maybe not now

one-shots
"for 's sake, just talk to me, jeonghwa!" i held her wrist as i tugged it, making her turn around. i looked at her eyes as it looked everywhere but mine. "you can't even look at me straight in the eye. jeonghwa, what's wrong?" i said softer than my tone before that made her shaky eyes stop on mine. she looked as if she wanted to say something as she started frowning. but she didn’t utter a word as she just looked down to her shoes and her frown getting deeper. i never let go of her wrist as i waited for her to speak. 

"i... i... i'm sorry, unnie. i have to go." yes, she spoke. but, the words that spewed out  wasn't the one i wanted to hear. she tried to release her wrist from my grip but i only held on tighter. she looked up hesitantly. her eyes had tears that threatened to fall, i frowned at the sight. "hani. please." 

"i'm not letting you off like this." i said firmly as i walked closer to her. we were at the deserted alleyway where i found her alone. she ran out of amber's apartment, where the party we are supposed to be at right now, after whatever reason. i just had a feeling it has me involved in that reason as she can't even tell me what's bothering her. something was definitely off. 

"d-don't get any closer." she stuttered as she stumbled backwards. i didn't listen to her, though, as i walked closer to her. "i-i said d-don't!" she stammered, hitting the brick wall as i stopped walking closer once i got directly in front of her. 

"i'm not leaving until you tell me what's bothering you. i'm not leaving you in this state." 

"you're gonna still leave me anyway. why prolong the inevitable?" she said slowly; that made me frozen and glued on my spot. i looked at her eyes carefully to see a tear roll down her face. i was about to touch her face to wipe her tear away when she pulled her head to the side. i frowned again and held her chin softly and made her face me. 

"then let me rephrase that. i'm not leaving because i don't want you to go home like this." i said persistently as we just stared at each other's eyes. she suddenly shook her head. 

"just leave already. go back to amber's apartment. go back to tiffany unnie. i think she's waiting for you." she said as i didn't move from my place. 

"i'm not leaving my decisions firm and final." she ran her hand through her hair frustratingly and crossed her arms in front of her chest after. she sighed and looked up at me carefully as i was in a daze. how could a simple action make me want to... kiss her so bad? i made a conclusion long ago that i did like her in a way a friend shouldn't. i just didn't know or have a clue if she liked me back. i didn't realize i was staring at her lips and was slowly leaning in. why wasn't she pulling away though? 

"heeyeon..." i stopped to look up at her eyes. i could feel her hot breath on my face with our lips merely an inch away. i can't take it anymore. i gently held her cheeks pulling her and tasting her soft lips. she tasted like strawberries, mint mixed with fruity aroma invaded my senses. her flavor, her scent, her soft lips, her. just her. everything about her was intoxicating. no drug can make me as high as i'm feeling right now. i groaned as i felt her hand grab a fistful of my hair, slightly pulling it. it felt like heaven, but the feeling was cut off when she abruptly pulled away. 

"jeong...?" i whispered with uncertainty. her eyes were piercing through mine as a frown formed on her face again. 

"unnie, you know we can't." she said as her hand that was previously in my hair went down and rested on my shoulder. i frowned as i looked at her confused. 

"why-" 

"you're dating tiffany, heeyeon!" she cut me off and that made me look at her with wide eyes. , i totally forgot about tiffany. tears were pooling her eyes again as we stayed longer in this position. "we can't be together. we can't be here right now. we can't be in this position right now." she said with a shaky voice as a tear finally rolled down her cheek. "i really have to go." she pushed me off gently as she started walking away. "i hope you'll be happy with tiffany, unnie. i'll be back when i feel better. when i've forgotten about how much i love you." she said softly, staring back at me. my heart was slowly breaking from what is happening. just a minute ago we were kissing and now she is walking away. i don't damn know how to stop her. i don't damn know what to do. she sighed turning her back to me and walked away. 

she walked away. 

and i just watched her. 

she walked away. 

and i didn't do anything about it. 

she walked away. 

taking my broken heart with her. 

she walked away. 

never to be found the next day. 

she walked away

without a proper goodbye. 

she walked away

without me seeing her again after years. 

i thought i'll never see her again. 

but that, that was just a mere assumption.

 

 

a/n: should i post the second part?