Chapter 14

Facing the World & Other Strange Tales of Agoraphobia

It all felt like a dream. Days later, and Yeon still wondered if what happened actually happened. If Kim Taehyung actually had given her a hug and then walked away like nothing happened even though his clothes were damp from the cup of water she had spilled on him.

Even if it did actually happen, at least Yeon would never have to actually see him again. At least that's what she thought. Unless Kim Taehyung sought her out, which was highly unlikely, there would be no reason for the two to ever run into each other again. She wouldn't have to be embarrassed about what happened, and it would never come up because they would never talk again.

That was until, Yeon woke to the sound of an offbeat drumming from the music playing in her earphones. It wasn't until Yeon pulled out her earphones that she heard what was drills and hammers against her bedroom wall. Yeon's master bedroom was huge, and for a sound to be that loud had to mean it was close. There had been no notifications of building construction. Still slightly asleep, Yeon stumbled out of bed and headed for all the commotion. It was coming from her living room and as she got closer the sounds became so loud she could barely hear herself think.

As soon as Yeon reached her living room her jaws dropped.

What used to be a wall was now a large hole looking into another room she had never seen. If she wasn't going crazy, it seemed to be the living room of her next door neighbor. It took a few minutes, but three men who seemed to be the ones that made the hole, looked at Yeon in shock as well. The drilling and hammering immediately stopped as their faces turned from shock to horror.

"."

The man holding the drill dropped it as quickly as the words left his mouth.

", , ."

The other man holding the hammer, which was ready to strike the already large hole, stared at Yeon with terror.

"There's a hole in my wall..."

Yeon stated the obvious.

No one said anything for at least a few minutes. That was until Kim Taehyung walked out to his living room. It seemed he had just gotten out of the shower as his hair was wet and he was only wearing a white towel around his six pack abs. Everyone remained silent.

"Oh hey neighbor... There seems to be a hole in our wall—Wait! THERE'S A ING HOLE IN MY WALL!"

"Mr. Kim! We can explain!"

The man with the drill turned and ran to Kim Taehyung.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN EXPLAIN?! THERE'S A ING HOLE IN MY WALL AND MY NEIGHBOR IS STARING AT ME!"

"Mr. Kim—"

"Where the is your supervisor?! I am going to sue your company into oblivion! There's a ing hole to my neighbors living room!"

"Mr. Kim—"

"Get the out of my house!"

"We can fix this Mr. Kim and—"

"GET! THE! ! OUT!"

The low roar of Kim Taehyung's voice caused a deafening silence. The three men didn't even bother to grab their equipment. They all scurried out. It took only seconds.

"There's a hole in my wall..."

Yeon whispered once more staring past Kim Taehyung and at the living room on the other side of the now nearly removed wall. In shock, Yeon stared still wide open. On the other side, Kim Taehyung angrily scratched his head and paced as he stared at the open wall as well.

". . ! !"

"Hole..."

Slowly Yeon lifted her arm as she pointed at the wall.

"Yeah. , I'm sorry. I was expanding my living room but they seemed to have demolished the wrong wall."

He was still pacing, but now his head was in his hands. Kim Taehyung was obviously a mess as well. After pacing for a bit, Kim Taehyung disappeared somewhere into his house until he came back out with his phone. After taking a few photos he began to call someone.

"Hyung, do you see this hole in my wall? I just sent you pictures. The ing contractor demolished the wall connecting to my neighbors. I need this fixed right now."

He was silent for a bit.

"No hyung today! Do you not see my neighbor in the pictures?! She's in shock and I'm pretty sure she's going to sue me! Today! It has to be fixed today!"

It was then that Yeon finally came to her senses. She hadn't washed up and was still in her pajamas. Yeon quickly ran back into her room. All she could think about as she took a shower was that there was a hole opening into the house of Kim Taehyung. The Kim Taehyung.

By the time she looked like a normal human being, Kim Taehyung was no where to be seen. But there was something "covering" up the newly formed hole.

Yeon couldn't help but to laugh.

A shower curtain barely covering the hole seemed to have been hung up. The only problem was that the shower curtain was completely see through. It was as if nothing was hanging at all.

Still smiling, Yeon really hoped the hole would get fixed that day. Though highly unlikely, Yeon still hoped she could have her privacy back as soon as possible. She wasn't used to strangers or places that weren't home. And Kim Taehyung was a stranger and his home was a foreign place.