can you stay now?

one-shots
cold coffee, oversized sweater and mind absent. i pushed up my circle-rimmed specs as i focus on the girl sitting in front of me. her pretty smile and crescent moon eyes were far from being displayed on her serious face. after 15 minutes of awkward silence she finally spoke. 

"i think we should part ways, hani." she softly said as i carefully look up, my eyes focusing on hers. "it's been 3 years since you last saw jeonghwa. and the last time i saw the real you." i froze at the mention of her name. those 3 years painfully went by without having a single trace of the girl. without having to see her. without having to talk to her. without having to hear her laugh. without having to see her smile. 

"i'm sorry." that was all i can mutter as i looked down on my untouched coffee. i felt bad. i tried acting like i'm happy around tiffany yet i was really empty. i tried forgetting her through my relationship with her. but i never really forgot park jeonghwa. 

"it's ok. i know how much you love her. i was just selfish i didn't want to let you go. i hope you find her one day." i looked at to see her smiling softly at me. "i'll see you around." she gathered her things and stood up, leaving. 

"i hope we can still be friends." i said as she passed by me. she stopped and looked back, smiling. she nodded her head and left. i sighed as i looked outside, drowning in loneliness. 

-- 

"yah!" i heard a girl shout as the peaceful place was disturbed by her shouting. she had short hair with a purple scarf around her neck. her black coat flying along the wind as she ran after, what i assume, is her dog. she looked awfully familiar though. the dog ran up to me and jumped on my lap. 

"hey." i whispered to the dog as it sat down on my lap while i patted its head. i looked up at the girl chasing after it and still couldn’t see her face clearly as her short hair covered it. i put my focus back on the dog as i  its fur. 

"mocha." the girl said puffing out breaths of air as i kept  the dog's fur. "sorry about her. she keeps running off every chance she gets." i froze as i heard her. her. i abruptly looked up and had wide eyes. 

"j-jeong...?" i stuttered as she smiled shyly. "is it... is it really you?" i put the dog down carefully on the bench as i stood up eyeing the other girl. my hand reaching up to her hair brushing it to the side. she looked at me smiling as i felt a tear roll down my cheek. she suddenly looked frantic as her hands went up to my cheeks, wiping the tear away. 

"hey, hey, hey, hey, hey. don't cry. i'm sorry i was gone for a long time." she said looking worried as she brushed my bangs to the side. she smiled at me as i held on to her hand. "i missed you." that was all i need before i pulled her in a tight embrace. 

"please don't ever leave me again. please tell me you're gonna stay after the following days. please tell me that you're ok now. but please tell me that you're feelings never changed." i started rambling out words as i hug her tighter. as if she was gonna disappear if i let go. maybe she will if i did let go. i'm not risking that. i felt her hug back as i heard her sigh. 

"i'm never leaving you alone again. i am sorry." she started  my hair as i relax in the embrace. relief washing over me as i always knew she always told me the truth. i trusted her. "and fortunately, my love for you never changed. i only got matured after i left." i felt more relieved after hearing that. i smiled as i felt complete with her being back to me. 

our hugging session was cut short when a dog barked loudly at us. we pulled away looking at mocha as it suddenly jumped off the bench and dashed off. i hear jeonghwa groan as she watched the dog. 

"ugh, not again." i only laughed before we chased after the hyper mocha.