treasure

one-shots
"yoona?" i spoke, laced with surprise as my eyes widen at the sight. the said girl had her back against her car door, a cigarette in hand. her head snapped my way as she gave an equally surprised face. 

"yuri unnie?" she said with her voice going a pitch higher as i walk closer to her. i got a good glimpse of her face. bags under her eyes were evident and the usually bright smile she used to wear when i'm around was nowhere to be found. she was thinner than the last time i saw her. her face suddenly turned emotionless as she stared at me. "what are you doing here?" her voice was cold and sharp and i frowned to what happened to be the used-to-be bright younger girl. 

"my dad said to fetch whatever he ordered from you. i'm here to get it." i said bluntly as my eyes never left hers. she dropped her lit cigarette to the ground, stepping on it, her hands finding their way to the pocket of her leather jacket as she took out her keys. 

"why would you ever get involved with your dad's business, yuri-ah." the way her voice suddenly went softer made me frozen on my spot. feet glued to the ground as she opened her car's trunk. "you broke the promise." she took a small crate out of the trunk, lifting it and dropping it carefully on the ground next to me. i looked back at her. "huh, who was i to think you wouldn't break the promise. you're kwon yuri, after all, the rebellious kwon daughter." she faced me with a face i can barely read. it's like she's a book who is locked and hard to open to be even read. i frowned up at her. 

"i'm sorry." i said while looking down to my shoes, finding interest in it. i heard her sigh as i saw her walking over to her car. 

"appreciate the apology, but isn't it a little too late for that?" my head snapped back up at hers as i frown further. her back faced me as she held on the car door's handle. "would've appreciate it more if you kept that one promise. although, i already knew everything will go downhill when i knew about your little escapades with jessica while we were together." 

"i said i'm sorry." i said as she opened her car door. she looked back at me as she still wore that unreadable face. 

"like i said also, isn't it a little too late for an apology?" she said with her cold brown eyes glaring into mine. she became a completely different person. what surprised me even is that she is in the same business as my dad. a business that is dirty, bound to get blood all over somebody's hands. "stay safe and always be alerted. it's dangerous picking this as a job, yuri. i hope you know that." she said with finality in her voice. she was about to get in her car when i panicked and stopped her. 

"you were brighter before. what happened?" she stopped on her tracks and looked at me. there were so many words unspoken, problems never fixed and feelings never sorted. maybe, just maybe, this is the last time i'll get to talk to her. the last time i'll ever see her again. but the talk i so badly wanted to happen never came. her next set of words stunned me. 

"you happened and you left me." she said with a voice so cold that made my stomach sick. she had never spoke to me that way before. we just stared at each other for a while before she sighed and looked down. 

"i wish you the best, yuri." 

that was her last words before she entered her car. 

driving away. 

that was the last time i ever saw the beautiful young girl. 

last time i ever saw im yoona. 

the last time i saw the love of my life.