Part I: 2– Hiding Place

Different World: Genesis

The man was brought to a room, not any sorta a room, a VIP room and Rose was, once again, following. The patient was still under aneasthesia and was sleeping with the curtains of the room closed. On the other side, the doctor, Dr. Bisch, was looked through the scans. Lisa popped her head behind the Dr. and tsked in disapproval, shaking her head. Rose was curious about what Lisa was looking at and popped her head on the other side of the doctor. 

"Yah.... Look how unhealthy he is. No wonder he was almost dead." Lisa commented and the doctor nodded. 

"Your friend..." The doctor said and Lisa shook her head and directed his attention to Rose, who after all, was the only one who would want to know his condition. "Your friend passed the critical stage, and looking at the several tests we made on him, there were a few reasons why he turned out this way tonight. There are several untreated bone fractures dating from old to recent on his ribs. Then it seems like he puts himself through long hours of work, and his eating schedule and habits aren't necessarily the best, which started to affect the body's recovery pace. But don't worry, with the sleep he will be able to get tonight, and a little supplement and rest, these problems will go away. However..." He showed the bullet taken out from his lower abdomen area. "This bullet is not a brand nor types to be used here. He might be someone from oversea yet, we still hold no records of him anywhere."

Lisa looked at Rose. From here, it was up to her to see what she will do. "He is an orphan that never had a chance to register into the system... He got a little carried away being able to meet up..." Rose lied and Lisa blankly stared at her. Good grace, her friend was way too into her heroic act. "I will have him register as soon as he wakes up." The doctor nodded and left them. 

"Park Chaeyoung, you're gonna take on the responsibilities of that...?" Lisa pointed at the man behind the curtains. "We don't even know where he came from, what his intentions are and who the heck is after him. You might be putting yourself in danger right now." The friend lectured. Rose lowered her eyes and then looked back up again to the unconscious man.

"He doesn't look like a bad person right?" The naive girl asked. Oh trust me he does look like everything but good. Lisa thought but didn't say it out loud to not upset her friend. "I mean, the laws doesn't forbid people from getting an identity if they don't have one right? With the Internation Constitution signed between countries, we cannot discriminate someone who doesn't own an identity." Rose continued and the friend lifted up her hands in surrender. 

"When it comes to laws, I can't stand a chance Pasta." She said and Rose let out a laugh. Her father and sister used to go on and on about different laws of different countries, which explains her deep knowledge in laws. Pasta was also a name given to her by Lisa because of Rose's soft heart and physical features. "Alright, now that this guy's fine, can we go now?" Asked the heiress after receiving a text from Mr. Caspari about the car that is parked at the entrance of the hospital. Chaeyoung nodded and left the room with her friend. 

When the two friends got out of the hospital, they headed to the cafe that they intended to go. Since now they were near the place, they could just head there now. Luckily they lived close to the hospital.

\\\

“It seems like the patient is getting better, now that the anesthesia has completely left his body, he should be waking up soon.” A voice said besides him. “Precribe painkillers and have a file created for him once young miss arrives.” Once he was completely alone, sure that everyone were far enough, V opened his eyes, and blinked a few times. His vision was blurry and his entire body was wrecked and in pain. 

Where the **** am I? He asked himself and found that he was having trouble to speak too. His eyes got used to the light of the room, it was daytime but cloudy. The room he was in was quite big and there was a fridge and TV too. Not only that, the light was built into the ceiling. The window on his right covered the entire wall, providing a pretty nice view of the city.... Wait. Since when was there so many glass skyscrapers?! Since when was the N tower covered?! Alright. 

Taehyung tried to remember what happened.... he looked on his right to see the patient file. “15th March, 2019...” He read in his head. “Name: unknown, no profile recorded in the system nor overseas....” Last time he checked, he was a Korean citizen with an ID number. “National Medical Centre...” He read and there he knew the place he wasn’t currently in was Seoul, although it did look like it. It was impossible that he is in the North, so where was he? 

He was injured after that Kwon Sanggyu messed up, and now had put HIM in danger. The entire underground city is after him because of an order above. While he was in the forrest... right. He ran into a random girl who saved him...

“Pasta, aren’t you getting a little too concerned over this stranger?” Asked a female voice and quickly, V put away the patient’s chart and laid back down, closing his eyes, acting as if he was still asleep.

Rose and Lisa entered the room, which of course Lisa didn’t really want to come she couldn’t tell her friend to come here alone. “The man’s been asleep for over 5 days, it is our responsibilities to check on him. We’re the ones who brought him here.” Chaeyoung tried to talk it out to her friend.

”Rosie, you’re the one who wanted to bring him here. So it is your responsibilities.” She corrected. “I didn’t want to do nothing.” Rose tried to comfort her friend and appease her. They stepped into the room and Rose walked up to the bed, a soft scent of detergent hit Taehyung’s nostrils.

“He must be really tired, he haven’t move a single bit since he was hospitalized.” She commented and the slight foreign accent was noticed everytime she pronounced Korean words. Her voice was quite unique to the ear and almost melodious. “Right. The doctor said he should be waking up soon, let me go get the documents.” She went to get the papers that the stranger will need to fill out once he wakes up. 

Lisa watched Rose leave the room and turned back to the man on the hospital bed. “Are you done acting like you’re dead?” She asked and V opened his eyes, since he got caught, to see a girl with blond hair, big eyes, with dark long lashes glaring at him. He sat up. She got an accent too. She was glaring at him, and not even for a second blinked. 

‘Better to act dumb in case they are acting...’ He thought to himself. 

“Now you’re going to act dumb?” Lisa guessed. How hateful she is! Taehyung thought and rolled his eyes in his head but continued to stare back at her. 

“You’re the one who saved me?” He asked, although he was sure that from this girl’s personality and aura, she couldn’t possibly be the one who saved him. Yet he asked just to make sure. He noticed the dry throat that made his voice come out cracked.

“Don’t worry. I would probably be the one who would drive over your body...” She coldly replied and V remained silent. How sassy she was and V needed to control his facial expression to not ahow the annoyance that was building in him. V was someone who was well-feared in Seoul, and not a single woman would dare to say a single word to him. And he would hit women if he needed to.

”Laliz... your father is looking for you...” She stopped talking and noticed the man finally awake. She quickly fell silent, although she felt extremely relieved that he was well and conscious now. Lisa didn’t have much time to warn her friend from this guy and had to go meet her father and explain everything from A to Z, if she wanted to prevent herself from being grounded. 

Rose turned and tried to follow Lisa out but her bestfriend already disappeared. She bit her lips and mentally cried for help. She turned back to the stranger, whom might feel uncomfortable for her reaction, and she apologized with a bow of her head. “I’m sorry... I...” She didn’t succeed to explain herself without sounding to rude so she simply finished by pointing at the direction Lisa went.

He must admit her voice was quite unique and pleasant to the ears. Her long black hair that reached her her lower back framed her petite figure and face so perfectly, complementing her pale skin. She was wearing a pair of golden-framed glasses which didn’t hide her big sparkly eyes.

“Ah...” She spoke and held up the documents in her hands. “These are for you...” She said and approached the bed, but still maintained a decent distance, enough for her to hand the papers to him. She didn’t know how to explain to him everything from the moment she found him to his identity that couldn’t be found anywhere in the system.... She didn’t want to make him feel bad either for not having an identity. “I will give you some privacy.” She said, turned and was about to run away to the hallway, before his deep voice stopped her. 

“Wait.” He said and she turned back to him. He motioned a writing  action. “Pen.” He said and Rose’s realized she indeed forgot to give him a pen. From her bag hanging on her right shoulder, she took out a pink pen and held it to V. She bowed again and this time suceeded into reaching the hallway without being stopped. 

Taehyung let out a chuckle before looking at the documents she gave him. “Seoul, Korea.... Demand for an ID...” He read. Now something must definitely be wrong somewhere. It has to be. He looked at the door. The girl from earlier doesn’t seem helpful and doesn’t seem like she would tell him anything... if she did anything it would probably handing him to the ones after his and he bet she won’t even feel bad about it. But the other one... she seem to be very kind. He could get some important information of the place he was in... IF he gets to be alone with her.

Rose was patiently waiting outside of the room, in the hallway, and waited for a while until she decided to go see if he was done so she could have the documents being processed. 

She popped her head through the curtains, “E...Excuse me for bothering you...” She said in a shy voice, almost silent. “Did you finish filling the papers out?” She asked before he answered, Lisa aas heading back already. He handed the papers to Rose. 

Once inside the room, Lisa wasn’t please to see Rose already starting to interact wit that stranger who is concealing his identity as a gangster. “He filled those paper out? Good. Now we’re done with him. We’re leaving.” She pulled her friend away and Rose simply followed, wondering why Lisa was so defensive against the stranger. Although she could guess her worries: the man was nevertheless a stranger, it was normal for Lisa to be on her guard. Well since now she had done the last thing she could do for the stranger, there wasn’t a need to do more.

The recovery process of V took longer than he thought it would. As for Rose, she happens to come by whenever he was away for a test to be done. V was sitting by the couch in his room and took out the pen that he borrowed from Rose. He needed to know where he was, in this place called Seoul. It was impossible that no one’s looking for him. At least not after that Kwon Sanggyu screwed up. And Rose was the only one from whom would be the easiest to find everything out. He went up to his patient file on the bed and looked through it carefully. 

“Park Chaeyoung, Roseanne.” He read out what he was looking for. “x-xxx-xxx-xxxx.” The phone number structures definitely were different; he memorized the number and put the patient chart away. Since that girl signed most of his papers, as a witness and testifier, it shouldn’t be hard to find her. He walked out to the nurse’s desk whom spoke before he could ask for what he was looking for.

”Oh. Mr. Han, this is what Mrs. Park left for you this morning when you were away for a CT scan.” She held a bag to him. 

“Ah... Also, do you know where I can find her during the day?” He asked and seeing the hesitation in the nurse’s eyes, he knew she definitely knew where Park Chaeyoung was, and also knew how to reach her. “Since I am new to this city, I don’t really know the directions and the transportation... I also don’t own any phone... it is quite hard you know.” He said, trying to pull the empathy card from the nurse and it worked.

”Mrs Park usually is at school at this time, she is quite busy with due dates coming up, but you can usually find her at her school.” The nurse explained. He was told by the doctor that he could get discharged from the hospital after tomorrow. He thanked the nurse and head back to his room with the bag he was given to.

He read the little note in the bag, “Hi, this is the last thing I can do for you, here are some clothes you could wear when you get; and there are also your legal documents. Take care.” It wrote and V took a look in the bag. He took his ID card, with it, he can move around freely. Taehyung wasn’t in a hurry to go back to the place he came from, but he still wanted to know where he was. He will probably have to stay in this new Seoul, his hideout, for quite a while before he could show up in Seoul (the one he came from) again.

”Lalice told me about this guy that Chaeyoung got involved with... I need to see him myself.” Jimin entered the room and Taehyung turned to the guest that, from V’s opinion, was as bothersome as that blond haired girl. 

The gangster gave the brother an uninterested look before looking away and putting the bag under the bed. “Mr. Han was it?” Now what? V asked himself and turned to face the guest again, yet, he didn’t greet him like Jimin didn’t either. And he simply stared at him so he can get straight to the point.