Ep 12- Heartbeat

He's my bodyguard, She's my star

 

UE: "...Hwang...Chansung?"

Uee was very sure that the person she saw was Jae Jeong, but she just couldn't understand the fact that the person turned out to be Chansung, who was standing handsomely below the stage and watches her tenderly.

"Thump… Thump..."

Chansung grabs on to his chest as he could feel his heart started beating tremendously and his breathing became difficult. He squeezed his way through the crowd and hurriedly ran out to the exit. And once he pushed open the door, he tried catching his breath and holds on to his chest as he could feel his heart was almost popping out. He squatted down and was perspiring profusely.
"What happen? I think I need to go to the hospital again."
Chansung thought as he stood up and headed back in to the back stage.

(At the back stage)

KH: "Well done everyone! And thanks for all your hand work. Good job!"
LZ: "Since it's a success why don't we go for a supper celebration?"
CK: "I heard someone suggesting for a supper celebration?"
Joo Won and Chairman Kim walked in...

KH: "Yes Chairman Kim. We were just talking about it."
JW: "It's on my threat then!"
"YEAH!!"
Everyone cheered.
JW: "Well it's only for our Uee-ish."

After the clear confession Joo Won made, the noisy back stage became silence and everyone started looking at Uee.

KH: "...Oh! So where should go?" 
Kahi tried to break the awkwardness.
LZ: "Oh why not we go to the steamboat restaurant which Uee unnie likes? Unnie, what do you think?"

Uee who was sitting at a corner deadly, staring on the floor came back to her senses finally and looked up.

UE: "...Huh...?"

At this moment, Chansung walked in from the back door.

KH: "There you are, Chansung. We were about to go for a supper celebration treat from Joo Won. Let's join us; I believe Joo Won wouldn’t mind right?"
JW: "Of course not! I gotta thank him for taking good care of our Uee-ish." (Joo Won smirked)
LZ: "Chansung oppa, please come!"
KH: "Com'on Chansung!"

Chansung took a quick glance at Uee and agreed reluctantly.
CS: "...Ok."
CK: "Alright then everyone enjoy yourselves and I should make a move first."
KH: "Chairman, you are not joining us?"
CK: "Hahaha, these celebrations are not meant for tired old man like me. So, Joo Won you should help me take care of Uee."
JW: "Of course Uncle Kim! This is my honor."
CK: "Uee ah, you enjoy yourselves and grandpa should leave now."
UE: "...Yes grandpa."

Chansung looked out from the window and saw Chairman Kim got onto his car with Joo Yong Gun, Lee Yung Ha and Ryu Soo Young and Junho was also seen in the other car following from the back.

(At the Steamboat Restaurant)

"CHEERS!!!"
Everyone toss-up.

Throughout the whole party, Uee and Chansung behave awkwardly and both remained silence. And every minute, Uee would catch a glimpse from the corner of her eye at Chansung who was seating diagonally in front of her with his head down. She just couldn't understand how come Jae Jeong turned out to be Chansung and took out the broken necklace from her pocket and started staring at it.
Joo Won, who was seating opposite Chansung, noticed the awkwardness between them and turned to Uee who was seating beside him.

JW: "Uee-ish, here have some BBQ beef. I remember you told me you like it."
UE: "...Orh...thanks."
JW: "Why are you staring at this old broken necklace?"
UE: "...Huh?...oh nothing."

Chansung looked up and the moment he saw the necklace, his heartbeat starts racing and he could feel his heart pinching.

CS: "Sorry, I need to make a move first!"
KH: "? What?"
LZ: "Chansung oppa! Where are you going?"

Chansung stood up and accidentally bumped into the waiter who was holding a bowl of kimchi and spilled onto him.
LZ: ""Oh My God!"
Waiter: "Oh I'm so sorry sir!"
CS: "its ok it's ok."

Chansung grabs on to his chest and speed out of the Restaurant, leaving everyone puzzled behind.

KH: "Oh my goodness. What happened to him?"
LZ: "I've got no idea... Uee unnie, do you know what happen?"
UE: "...I...I really don't know?"
JW: "I don't think we should be concern about it."

He snatched the necklace Uee was holding on to and kept it in his pocket.
UE: "What are you doing? Return it back to me!"
JW: "Since it's old and broken, I should throw it for you and buy something more expensive and worth wearing for you."
UE: "You don't understand how important that is to me. Now give it back!"
JW: "You should just listen to your future husband's words and stop throwing tantrums!"
UE: "! What?"
JW: "Well your grandpa is going to agree to this engagement anyway."
UE: "..."

Everyone was startled by the news and all eyes were on Uee. She grabs her bag and ran out of the Restaurant but Joo Won ran after her and stopped her outside.
JW: "Uee-ish!"
UE: "For my grandpa, I give you 3mins. What more do you have to say?"
JW: "I saw the both of you back in the Restaurant and I know you like him."
UE: "2mins..."
JW: "But I have to tell you stop wasting your time."
UE: "1min..."
JW: "No matter how good looking or how hard you try, he won't be interested."
UE: "..."
Uee paused and stared furiously at him.

JW: "Well I saw "them" kissing just now."
UE: "What?"
JW: "He's gay!" (Joo Won smirked)
UE: "!!!"

Uee was dumbstruck by his words but she turned and walked away.

(Chairman Kim's Mansion)

When Chansung reached the front porch of the mansion, he saw Chairman Kim walked Joo Yong Gun, Lee Yung Ha and Ryu Soo Young to their respective cars and them all shook hands as if they had come to an agreement, with smiley faces and left. Chansung hurried up and followed Chairman Kim from behind but nothing was suspicious of him and as soon as Chairman Kim went into his bedroom, Chansung quickly went back into his room.
On the other hand, Uee went back to the mansion too and took a warm shower to relax herself from all the tiredness after the whole day of performance and the meaningless supper she had. After her bath, she put on her mini shorts, t-shirt and her pair of fluffy bunny bedroom slippers and went out to the back yard which was always quiet. She sat on the bench and started thinking about what had happened back on stage and what Joo Won had told her.

(Chansung's room)

After washed up, he dresses himself casually in a pair of black jeans, black t-shirt with a pair of sneakers and zipped up his leather jacket and to avoid being seen by the other guards, he climbed out from his window and landed himself quietly in the backyard.
Uee who was already sitting on the bench at the quiet back yard saw the back view of this familiar black figure who didn't notice her existence.

UE: "...Hwang Chansung?" (Uee whispered)

Apparently Chansung didn't hear her. He put on his cap and continues his journey.

"What is he up to?"
Uee thought and went after him without much thinking.

It was already mid-night and minutes later, Uee had unintentionally followed Chansung to a crowded night market without realizing it until someone accidentally knock into her and she lose sight of him.

Stranger: "Opps I'm sorry!"
UE: "Ouch!...it's ok..."
Stranger: "...You are...you are hallyu star Miss Uee-ish?!"
UE: "!"
Uee looked around and everyone's eyes were on her and mobile cameras started flashing on her. She then makes a turn and ran as fast as she could while her fans were all chasing from behind her.

(In the Hospital)

~Heartbeat 2pm (instrumental remix) ~music fades in~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shAScJaDsJs&feature=BFa&list=PL8C8A6E29B69090BC&lf=BFp

Male nurses were doing their rounds when suddenly one of them was being pulled to the staircase and was knocked out by Chansung. He took the nurse's pass and sneaked into the Power control room.

(Power control room)

In the pitch dark power control room, Chansung took out a mini torch light and holds firmly in his mouth as he skillfully tampers with the wires. He made the CCTVs such that they will all paused for at few minutes and will return back to normal after.

(Along the corridor)

Chansung now has 30mins for him. He opened the door easily using the stolen pass and swift into the second room without much hassle. 
Now he was already in the "Patient Confidential Report" room and this is really one huge room with similar rows and columns of shelving fully used by thousands of files. 
He looked at his watch and now he has only 20mins left for him. He expeditiously started looking for the alphabet "H" and after a few minutes, he finally saw his report "Hwang Chansung/ SK87-0012454Seoul"
Without much time left, Chansung flipped his file and ultimately came to the page which he has been dying for and he continue reading...

Death date: 21st October 2009 
Place of death: Hospital 
Time of death: 2.30 AM
Reason of death: Excessive bleeding
Cause of death: Gun shot in the head
Blood group: AB+
Organ transplanted: Heart
Patient name: Park Jae Jeong

"P A R K-J A E-J E O N G!"
This name once again strikes into Chansung's head. He collapsed onto the ground and tried catching his breath as he was traumatized by what he saw. 
In spilt seconds, he got back to his senses and quickly stood up. Now he has got only 1min left. He hurriedly put the file back to its original place and dashed out to the corridors. He threw the nurse's pass into one one the trash bins and walked steadily out of the hospital from its main entrance pretending nothing has happened and the CCTVs went back to its normal state.

~music fades out~

"Ring! Ring!"

Chansung's mobile rang once he walked out from the hospital. He looked onto his incoming call display and "Miss Uee" was shown on the screen.

CS: "Hello?"
Stranger: "Hello, is this Hwang Chansung?"
CS: "Yes. And you are?"
Stranger: "Oh I used the owner's phone to call you. Would you kindly come over to pay the bill for her?"
CS: "What?"

(At the Roadside Stall)

Chansung entered the stall and headed to the counter where the lady boss was.
CS: "Excuse me, I'm Hwang Chansung."
Boss: "Orh! Wow you are really one good looking young man. No wonder..."
CS: "Sorry? What do you mean?"
Boss: "Orh because your pretty girlfriend kept shouting your name that's why I called you."
CS: "Girlfriend?!"
Boss: "Yah...you youngsters nowadays love bickering but it's wrong to leave your girlfriend out alone so late."
CS: "..."
Boss: "Ok total bill is 63000Won."
CS: "...May I know where is she?"

The lady boss took the money from Chansung and pointed at a far seat on the right.
CS: "Ok thank you."
Boss: "You two small lovers should really enjoy yourselves tonight because she drank almost six bottles of soju."
The lady boss smile sheepishly.
CS: "..."
Chansung put on a faint smile and make a slight bow to the lady boss.
CS: "Sorry for the trouble."

Uee was leaning almost half dead on the table exposing her y long legs in her mini shorts and with her pair of fluffy bedroom slippers. She definitely left the mansion in a hurry without bringing her purse and only her mobile phone with her.
Chansung walked up and bend over to her.

CS: "Miss Uee, Miss Uee, are you alright?"
UE: "..."
Uee lifted up her head and tried focusing her blurry, watery eyes on Chansung with her blushed cheeks. And when Chansung looked around them, all the men's eyes were looking sleazily on her legs.
Then he took off his jacket and ties them around her waist and carefully brings her out of the food stall.

CS: “Yah…could you please walk properly?”
UE: “…”

Uee was feeling gawky and uneasy as the alcohol rushed up her head; she pushed Chansung away and vomited on the road side.

CS: “YAH! You are really troublesome!”

Chansung squatted down and grabs on to Uee’s soft honey thighs and piggy-back her like when they were young.
Uee bear-hugged Chansung from his back and started mumbling in his ears and he felt ticklish.

CS: “Hey could please stop mumbling into my ears? I can’t hear what you are trying to say?”
UE: “…”
CS: “What?”
UE: “…Hwa..ng...Chan…”
CS: “What?”
UE: “…Hwang Chansung! YAH! HWANG CHANSUNG!”
CS: “Hey could you please stop fidgeting?”
UE: “HWANG CHANSUNG! Who do you think you are?”
CS: “YAH! Would you stop shouting in my ears?”
Chansung lost his balance and threw Uee on the pavement with a loud thud.

UE: “OUCH!”
Uee cried and Chansung lifted her up with both hands and they were now standing facing each other as he watched her trying to find her balance.

UE: “Hwang Chansung! Who…do you…think you are?”
CS: “I think you are drunk.”
UE: “What…is so…great about you?”
CS: “Let’s go back.”
UE: “NO!”
Uee shoved his hands away gazed at him angrily. 
Chansung felt the tension and was confused by her action but at the same time, he felt sorry for her and the atmosphere was totally emotional.

~This song- 2am ~song fades in~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK7pNZjxB0E&feature=related

Uee took a step closer to Chansung, while he gazed down at her and remains quiet.

UE: “I really hate this pair of attractive eyes watching me adoringly every moment…”
Uee stretched out her hands and places them gently on the sides of his eyes.

UE: “And I hate this alluring lips talking back to me every second…”
She steps in closer and puts her fingers on his lips and smile.

UE: “…but I know of a way to keep them quiet…”
CS: “…”

Uee tip-toe and pulled Chansung in for a long deep kiss...