insomnia

one-shots
"why are you still up?" chaeyoung, my roommate, suddenly spoke up in our dark dorm. the lamp from my desk is the only thing giving me any source of light while i write some things down on my notebook. i got startled by the sudden voice coming from behind me. 

"i'm studying." i said nonchalantly, as i continued writing my notes down. 

"at-" she stopped to check the time on her phone, i assume, "2 in the morning?" 

"yeah." i said, spinning my chair around to face her. she frowned and sat up from her bed; that's not too far away from mine. 

"go to bed, dahyun-unnie." her voice was demanding, but i just shrugged it off as i turned back around to continue my studying session. 

"no thanks, midterms are next week. also, it's the weekend anyway." i said, turning a book open and flipping it to the page that i needed. 

"that's the point. it's the weekend. go to ing sleep and have some rest, will you." 

"just go back to sleep, chaeyoung-ah." 

"un- ing- believable." i heard her mutter and i chuckled in response. the silence following the conversation convinced me that she went to sleep, again, already. after awhile, my phone buzzed and lit up, signalling i got a text. 

sana-chan: dahyun-ah. chaeyoungie said youre still studying. go to sleep! 

i groaned as i realize why the silence came after the conversation. "seriously chaeng?" 

"yes, seriously. go to sleep." 

dahyunnie: that brat. i will go to sleep soon sana-chan! 

sana-chan: go to sleep now. 

i groaned again before putting my phone down and closing my books and notebooks. i stacked my books on one side. 

"you're so whipped." i stacked my notebooks next to the books and turned around to glare at chaeyoung.

 "shut the  up. you're just the same with mina-unnie." a pillow was thrown but i caught it in my arms. 

"ing ." 

"i love you too." i turned my chair back around and picked my phone up to send a reply. i frowned at the realization of something. 

dahyunnie: i'm about to go to sleep. 

dahyunnie: but why are you still up? it's already 2am. 

sana-chan: i usually can't sleep, dahyunnie. but that's another story for later. go to bed now! goodnight, dahyun-chan! 

i frowned as i remember i only met sana a few weeks back. i bumped into her, literally, while we were both rushing to our classes. i was running up the stairs when i ran into her while she was going down. the impact was so strong that i broke her glasses. we exchanged numbers so i can replace her broken specs (even though she already said a hundred times that it wasn't necessary to buy her new ones). we were both late but i didn't regret it because i got to meet and get the number of such a pretty girl. 

so, basically i still don't know a lot about sana. and i am gonna make a very impulsive decision. 

----- 

i sighed as i turned my phone off. maybe she already went to sleep. i stared up at my ceiling and hoped that sleep would just consume me now. but that was a case that never happened for a while now. my phone suddenly vibrated that startled me. i opened it and frowned in confusion. 

dahyunnie: open your door. 

sana-chan: why? 

dahyunnie: i'm outside. it's freezing here in the hallway wth 

my eyes widen in surprise as i abruptly removed my blanket and ran out of my room. i opened the front door of my apartment to be met with beautiful dark eyes and the smell of vanilla invading my senses. she smiled softly at me as she moved her hood down. 

----- 

"so, you just went out of your dorm." 

"yup." 

"ran all the way here." 

"yup." 

"just to help me sleep?" i looked up from dahyun's chest and stared at caring eyes. the room is lighten up by little moonlight seeping through my curtains. i'm cuddled up to her as she played with my hair. 

"yup." she said as she smiled softly at me. i buried my head in her chest as i felt my cheeks heat up. she held onto me tighter as i cuddled into her more. "may i ask why you have hard time sleeping?" i closed my eyes in content. i hummed as i softly nodded my head. 

"i was diagnosed with insomnia when my mother died." i stopped for awhile. inhaling vanilla as i try to get my thoughts together. "i can fall alseep but nightmares would always consume my mind the minute i close my eyes. it's always the same nightmare actually. the one were i saw my mother die right in front of my two eyes." i said while trying to calm myself down. tears started streaming down my face. i inhaled slowly as i felt dahyun pull me up to face her. her hand softly held my face as she wiped off the tears that streamed down my cheeks. 

"sshh, i already know enough now. let's go to sleep." she said as she pulled me closer. my head snuggling in her neck. i felt a pair of lips kissing my forehead as she continued to comb my hair with her delicate fingers. it was like lulling me to sleep as i felt my eyes become heavy. 

"you know, sana-chan." dahyun suddenly whispered into the silent room. 

"if you need help to sleep." my eyes are slowly closing. 

"just call me and i'll be out of my dorm, immediately." i finally gave in the sudden tiredness i felt once dahyun finished what she wanted to say. i was expecting the same scene to come once my eyes were closed. 

but i saw nothing. 

my eyes opened the next morning, 

with me in dahyun's arms, 

vanilla filling my senses. 

i finally had a peaceful sleep after ed up nights.