Part I: 6– Each "Sides" their Problems

Different World: Genesis

Despite Hansung's efforts to approach Jin for the last several days, it seemed like the oldest brother was avoiding him at all cost, which confirmed Taehyung's suspicions. And meanwhile, when he wanted to talk with Rose and asked her about everything about this world, but he realized how Jimin's girlfriend is always around her. Like today, the last day before Park Chaeyoung needed to hand in her project in a few days, she was in the house, editing the last bits of her hotel rooms, while Lisa was in front of her, sitting on the other side of the kitchen counter. Hansung was in the living room, from where he could easily looked towards Rose's directions, but also being easily spotted by Lisa. 

Taehyung was impatiently waiting for an opportunity, where Lisa could go somewhere else, outside of the house at least! For the last couple of days, V had been staying indoors and he was about to go crazy. Never, back to the Seoul he lived in, did he stay home for more than 30 minutes. He was constantly doing something and moving (like chasing after other punks, and threatening other gangs who have stepped into his territory, on the run from the police and gangsters...). Even himself couldn't believe himself now.

Lisa was feeding Rose some mangoes while Taehyung was rinsing his mouth with the water he was drinking because of how impatient he was getting or blowing out his cheeks when he was drinking any water. There he couldn't just remain sitting and so went to the washrooms because of the amount of water he drank. Then, the bestfriend's phone started to ring as V came back from his bathroom break. He glanced back over his shoulder and thought, 'Finally...' He turned back and looked towards Rose's direction who was already looking at him.

He blinked a few times, wondering why she was staring at him. The women that usually stare at him all had ulterior motives like either trying to get his attention, seduce him, get information from him for another gangster, or any of the sort. But her gaze was dull and simple, she wasn't plotting anything in her head. "Are you..." Before he asked anything to break the silence that wouldn't end unless he spoke up, Lisa exlaimed.

"Pasta, remember the event we will be attending next week? I need to go get some stuff fixed..." There she remembered that guy was here... There she waited for Chaeyoung to suggest the most amazing idea.

"Oh right, we shouldn't leave Hansung alone here, how about he joins us? He will be able to meet people." Rose said and there her friend wondered for a second. If he met other people, other businessmen and potentially interesting people, perhaps he would leave and go get some business done... That was a plan. Of course, she was Brushweiler's daughter, a doctor that saved a lot of people gaining their respects, it wouldn't be hard to obtain another ticket. And it would cause less attention if it was Lisa who did it instead of Rose.

She nodded, "Sure. Ah, Pasta, I have to head to Mango's office now for our lunch date. Will you be fine on your own? You can come with us if you want." She eyed Taehyung, not completely at ease leaving her friend with him, but she had to admit that he never attempted anything on her friend which was starting to relieve her, yet she didn't want to let her guard down too much. However, Rose was able to defend herself and if he hurted her, she would let him. It was time to be less protective of her friend. 

"Of course I am fine, and I won't be if I have to be a third wheel. I will be showing Hansung-shi around the city then since he haven't been out for almost 2 weeks." Chaeyoung suggested and Lisa nodded in approval. Rose was close with the security guards and elderly neighbours. The sister packed everything and put everything in her bag, done for the semester and excitingly went to change into her a T-Shirt and a military green hoodie over her t-shirt. She tied up her hair and kept her glasses on. 

While Rose went to change, Lisa turned to Taehyung. "Don't try to do anything sketchy." She warned him and V scoffed. 

"Who do you think I am?" He asked and quickly regretted asking the question, except for Rose and Jin, the other 2 were dead onto the idea that he was a ruthless gangster that hit everyone, dealt with drugs, sleep with women.... Part of those things were indeed true, but he was more than a simple gangster, he had to... Aie, whatever. He rolled his eyes at their prejudices. Argghh, he didn't want to think too much about it, he will simply do him. "I am not interesting in doing anything alright? If I wanted to I wouldn't wait until now, and will start off by killing your boyfriend and you off first before peacefully do everything I want." He said and Lisa glared at him, but knew he wasn't lying. At least.

