seventeen

What If....
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

17.

 

Chanyeol stares at the tiffin containers on his dining table, thinking of the person who came by just now. He knows that she is willing to hear anything from him but there is something that Chanyeol hides, because nobody in this world should know about it. Chanyeol told her about Ye Eun, of their accidental meet earlier in the noon. And she told him about Ye Eun’s true relationship with the doctor – which they are in a process of knowing each other, just because of their parents’ demands.

However Chanyeol’s story stops right there, he told her that that is all he has in mind when the truth is it isn’t.

There is one more thing, the biggest thing in this matter that lingers around his head right now – which caused him to need a moment of his own. He needs to sort out that one last thing. Thus Chanyeol has not stop from going back and forth to think of a way to confirm everything in his mind right now.

Not long after contemplating, he strides to his bedroom and reach for his smartphone.

That is the only way he could think of right at this moment. To contact the person who could help him find a way to the solution that pops from his head. “Hyung,” Chanyeol speaks as soon as Secretary Jung picks up the call. “Can you help me on something? To find someone, in specific?”

 

 

“Would you love to have any of those, my dear?” Baekhyun turns to look at his daughter who is staring at the Barbie dolls on toys’ shelves of the department store. Today is Christmas Eve; and since Baekhyun realizes that he has never give anything to his kids, he wants to do something this time. This year’s celebration would be the most meaningful in his life, and the fact that his body could be in a bad condition anytime, Baekhyun is eager to spend as if this would be his last.

That girl turns at her father, looking flustered at the sudden question, her big eyes blink a few times before shaking her head off – refusing the offer. Instead, she quietly points at another shelf that is placed behind her father, making the man’s brows furrow at his daughter before shifting his gaze to where his girl is pointing.

It is a rack full of Nerf guns.

Deadpanned, Baekhyun gape at his daughter who is showing her puppy eyes, with a sneaky grin on her face.

“Can I have that, Dad?”

He giggles lovingly upon hearing it. Looking at the adorable girl’s imploring eyes, Baekhyun couldn’t help but melt at her request. To be true, even if Hyun Joo did not ask for any, he would be willing to give the girl his everything. The man then leans in and spread his arm for Jooie to get into them. Effortlessly, he carries the kid up to get her closer to the toys on the shelf. “Which one do you want, baby?”

Hyun Joo bites the tip of her fingers for a while as she is considering which one to choose, then slowly reaches for the Nerf Avenger’s edition.

“Only one?”

“Mommy says not to overspend on anything. Especially on toys.”

Baekhyun purses his lips together, concealing his laugh as he finds it amusing and funny. It feels fascinating that he witnesses his daughter cutely obeying her mom’s little unwritten rules. She raises the kids well, Baekhyun monologues.

“Let’s say…this time would be an exception, since I am the one who buying it for you.” Baekhyun’s eyes explore the lines of toys in front of him then pick up another two sets. “Here, have this. You can play it with your brother, or maybe with me,” he winks, causing a wide smile to appear on Hyun Joo’s face. The kid’s eyes twinkle and quickly, she wraps her arms around her father’s neck before landing a kiss on Baekhyun’s cheeks.

“Thank you, Dad!” She titters excitedly and receives butterfly kisses on her face in response.

The father-daughter time continues as they walk to another toys’ section before bumping into the twin’s mom and Hyun Joon.

She warmly smiles at seeing Baekhyun and their daughter approaching, but a crease grows on her forehead as her eyes spotted the amount of toys that occupied the father’s and daughter’s hands. The lady exchanges looks with her son before two of them gaze again at the formers incoming.

“Hyun Joo, what did Mommy always tells you on buying toys?”

The girl flinches, one of her hands tug on her father’s jeans as she hides behind Baekhyun’s legs. Meanwhile the father chuckles, holding his daughter to the front again before explaining, “It’s not Jooie, I was the one who told her to pick anything that steals her attention.”

“I know,” she lightly sighs, then squats down to take the toys from her daughter before putting them into the trolley. “That’s why I need to remind her of it, since I can’t handle advising you.” She squints, earning a hearty laugh from the man. That is true though, the lady knows Baekhyun would not listen to anyone – which explains why she needs to teach the twins to be moderate in spending the money. “If you keep doing this, the kids would be spoiled, you know?”

“I know, I know,” Baekhyun breathes, inserting the toys in his hand to the trolley then leans down to pick up his daughter. “Just this time, okay?” His hand pats the lady’s head to reassure, earning a not-so-annoyed look from her.

Then Baekhyun’s attention shifts to his son, who has been standing while holding the mom’s hand without uttering a word. The man notices two books in the boys’ hand, lifting a brow – puzzled. “Joonie, you only took books? No toys?”

“Oppa is always like that, he loves to read,” the talkative Hyun Joo explains on behalf of her brot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter