Part I: 3– Attention Drawer

Different World: Genesis

The brother wasn't quite happy with who that stranger his sister got involved turned out to be. Like Lisa assumed, this guy was anything but a simple normal good citizen. The aura of this guy, which anyone could sense except for his sister, is dark enough to kill. He was probably a gang leader or some sort. The cuts on the so-called Hansung's lips were still visible but healing. Jimin put his phone away and walked past V to sit on the couch besides the hospital bed, without glancing at him once after.

"What are you planning to do after with your new identity?" He asked, loosening up his outer jacket as he sat down. He glanced up again, V scoffed and turned to this arrogant brother, with a an obvious forced smile on his face, showing his annoyance.

"Who knows? I am free to do anything I want right?" He asked and Jimin knew he was trying to push his limits, which he won't let him do as he pleases. In Seoul, Jimin did everything his way. If this Hansung wanted to have things in his way, well he better be leaving the country. 

"I admire your confidence and character. But if I were you, I wouldn't get too much into that." Jimin said and stood up. "You might not understand the reason I am here today." He approached V and leaned forward to whisper in his ear, "My patience isn't limitless like my authority. If I want you dead, you will be dead. In a place where you hold no power, I suggest you to go back where you come from and do you over there but not in here and especially not around her." He undusted V's shoulder and left a signed cheque in his hand, before smiling. 

Feeling insulted, his jaw tightened before he masked it with a laugh, bringing the cheque closer below his eyes, around shoulders level, "I put in the amount I want." He said and nodded. "Got it." He said and waved the cheque in the air. 

Jimin looked at him in the corner of his eyes before heading to the exit. "I expect you to be gone after tomorrow." V watched Jimin leaving the room, and the man on the phone behind the door attracted his attention. His brows knitted together. "Jin, can you help me go over to Chaeyoung's?" The brother said, but V was simply in his thoughts.  What was that guy doing here? That guy disappeared for several years, it is my chance to see him again... It has to be him. V thought to himself and Jin glanced into the room, to meet V's eyes. 

Sadly for Jimin, V wasn't the type to take orders from anyone. He was way too used to giving orders. And the more someone wanted him to do something, he would likely to do the opposite. He looked at the cheque again and let out a chuckle. Should he put in the amount that he had in his bank back home? He wonder if he had the money. He probably could have as much or even more because that guy seemed to own a quite influential business. He glanced around. Everything in this place operated with technology, he must say, he was quite impressed with this Seoul. Everything was a step or few more advanced than the city he grew up in. 

"Park Jimin... This guy must be someone related with Informative services... like a software producing company... a gaming company?" He looked at the patient chart and came into realization. Park Jimin... Park Chaeyoung. So he is the brother. And the blondie is probably the stingy guy's girlfriend. Suitable. Taehyung thought to himself and took out Rose's pen to write down a number on the cheque with a smile on the face. 

In any cases, V won't be leaving this place any time soon... so why not make his stay a little more comfortable and safe? He wanted to know why Kim SeokJin ended up in this place and disappeared for several years. V jumped on the hospital bed and inhaled, then started to stretched his arms, massaging his muscles that have been resting for way too long. Now he was ready for some clarifications. 

//

"Pasta..." Lisa called while laying on her bestfriend's bed. Rose was focused on the last paragraph of her last essay of the semester. 

"Hmm?" She simply did and pushed up her glasses before resting her chin on her palm again. Lisa the bed to now lay on her stomach. She stared right at Rose who was way too hardworking. The blond haired friend let out a sigh before she decided to leave her friend alone. If she did so, she should be done in.... she glanced at her white leather-band watch, which frame was decorated with small white gems. 'In 20 minutes.' Lisa thought and looked around the room.

Rose's room haven't change a bit since they moved in. Her room remained pretty minalist, with a black wall in the back, and the other were painted in white. The black wall hanged a painting she painted herself. Then the floor underneath the bed was covered with a white carpet. The desk was located besides the big window, and pictures of Lisa and her covered more than half of the wall, then there were pictures with Jimin, Jin. Lisa and Jimin both owned the 2 levels penthouse, which 4 people lived in: Rose, Jimin, Jin and Lisa. The second floor was separated into 2 sections, which none of them were allowed to cross to the other side. 

Then Lisa heard the door downstairs being unlocked with the system notifying the people in the house about someone entering the house. "I will be back." Lisa said and rushed downstairs to see who was coming home this early. When she saw Jin's shoes, she thanked heavens for allowing Jin to be home this early. She will have well-prepared and healthy dinner tonight! "Thank goodness it's you." Lisa said happily. Before he could speak up, the girl cut in, "Pasta's doing her paper, you don't need to worry." Jin bit his bottom lip and nodded. 

"I will be preparing dinner then." He glanced upstairs and headed to the kitchen followed by Lisa who will be helping out with any cutting, washing of vegetables and meats. 

When Rose was finally done with her last paragraph, she reviewed it one last time before submitting it online. She happily massaged her shoulders and when she turned to the bed, Lisa was no where to be found. She took off her glasses and decided to head downstairs. The kitchen was filled with water running in the sink, cutting sounds and boiling sounds, no talking. She popped her head into the kitchen to meet eyes to eyes with Jin. His lips curled into a smile. Chaeyoung signaled him to be silent before tiptoed to Lisa and wrapped her hands around her friend’s waist. 

“Pokpak!” She called and Lisa turned to her dear friend. 

“Now you remember me?” She pouted and Chaeyoung rested her head on her friend’s shoulder. “Luckily Jin came home, so I won’t die out of boredom and you won’t die of hunger.” Lisa held up a piece of marinated cucumber to her friend’s lips, which Rose ate, nodding. “Secret recipe to fast forward the marinating process.” She said and wiggled her eyebrows twice. Rose covered with her sleeve and laughed. 

“What is that?” She asked. Meanwhile Jin simply smiled at the scene, happy that although it was the end of the semester, they still managed to have fun and destress themselves. 

Jin since young had been a very quiet and silent person. Just like Rose. But with Lisa, she gets very talkative and loud and Jin simply loved watching from far. He didn’t have much to talk about and preferred it that way. He never felt like he was an out ast, but rather he felt like he was part of the family. It was just not in his character to talk. Jimin also was like that. While the girls were having their own fun, they watched and were entertained by their craziness. 

"Oppa, why are you home early today?" She asked and Jin turned to her and replied with a shrug.

"Jimin doesn't need me today." He said and Lisa tsked in disapproval, shaking her head at his answer.

"There is no way. We all know that your responsibilities are as big as Jimin, there was no way he wouldn't need you..." Lisa turned to him, teasing Jin, "Maybe something more important than work, like someone..." She said and Rose turned to Jin in surprise, curious about who it could be.

"There is no such thing." Jin said and handed a bowl to each of them filled with freshly prepared soup which could help their late night of studying. They each took a sip and nodded in approval. Rose gave him a thumbup which Jin thanked her with a smile. Despite what people believe of Jimin and Jin, they were involved in everything but illegal activities because that was their motto they lived in. At first, Lisa was skeptical about their businesses but after a whole year of investigation before she started dating Jimin, she can 100% assure anyone that there aren't anything illegal being done in the company. The reason for their success was really because of the involvement of technology and softwares in their everyday lives. A gaming company offered the best software productions that helped the city's technological advancement, although Japan was still in the lead, they were getting somewhere. 

Despite this, Jimin's way of handling his sister and Lisa's affairs could often be misunderstood. And Lisa could see where it came from, and it was because of the childhood both Rose and him went through. Before reaching success, Jimin and Rose had a very tough and harsh childhood that needed Jimin to protect his sister and himself. Luckily Jin joined to help them later on. 

Rose was suddenly worried about Lisa's silence. She waved at her friend who shook her head and turned to Chaeyoung. "What is wrong? Is it too good?" She asked and Lisa nodded. 

"Alright stop teasing me, it's making me uncomfortable, both of you." Jin said and the two of them apologized. Just then, Jimin entered the house and threw himself on the couch after a long day at work, trying to fix a software that suddenly went wrong. He knew someone was trying to get their hands onto their still developing new software that will be launching by the end of 2019. 

"Mango~" Lisa called while Rose and Jin looked at each other, knowing they will have to keep their distance if they don't want to be caught in an awkward situation where Jimin and Lisa are flirting. Jimin landed a kiss on Lisa's forehead while the girlfriend smiled back. "Tired?" She asked and Jimin nodded. Jin poured some soup in a bowl and Rose brought it to Jimin who was sitting in the living room. 

'Did it go well?' Lisa asked in a low whisper and Jimin nodded, smiling, eyed Rose who was coming. 

"Oppa, Jin oppa made this, it will help you get rid of your tiredness." She said and happily handed the bowl to her brother. Lisa was extremely relieved that the gangster had been chased away, and luckily for Rose's personality, she would forget aboout him by next week. Knowing exactly what his girlfriend was thinking about, Jimin patted her back, letting out a relieved sigh.

//

Today was the day Hansung was getting discharged from the hospital, as a final farewell, Rose wanted to wish him the best luck in everything that comes to his way. Yet, when she arrived at his hospital room, he was already gone, leaving the room vacant. She adjusted the bag from her right shoulder and continued her way to school. Today Lisa has her own project to do. In order to be focused entirely on their work, Lisa decided to be working at the hospital's library while Rose will be heading to school. 

Chaeyoung was currently enrolled in the architecture program and took different elective this semester to get them done. As a final project, which she was 3/4 done, she was designing a hotel in a software on her computer. She was glad that she started this project early during the semester and continued to work on it throughout it. Now she simply needed to touch up the places she didn't like and redesign some places here and there. The trickiest part was the hotel rooms which she wasn't completely satisfied with. 

She promised Lisa to be home before it gets dark, so Lisa didn't have to come pick her up. Rose was wearing an off-white hoodie, and like always when she is working on papers or projects, she wore her golden-framed glasses. At exactly 5:30, her alarm rang and it was time for her to head home. While packing up, she noticed the students that gathered around the windows whispering among them. The library was pretty full, around the end of the semester, and when people do start to whisper, it was noisy.

She arranged her messy hair, pushed up her glasses before she started to walk to the entrance of the school. What was beautiful about the campus she was in, Seoul National School of Sciences and Arts, was the sets of stairs at the main entrance, after the main gate. The sun was finally out for the first time after the rain season was passing, and as soon as she stepped out, she noticed the female students whispering among their friends, excited over something. With a light frown on her face, Chaeyoung continued her way down the stairs then through the gates. 

Her phone started to ring. "Hello?"

"Pasta, you're on your way home right?" Lisa asked on the phone. Rose rolled her eyes and smiled.

"Yes. Who would dare breaking a promise with Mrs. Lalisa? Not me." She said. 

"Alright, I will order us something good, to reward us for the good day of work. I will be home a little later than planned though, my father wants to talk to me for a bit." Her friend told her. Rose noticed people staring right at her. "Alright, see you my Pasta~ Kisses." 

"Kisses." Rose said and ended the call. She cleared , pushing up her glasses nervously before she took a step, to quickly escape the students' line of vision, someone pulled her backward, making her head hit someone's shoulder.

"I have been waiting for you." She heard a male voice say to her right ear. A familiar voice... She turned and saw Hansung lips curled up lightly into a smile, saluting her. "We meet again." He said and pushed up his sunglasses. Rose noticed the students that were staring... So they were staring at him, not her, she thought in relief. But still, this was getting uncomfortable...