"PASTA~ I'M LEAVING!" Rose ran down the stairs and went to give Lisa a peck on her cheek, hugging her around the waist. Taehyun could simply turn away from the awkward scene, Why did it feel like he was intruding this moment and was being a third wheel. He cleared his throat, finding a point on the ceiling to simply stare at it. "Hansung, remember." Lisa said and left. Finally. Taehyung thought and he turned to Rose who was, once again, wearing a hoodie. Then to top everything, she wore a small backpack.

V wore a grey sweater over his light blue (almost white) top and his black tie, and wore a simple pants and a pair of grey leather slip-ons, then a pair of dark-framed lenseless glasses. She didn't really pay attention to what exactly he was wearing too much, she was pretty indifferent and dull with everything around her, and focused on the person only, nothing else. Not the looks/appearances, the background, benefits. 

//

"Hyung, all the assymblymen and congressmen, from the other side, running for presidency are causing enough troubles on the other side, it will be a headache on next week's event." Jimin said and the two let out a sigh.

Their gaming company had always helped into the development of newer technology and improving existing one. For 2 generations now, Jimin's families had always been independent and never allowed anyone to take control over their businesses and that was the agreement for them to move into Genesis' Seoul with the Son's Group. But with the tensions that are coming from the runners for the Presidential elections, they will have some troubles.

On the "other side", the Son Group were the highly influential IT company, but Jimin's family was the mastermind behind it, the ruler of technology, with his R&D Department already on their next project, about to launch by the end of the year, while the other side was still adjusting to their previous software. The city itself already caught up a lot of other countries based on their advancements and knowledge. Yet, their goal was to simply Research and Develop, not becoming the world's #1. Park Jimin and like his father and gandfather, never liked the ideas of being controlled by others, which was why they have decided to move to Genesis and remained since then. They were able to be free from any of the people who wanted to use their knowledge and technology to control the world.

Genesis was a place obtained by the technological innovation of the higher society, which Park Jimin and Lisa were unofficially part of, able to grant anyone from the "other side" where Kim Taehyung came form, the power, the status and authority they seek. Was Genesis a fake world? No. Genesis is an actual city, hidden by a few thousands acres of trees, then with the technology developed by Park Jimin's grandfather, used to create a double illusion of the forrest, to mask the entrance of the city. Genesis, Seoul Korea, was in Seoul, but the city itself was sort of like a snowglobe, owned by Park Jimin. 

Were people from the Higher Society all aware of Genesis? No. The Higher Society was a big community that gathers all weathy and powerful people, lawyers, doctors, businessmen, political figures, actress/actors, you name it. Genesis was the fruit of technological innovations, which specifically falls under the business branch, and from that branch extending to IT. Son Group so far was the only one to know about it, and Jimin wouldn't say the Son Group's new CEO was that trustworthy like any other previous chairmans nor their allies, but they were helpful. And the other side's problems if it gets too big, could affect them. 

"Did you find out why Hansung's identity is not found in any of the systems? Not even on the other side?" Jimin asked and Jin shook his head.

"No. Not yet." The brother nodded and didn't let this matter bother him too much because of more urgent matters. 

Someone knocked at the door and Lisa popped her head between the door frame and the door, with a smile plastered on her face. "Lunch time Mango~" She said and Jimin let out a chuckle before he stood up, grabbing onto his outer jacket. "Jin, you want to join us?" Asked the girlfriend and Seokjin shook his head. 

"Enjoy your lunch." He said and continued to his desk. 

"Such a workaholic." Lisa commented and Jimin landed a kiss on her forehead. 

"Hyung is very helpful in every single matters, if he wasn't hard working, we would have so much troubles." The boyfriend defended his friend. "Hyung, want me to bring something back?" He asked. 

Jin shook his head, "Your brain is enough." They laughed. Holding their hands, Lisa and Jimin headed to get lunch together. Once they were out of sight, Jin let out a sigh and fell on the back rest. The presence of Kim Taehyung in Genesis was starting to bother him. Of course he knew the reason why Hansung's fingerprint couldn't be found anywhere in the systems. There was a reason why Jin came to Genesis, although he didn't have any reasons to at the beginning for he didn't have any family nor friends in there. He came here to seek refuge, and he ended up meeting Jimin and Rose's father, who took him in, and now, he was co-working, with Jimin. He loved everything here, he didn't want to head back there. He had a house, he had a family, he had an identity, and he had people he cherished. He didn't want Kim Seokjin from the other side to live. It was better if he remained dead on the other side. 

