC&lf=BFp

Chansung was stupefied the moment the name strike into his head.

UE: “Once I hated this stage so much because it’s where I lost him...”

UE: “…But this is also where I first met you. So promise me you will be careful.”