twenty-six

What If....
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

26.

 

 

“How many?”

“Four? Maybe five, three or two…” I couldn’t hide my giggle as Baekhyun covered his face as he continues, “Why are you asking these kind of things, I’m…,” he puckers his pink lips then cup his own cheeks, “…blushing over the thoughts. Having kids or not, as long as I’m with you, it would be heaven.”

My face is flushed, a half of me regrets asking the question because now I’m the one who feels embarrassed over it and so I huff with a sheepish laugh, “Okay let’s stop, we’re just 21 and I’m asking you such ridiculous questions.” However before I could get myself off from the couch to leave to hide away my reddened face, Baekhyun pulls me by the arms then lands his head straight on my lap, playfully wiggling like a small puppy then whines.

“Ah, it’s getting fun though, why are you stopping? Okay now, it’s my turn to ask.”

Crap. He’s enjoying it now.

“What kind of wedding proposal you wish to experience?” I roll my eyes at the question, then pursed my lips together as I think of the answer before he cuts off, “Don’t say things like, ‘as long as we’re married…’ I won’t accept those!”

He caught my mind. “But you gave your answers that way just now!”

“Okay then I’ll answer it properly this time,” he tries to placate seeing me condemning over the unfairness. Baekhyun squeezes his eyes for a few seconds, humming then shot his eyes open again, this time with a beam across those lips. “I really don’t have any specific number. But it’d be great if I have more daughter, imagine little kids who are so sweet like you. How adorable, I can already imagine the kids would be very kind thanks to their mom.”

“You are so silly.”

“No, no. Hear me.” He mime-zips my mouth and blabbers, “Having a son or two would be nice too, so that they’ll protect their sisters.”

I laugh again but this time, I decide to play along with those ideas of Baekhyun’s. “Then what about me? Shouldn’t the boys protect their mom too?”

“They must do so, but don’t really have to. I’ll be there too, right? I’ll protect you. I’ll protect our family.”

“God, I’m curling my fingers and toes,” I yell a whisper, showing him the cringe that I have gotten from hearing those words. “Why are we suddenly talking about this?”

The man shrugs, raising up his innocent card, “I don’t know, you’re the one who initiated it just now. Have you forgot about it?” He slaps a half-annoyed gaze at me, bursting out a laugh from my lungs. “I know you secretly enjoy my cheesy side, don’t you?”

Upon that question, I shake my head wholeheartedly then grins, “I openly enjoy it.”

I see Baekhyun’s lips stretching at receiving that kind of answer, his eyes also sparkles a smile. “Okay then back to my question just now. What kind of proposal do you want?”

“I’d be fine with any ideas that you’d come up with. As long as it is you.”

“Babyyyy…”

“Okay, okay. Fine,” I chuckle. “You don’t have to go far to ‘kneeling down’ or those…but having under the snow would fulfill my fantasy.”

“So basically you want both of us freezing in the cold weather? You watched too much drama,” The man then nods a few times, showing the loss of interest in his face then suddenly gets up. “But okay, I’ll just take note, since that’s what you want.” I gape at him even when he is obviously messing around with me especially when he turns around to check my reaction and curls a devilish smile upon seeing me speechless.

However that teasing smile does not last for long, slowly turning into a yell together with quick steps across the living room as Baekhyun sees me rising up from the couch, ready to chase him around that space and fight. “Byun Baekhyun, come here if you dare!”

 

 

“This morning?! Why are you only telling me now?!”

The lady almost jump off her seat upon her boyfriend’s scowl at the person he is talking to on the phone through the hands-free device, immediately darts a look on Chanyeol’s face. He seems furious, also concerned at the moment and the moment Ye Eun was just about to ask, Chanyeol suddenly making a big sudden U-turn across the road – making the former covers with one hand while another holds the cushion tight.

She wants to yell out of the shock but still, the lady tones it down as she reads the situation. Chanyeol’s face clearly shows a bad sign, unfortunately. She keeps her lips shut, even when the man drives the car at a high speed that she worries about their safety right now.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter