Ep 10- Childhood

He's my bodyguard, She's my star

 

Chansung was stupefied the moment the name strike into his head.

UE: “Once I hated this stage so much because it’s where I lost him...”

UE: “…But this is also where I first met you. So promise me you will be careful... Otherwise..."

Uee paused for a second and they both stared into each other affectionately.
UE: "...otherwise..."

~song fades out~

CK: "Uee ah! Grandpa found you finally. Hahaha."
Chairman Kim walked in and broke their conversation.

UE: "Grandpa?"
JW: "Hi Uee-ish."
UE: "Joo Won?"
CK: "Joo Won came all the way here just to have lunch with you."
UE: "But I'm in the middle of my rehearsal."
CK: "I've told Manager Park already and Chansung you fetch me back to the mansion. Joo Won will fetch Uee."
JW: "These are for you."

Joo Won presented Uee with a bouquet of pink roses from his back. 
Uee wasn't happy at all at the sight of the bouquet of roses. She took a glanced back at Chansung from her shoulders as Joo Won brings her in to his car and drove off.

(At the Italian Restaurant)

UE: "I bet the food here will taste nice. One look around I can tell."
JW: "Oh, this is the best and finest Italian Resturant in South Korea. The reason no one is here is because I've booked the whole Resturant and it's just for Miss Uee-ish."
UE: "Old tricks..." (Uee mumbled)

After they had finished their main course.

JW: "So how is the Foie gras and beef steak? I bet you have never tasted such delicacies."
UE: "Well actually I still prefer Kimchi and barbecued beef."
Restaurant Manager: "Mr Joo, would you like to have some red wine?"
JW: "Ok. Give me a bottle of 1982 Chateau Mouton Rothschild."
Restaurant Manager: "Sure Sir."
JW: "Miss Uee-ish, do you know the 1982 Chateau Mouton Rothschild is the best and one of the most expensive red wines in the world? And this is the only Restaurant in South Korea who has it."
UE: "Oh really?" (Uee pretended to sound excited)
JW: "By the way, I think I should start calling you Uee-ish and you should start addressing me as Joo Won oppa."
UE: "What do you mean?"
JW: "I think it's very obvious that I'm interested in you and since we are both from upper classes backgrounds, I think we really make a good match."
UE: "Wait a minute. But this is only your own thinking."
JW: "No. I think your grandpa would be the happiest person if we both date."
UE: "What?"
JW: "Don't you know that in order to venture his business and work with my dad, your grandpa has come to agree many teams?"
UE: "..."
JW: "It is only for you that I agreed working with your grandpa."
UE: "..."
Restaurant Manager: "Excuse me sir, here is your wine."
JW: "Cheers!"

Uee gulped the whole glass of wine in one sip and spilt it onto Joo Won deliberately causing his entire white suit stained with red wine.

JW: "What the ...!"
UE: "Opps! I'm so sorry... I just felt like puking suddenly."

(In the evening at Chairman Kim's Mansion)

Joo Won fetched Uee back and the moment he drove off, Uee threw the bouquet of roses on the stairs.
Chairman Kim waited happily on the couch in the living room while Chansung was upstairs in his room lying on his bed waiting for her return, he couldn't stop thinking about the incident which happens 2years ago and the fact that he was the one who shot Uee's love of her life, Park Jae Jeong.

CK: "Uee ah, how was the date?"
UE: "Grandpa would you stop interfering in my life?"

Chansung heard Uee's voice. He got up from his bed and lean behind his door to listen to their conversation.

CK: "I definitely think that Jon Won was the best person whom you should marry to."
UE: "What? Marry?"
CK: "Yes! He is the most suitable man."
UE: "Grandpa, how could you use my lifetime happiness in-exchange with your businesses?!"
CK: "What? Even if it's for business, it's also for your future!"
UE: "I will be the one responsible for my own future."
CK: "Anyway I've already agree your Uncle Joo to both of your engagement."
UE: "What? Engagement?!"
CK: "Yes and we will make a public announcement once you finish your performance."
UE: "This is crazy! And I'm not agreeing to it!"
CK: "I'm your grandpa and I know what's best for you."
UE: "If you like him so much then you should marry him and not me!"
CK: "I've already said. This is final!"

Uee dashed upstairs leaving her fuming grandpa in the living room. She strode in to her room and slams the door from behind.
Chansung overheard everything and he fell back on his bed.

(Dong Yong Orphanage)

~ Even If I Die, I Can't Let Go- 2am ~song fades in~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9wLG4rTvZM&feature=related

It was spring and in the large field cover with bright yellow canola blossoms stood two small figures running. A little boy was chasing after a little girl and they were playing catching. The little girl couldn't stop shouting and laughing in excitement but she accidentally trip and fell.

Girl: "OUCH!" 
The little girl cried out in pain and her leg was bleeding profusely as she fell and cut her leg with rusty nails.

Boy: "Are you ok?"
The boy ran over and saw her knee bleeding and crying in pain.

Girl: "Oppa! It's very painful!"
Boy: "Don't worry, Oppa will carry you."
Girl: "Oppa am I going to die?"
Boy: "Don't be silly. Oppa is your angel and an angel would save you."
The boy used his handkerchief and ties around the little girl's knee and piggy-back her all the way back to the orphanage.
After hours of long walk, they finally reached the orphanage and nurses quickly attend to the little girl's wound.
And minutes later...

Boy: "How do you feel?"
Girl: "I feel sleepy."
Boy: "You will be fine and your grandma will be here in any minute."
Girl: "Oppa will I became crippled?"
Boy: "Silly girl, no you won't."
Girl: "But what if I can't walk anymore? Then no boys would like me... And oppa wouldn't wanna play catching with me anymore..." 
The little girl starts crying.

Boy: "No. Oppa will always be with you no matter what happens."
Girl: "Really?"
Boy: "Yes!"
Girl: "Promise?"
Boy: "Promise!"
And the two made pinky promise.

Boy: "This is your promise gift."
Girl: "Chocolate?"
Boy: "A chocolate a day keeps your sorrows away!"

The little girl giggles and fell asleep on the little boy's shoulder...

~song fades out~

(Early next morning in Uee's bedroom)

Uee opened her eyes and stared into the ceiling, she turned her head to look at the clock and it was only 7:30 in the morning. She got up from her bed, washed up and bend over to look at her knee.

UE: "It has been 14years already."
Uee sighed as she looks at the not so visible scar on her knee. She put on her comfortable clothes and went out from the mansion.

"Ring!"
UE: "Yes Lizzy?"
LZ: "Unnie you woke up already? Manager Park told me to give you a morning call."
UE: "Orh. I'm already outside now."
LZ: "So early? But the rehearsals will only starts at 10:30."
UE: "Oh I won't be going for the rehearsal today please help me to inform her."
LZ: "Then where are you going?"
UE: "I'm now on my way to Jeju."
LZ: "Jeju?!"
UE: "Orh I won't talk to you anymore, my batteries are low now. Bye!"
LZ: "Unnie! Unnie! Hello?"

(Back in Chairman Kim's Mansion)

While Chansung just got back from his jog, his mobile rings...

CS: "Hello?"
KH: "Chansung ah this is Manager Park. Is Uee with you?"
CS: "No."
KH: "No? Sigh... This girl must have a tiff with her grandpa and now she's gonna skip her rehearsals again. No matter what please help me to find her."
CS: "Yes."

Chansung tried to call Uee but it wasn't through.

"Ring!"
CS: "Hello?"
LZ: "Chansung oppa!"
CS: "Yes?"
LZ: "Please help us find Uee unnie!"
CS: "I've tried calling her but it wasn't through."
LZ: "I tried to get her earlier on and she says she's on her way to Jeju. But Jeju is not small how am I suppose to know where exactly is she?"
Chansung: "Jeju?"
LZ: "Chansung oppa I think we should split up to look for her so once you found her please let me know. Bye!"