Double Date?

Don't Sass Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Weeks passed by and Chaewon still hasn't heard from Yena. She wondered what she did wrong for the girl to suddenly drop her. She figured their deal was off, not that she minded. They didn't have time to meet up and make videos anyway. Whenever they had classes together, Yena would sit the farthest away from her, Yuri giving her apologetic looks. She's doing it today too, avoiding her like the plague.

 

"Yikes, looks like you really did something huh." Go eun suspected as they went out of the classroom.

 

"I didn't do anything. We were all good until the day after the party."

 

"She must be going through something then, probably doesn't have anything to do with you."

 

"I guess so."

 

Chaewon wasn't convinced, she knew she must've done something, the girl wouldn't have avoided her for no reason.

 

"Don't worry about it, Chaewonnie. Let's go get lunch."

 

Meanwhile, Yena and Yuri stood idly at the corner as they wait for Chaewon and Go Eun to leave the hallway.

 

"Coast is clear." Yuri says, peering over the wall to double check.

 

Yena sighed, she didn't have the heart to look at Chaewon.

 

"Until when are you gonna avoid her?"

 

"I...I don't know. I honestly don't know, Yuri."

 

"Be honest, Yena. Chaewon didn't do anything wrong. Maybe it's better if you talked to her, rather than just avoiding her. You should hear her side of the story."

 

"It's just that, I don't even have the right to feel this way. I just know that I like her a lot. And it's not the same type of like that I have for you and the rest of our friends."

 

'Ouch, way to friend zone me.'

 

"I know, Yena. But like I said, avoiding her won't solve anything. If you like her, you tell her. If she doesn't like you back, then you can't do anything about it."

 

"But, but what about Eunbi sunbaenim?"

 

"Really, Yena? Eunbi doesn't get to decide for you or Chaewon. She's out of it. Just don't be a and go talk to Chaewon." Yuri advised, putting her hands on the girls' shoulders.

 

"But it's almost been a month since I talked to her! What if she hates me now? I hate confrontations. She doesn't even do anything, she doesn't even approach me and stopped texting me. What if she got tired of me?"

 

"You avoid her first and you expect her to go chasing after you? Also, that's not possible-"

 

"What's up, losers." Hyewon arrives. A box of French macaroons in hand.

 

"Hey, glutton."

 

"Lady problems?" The girl inquired, taking a bite of her macaroons and humming in delight at the taste. 

 

"You bet."

 

"Anyway, as I was saying. That's not possible.  I can tell how much she wants to talk to you, but she seems reluctant."

 

"I can vouch, I sometimes update her how on how you are. She pays me though."

 

"With what? Food?" Yuri raises her eyebrows.

 

"Precisely."

 

"See? That's probably why she hasn't approached you or texted you back. She's secretly keeping tabs on you." Yuri turns back to Yena. Glad her point was proven.

 

"Honestly I don't know whether to be touched for you, or creeped out." Hyewon says, stuffing two macaroons in at the same time.

 

"But you're the one helping her, though?"

 

"I do it for the food." She retorted nonchalantly.

 

"And it's Chaewon, I might've tried to kill her three weeks ago but now I know I could trust her." It was true, her best friend was clueless when it came to dating and liking someone. She didn't want the girl to be taken advantage of, especially because Yuri knew what Yena had to go through growing up.

 

Just then, one of their classmates walked up to them and asked if they had partners for the upcoming Christmas festivities, which means performances from their department such as stages and plays. Since Hyewon majored in film, she had to take part in productions alongside Minju. But the vocal majors like Chaewon, Go Eun, Yuri and Yena had to choose a partner and song. Naturally, Chaewon and Go Eun would always pair up together, as well as Yuri and Yena.

 

", I forgot about that. We haven't even practiced it or chose a song."

 

"Well, that's very unfortunate." Hyewon said, looking at her non-existent wristwatch. "As much as I love talking about your misfortunes,  I gotta go bug Chaewon with her lunch debt. See yah!"

 

"Stop leeching off of her!" Yena shouts, still not liking how her roommate makes Chaewon pay for anything.

 

"Let her be, you know she'll do anything for food."

 

Yena's stomach grumbles, making Yuri laugh. "Looks like Hyewon isn't the only one needing food, let's go."


Yena was sat sulking in her desk when a sheepish looking Minju comes in, being careful to close the door behind her gently. 


"Yena, I have a favor to ask." She started, not even sure if the girl was listening. "If you do this favor then I'll do an entire month worth of chores for you."

 

"What is it?" Yena sat up, pretending to continue her unfinished homework. 

 

"Go on a blind date with my friend!"

 

"Uh, I'm not really sure about that, besides I need to practice."

 

Minju knew Yena and Chaewon weren't on speaking terms, she didn't really want to ask either what happened. She just knew she needed to help her roommate get over the girl, or atleast help her cope.

 

"If you go on this date, I'll help you practice."

 

"I don't think I need your help-" She reluctantly agrees at Minju's pleading look, though her offer was ridiculous as she wasn't a vocal major.

 

"-Ugh fine. When and where?"

 

"This Saturday at Everland. You better be there OK? Don't embarrass me."

 

"Jeez, coming from someone who's practically begging me to go."

 

"Please I'll do anything! You don't even have to like him, just be there. But who knows maybe this is your chance to grab a boyfriend." Yena snorted, as if.

 

"Do I have to wear anything nice?"

 

"Just be your usual cute self." Minju winked, making her way out of the room.

 

Yena banged her head on the table, maybe it this what was she needed.


Kim Chaewon was having a nice dream where she stood in front of a huge audience, everyone listening to her sing her heart out. As she finished, they all stood up for a standing ovation, roses being thrown at her feet as she bowed. Suddenly, her world started shaking, and everything disappeared as she opened her eyes.

 

Bzzz bzzz

 

"Wake up, I have tea."

 

"Ugh, what?"

 

"Yena is going on a date."

 

"Huh? Myoui Mina is opening the gate?"

 

"No, . Our Choi Yena is going on a date. I 'accidentally' eavesdropped on her phone conversation." Once chaewon was able to comprehend what had just been said,  she quickly sat up and with a loud voice;

 

"What!? With who!?"

 

"I don't know man, apparently some good looking guy our age. So whatcha gonna do about it?"

 

"Nothing, I'm not gonna do anything." Chaewon said, gritting her teeth.

 

"You sure about that girlie?"

 

"Yes I'm sure."

 

"Okay then, suit yourself~” A pause. “Did you know Yena has been bicurios for a while now, what if she realizes it's just a phase and goes back to being straight. That would be very unfortunate you know? But that's none of my business, so-"

 

"Okay!  Okay! What are you getting at?"

 

"I don't know, maybe a few more meals for a tip?"

 

"Ugh, just tell me when and where they're meeting up."

 

"I didn't peg you to be a stalker, but then again, I did think you were a ."

 

"I didn't-"

 

"I know, riling you up is just fun to me."

 

"Whatever, just text me the details."

 

"Okie dokie." Chaewon hangs up, frustrated. It took all of her strength not to walk up to Yena, and now the girl is going on a blind date? How was she supposed to react to that? Maybe she should've made a move sooner. Ugh, this was very frustrating for her.

 

Kang Hyewon


Everland front gate, 10am
11:56 am

What are they meeting so early for?
11:58am

Kang Hyewon

Beats me

11:58pm

You're coming with me

12:00am

Kang Hyewon


Whats in it for me
12:00am

3 whole meals for the whole week?

12:02am

Kang Hyewon

You know me well
12:05am

 

Chaewon and Hyewon meet up at a cafe j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter