Part I: 4– New Guest

Different World: Genesis

EARLIER

Jimin was in his office, finishing up looking through the last project proposal when he received a notification on his phone: withdrawal of $5M (approx. 4.3K Million Won). Rose's brother let out a scoff and put the phone away. If that guy wasn't a gangster Jimin would really consider hiring him into the company and allow him to work as a project manager. Someone never had the audacity to withdraw an amount higher than few hundred thousands. And V managed to set the ultimate record. He must add that he was a little impressed.

"Something good happened?" Jin asked and Jimin nodded with a light smile on his face.

"Got rid of a potentially interesting pest." He replied. 

"It's the first time I ever heard you compliment and insult someone in one single sentence." Jin teased his friend and the brother shrugged. "Nevertheless, we have to head to the lab." His partner reminded him and the two of them, who shared the same office, stood up to head to the lab where the newest software of the company was being tested out. 

"Right, Hyung, the last project innovation proposal that we took interest in, I found one better." Jin shrugged.

"You have the best eye for these sort of things. You take on the lead." Seokjin commented which led Jimin playfully nudged his brother and friend before they proceeded to the R&D Department. 

//

Chaeyoung's blank expression made V wonder if his tricks worked. Before he could even think of another possibility, Rose pushed him and ran away. Seeing the nosy pests around them, Taehyung realized where it went wrong. His tricks worked on those who... were a little too desperate and pitiful. The tricks were used on those women who worked in clubs, under some gang leaders, from whom he could get information from. Yet... He stared at Chaeyoung's back, escaping the scene. Park Chaeyoung was afraid of attention. And charming her won't work... To get her to help him and befriend him, he needed to play another card he never played: the empathy card.

He hopped onto his new car, a 4x4, with the newest functions and leather seats, (do not ask where he got his driver license) and chased after Rose.

Rose had her head lowered, her chin almost touching her chest. When she finally was far enough from school, she realized the last rush hour bus had already passed and the next wouldn't be here until after 40 minutes of waiting. Since she already missed her bus, she decided to walk to the next station until the 40 minutes countdown was up. She simply hoped Hansung didn't feel offended and that, Lisa would be home after her! She was having all these thoughts, and without realizing, she started bitting her nails. 

"Park Chaeyoung-shi." She heard and she turned to find V rushing towards her. This time, he didn't wear his black shirt, and suits pants, leather shoes and sunglasses. But he was wearing the hoodie she got from Jimin's unused clothes. Before she could escape again, he pulled her by the arm, and assured her, "I'm sorry, I forgot I wasn't home and my behaviour completely scared you away." He said and Chaeyoung's arm relaxed, V then knew she wasn't planning to run away anymore. He released his grip and caught his breath. "I came here to find you today because I wanted to thank you. Your friend, your brother and yourself for the amazing help you have given me." He said and turned to the car. "Your brother was kind enough to borrow his car to me, and giving me other clothes so I don't leave with only one outfit." 

Rose's expression soften, and she was extremely happy that her brother went all the way to help this stranger that she hoped she could help as much as possible. Jimin even did it without bragging to her about it which was even more rewarding to Chaeyoung's opinion. "Ah..." Rose spoke up, realizing she haven't said a single word yet. "...I... I'm sorry for running away earlier.." She said and cleared , not used to be talking to a man she barely knew. She took a step back to maintain a comfortable distance between Hansung and herself. "People were watching..."

"Don't worry about it. I understand." V assured her. 

"So... Are you here to say your goodbyes?" She asked. "I went to say my last farewell to you today but you already left..." She then open her bag and took out a card. "I hope you the best in everything you do, with your citizensip and good health." She told him and bowed at him. Hansung's fake smile that he put on his face slowly faded away. He glanced down at the card, a handmade card, with a watercolor painting on the cover. To: Hansung-shi. He read. She straightened her back and smled at him. "So what will you do from now?" She asked and V blinked a few times before he pressed his lips together. 

"Euh..." He started to say, still taken aback from the kindness of the girl, but he shook the guilt he suddenly felt and said, "You see... all these were offered by your kindness and your brother's kindness, yet, I am really an orphan and have no place to go despite everything I have now. I don't have a place to sleep, to put these... I can simply return them to you... Maybe allow me to keep this hoodie?" He forced a sad smile, and paid attention to Rose's facial expression.

Her eyes glistened and nibbled on her bottom lip, showing that she was thinking about something. "We have a guest room at our place. I am sure no one would mind taking you in, to help you, until you are able to go on your way." She said. But V's expression sadden.

"I.. I don't know how long it will tae though. I have barely anything on my CV, and without mentioning the poor academics..."

"Don't worry. Take you time in everything. My brother Jimin, my good friend Lisa whom helped you, and kind-hearted Jin are all kind people who wouldn't hesitate to help you. And I will help you the best I can." She assured. "Don't feel pressured with rent, we won't ask for it. And for a job, everything has to start somewhere. Someone will find the potential in you and will hire you." She said and patted his shoulder, smiling genuinely at him so he doesn't feel like the world was ending, and trying to comfort him. 

V smiled, took a step forward, passed an arm around her small waist, hugging her and told her, "Thank you." Wait... Wasn't he a little too into this act? He thought to himself.

'He must really have led a hard life until now... probably alone too since no one had paid him visit nor asked for him once since I met him...' Rose thought and patted his back. "Don't worry, everything will be fine." She assured him. Then she pushed him away, "Alright let's head to your new place." She said and V realized he was really out of his mind! Who would hold onto a girl and forgt to release her.... ARGH. This place is driving me nuts already! He yelled at himself in frustration, but his face showed a different expression. He offered her a drive, to also ease up the awkward feeling he was suddenly feeling, and she kindly accepted his offer.

"I am surprised you were able to transfer your driver license here." V let out a nervous laugh and nodded.

"Yeah. It was the only thing they could finally find after a long process of not finding anything.." He replied and Rose, luckily, didn't question anything further, which V was thankful for since he wouldn't know how to explain if she were to ask more. The rest of the drive was completely done in silence. After entering the address in the GPS, Rose haven't spoken anymore. V realized that apart from words of comforts, offers of help, Rose wouldn't say more than those. Nothing about herself, which he didn't mind of course. A lot of girls loved to go on and on about their lives and themselves which was completely annoying. 

Arriving at the security booth, at the gate of a community of penthouses, Hansung was looked for a way to convince the security guard... Rose slid the windows down. "Mr. Lee!" She waved and the security approached the car and smiled back at the girl. 

"Chaeyoung-ah, is that your boyfriend?" He teased and greeted V whom bowed his head in return. 

"Nope, he is someone who will be staying with us for a while. A guest at our house, his name is Hansung." She explained in honesty which made V feel a little awkward. He really thought she would simply go with the boyfriend plan... which obviously would be easier. Or was it. How straightforward and honest was she...? 

"I see! Welcome Hansung! If you're Chaeyoung's friend, you're mine too!" The security greeted and the gates were opened, allowing him to enter, and park in the parking lot. "See you Chaeyoung, come down and have some tea with me."

"Will do!" Chaeyoung said and waved at the old man before she closed the window and looked in front of her. V nodded and continued. Well, seems like he could really count on her, now there was only the stingy brother and girlfriend to take care of. V thought to himself in silence. 

"You seem to be very close to people around." V commented as he parked his car in an empty parking spot. Rose turned to him with a smile still plastered on her face from her little cheerful conversation with the security guard earlier, which slowly faded.

"Hmm..." She thought. "Everyone around the neighbourhood are very kind. You will see how everyone is kind here." She said and V could only think to himself: Kind. To you maybe but not to me. He ironically thought and when he switched the car on park, and like the gentleman Kim Taehyung was to any ladies, hopped out of the car, but before he could even head to the other side to open up the door for Chaeyoung, she was already out, holding onto the luggage bag. He must admit, he really didn't know how to react to this and was really flustered by it. 

"I can hold it myself..." He told her but Rose explained that he was a guest and it is a duty of a house owner to do the work. He didn't insist further since Rose didn't seem like the one who would give up any opportunity to help anyone. Gosh, this was the reason why he never approached dull and kind people. He thought to himself. If she was like any other people he met, or even like the blond-headed, he wouldn't be doing everything aimlessly, and would be confident enough in how to approach her to get the information and trust he needed. But Park Chaeyoung was one of a kind. He cannot guess anything beyond what was happening now. And he hated this.

"Here. This is the identification key to get you through the gates, whenever you drive, head out of the building and access the lobby then the elevators. To access the house’s password pad you need it too before you enter the password." She said and they were greeted by a security guard that was stationned at the main lobby. The entire floor was made of white polished procelain, decorated with a dropping-ceiling, accented with some black color, while the walls were also polished in porcelain, in an off-white color. By the walls were different on-wall black shelves with plants and vases on them. V nodded at the nicely decorated lobby.

"Oh? Chaeyoung-ah! Coming back from school?" Asked Mr. Clark. "And with a boyfriend?" He teased and Rose quickly corrected the security guard.

"No..No. This is my guest whom will be staying with us for a while, his name is Hansung." She turned to V. "Hansung-shi, this is our head security, Mr. Clark." She introduced and V bowed but he was greeted with a friendly hug from the old man, around his height. He cleared his throat, covering the uncomfortable feeling in him and smiled. 

"Nice to meet you.” V said and bowed, the security stared right into his eyes, which Hansung could only hold his stare. ‘Are everyone going to want to put me in jail?’ He thought and the security turned back to Rose. 

“He’s pretty good.” He continued with the teasings which made the young lady apologized to V because of the security’s random remarks; and she didn’t have nuch choices but to continued on their way before it gets worst. 

She held the key to him. “Before we got interrupted.” He looked at her and bowed his head, before taking it.

//

Lisa went to buy Rose’s favourite mango desserts at their favourite hangout spot, and was especially excited to give them to her. Jimin who had finished most of their newest project proposals and approved the second development process of a new software, offered to pick her up. Once seeing his car, she waved at him with a bright smile which in return made Jimin smile back. 

“Oppa!” She called and Jimin parked the car on the side before he got out to help her with her schoolbag, portfolio she was holding and let her hold onto her dear desserts. Lisa never called anyone “oppa” but only Jimin. Although Jin was older, Lisa never called him this way, but only calling him Jin directly.

“Tired?” He asked and she pouted. He landed a kiss on her forehead and comforted her with a hug. “You’ve worked hard.” He encouraged her and Lisa passed her arms around his waist and smiled.

Once inside the car, Jimin didn’t forget to mention to his girlfriend about Hansung’s situation. “Hopefully he will be forever gone. I really have a bad feeling about him.” Lisa commented and the brother nodded.

”He has to be gone or what would he have done with $5M.” He assured, while his eyes focused on the road indifferently.

They both knew they won’t be able to always shelter their dear Chaeyoung forever, but nevertheless, she was a fragile girl whom is afraid of betrayals from people she grew attached to. Lisa who had known her forever and Jimin who was her brother, both didn’t want to see a Rose that had lost her smile, because it had been the scariest thing that happened.

The couple arrived at the gate and was greeted by the security. Chaeyoung loved talking with the security guards because the first time she moved here, she got along with them with a simple hello. A really weird girl but kind. From her socials with the security guards, Jimin, Lisa and Jin were able to trust the security guards for guarding the gates. “Oh, have a fun time with the guest!” They heard. Lisa and Jimin questioned amongst them about what he possibly meant, but they didn’t let this weird announcement affect them and wuickly chase any doubts from their minds. 

//

“This is one of the guest rooms, the other 2 are not really convenient for you to stay too long so this one should be more comfortable and you will also have your own bathroom which you can have your own privacy.” She said and placed the luggage bag on top of the dark brown reddish empty desk. “Ah, let me get you some toiletries, there should be new towels in there. I will be back.”

Hansung’s room was located on the first floor, which he didn’t mind. He must admit that he was a little surprised that they weren’t living in a mansion, but a rather simple not too extravagant penthouse although it wasn’t the least expensive. Someone seemed to have scanned the card at the door. V leisurely walked out with a mischievous smile on his face, his hands in his pants’ pockets, then leaned against the wall adjacent to the entrance. 

Once the door unlocked, as the door opened, Lisa called out, “Pasta~ We’re....” She completely froze on the spot, with her eyes wide opened. Goodness... She thought. Jimin came up behind her and his jaws clenched together while his eyes became menacing.