//

V was on the wheel, and Rose was sitting besides him in the front passenger seat, in silence. She didn't seem to be worried being alone with him, but of course, she was a very silent and timid girl which was the problem. Kim Taehyung never dealt with her sort of personality... He only dealt with the underground people who all had a ****ed up past and life. He wasn't used to anything in which he didn't have the upper hand and it was annoying him. And from Park Chaeyoung's character, if he doesn't speak up, she could remain silent for the entire day.

They arrived at their destination, they were in the middle of the city, surrounded by tall skyscrapers, and there were people on the streets yet not as much as there was in Seoul. A 800,000m2 was on the North of where they stood. There was a port, on the South, where the river reminded V of the Han River. Seeing where Hansung was looking at, then she told him, "This is called the H River and there is a clock tower nearby there." She said.

"What are some of your favourite places?" He asked and Chaeyoung wondered why he was asking this question. "It is important for the tour guide to feel comfortable where they head to, so you take the lead. I am a tourist for the day." Hansung said and Rose liked the idea. 

"I know exactly where we could go first. You need clothes first." She said and a smile appeared on her face, before she started to walk to lead the way. V followed and easily caught up her pace and started walking besides her. He noticed the distance she often kept herself from everyone and he could simply let out a chuckle for this and the fact that, although he told her to bring him to places she liked, she decided to bring him to a place where he could get stuff he needed. Indeed she was very different than anyone he had ever met. "Remember, if you ever need anything, the shopping centre is where you should head to." He nodded. 

The shopping centre was gigantic, filled with all kinds of stores that are separated into sections. And to V's surprise, there were all kind of designer brands that some couldn't be bought in Seoul itself. What did Kim Taehyung wear? He wore an all-black suits without questions everyday, with a watch that could cost over $1M, and wearing designer sunglasses, with his bangs hanging on his forehead, pushed to one side, while the rest of his hair were gelled back. Did it attracted people's attention? Yes. If there was one word to describe Kim Taehyung, it would be extravagant. And it was nice to look at.

However, Hansung needed to be low on his profile, not because of his identity or whatsoever. But it was because of Park Chaeyoung whom cannot deal with attention and eyes directed to her or around her. And she was the only one who could help V, no one else. When he thought of it, it has been a while since he didn't wear all-black. They were on the floor where it only has male clothing stores, and it didn't bother Rose at all to be there. She was waiting outside, which at first Hansung told her to join him, since he felt bad to leave a lady outside alone, which he don't do if he were to go shopping with. But she insisted on staying outside so he could pick whatever he wanted without having to be distracted by her. V quickly chose a few "casual" outfits that he could wear which consist of sweaters, to wear over his tie and shirt. And he didn't fail to grab an all-black suit. 

With two huge bags, Taehyung left the store, and praised himself for writing $5M on the cheque Park Jimin gave him. 

Rose was waiting outside of the store and then noticed a child running towards her. Luckily she was already watching him because the little boy almost tripped. Chaeyoung caught him right on time, to intercept his fall, and she kindly warned him about the danger in running around a crowded area. “Little boy, please be careful and don’t hurt yourself, your parents will be very sad if you do.” Speaking of parents, the mother caught up with her child and apologized for the troubles he caused. 

“Thank you again.” The mother thanked her and the child waved at Chaeyoung before leaving with his mother, holding her hand. Rose was watching them walking away to join the father, and she couldn’t help but admire the beauty of it. It reminded her time she spent with Jimin, Jin and Lisawhen she was young. 

“Your reflexes are pretty quick for you to intercept a fall.” V commented besides her and she jumped from the sudden comment he made. She then also started to question herself, asking whether he had been here for a long time. He laughed at her facial expression. “I’m done. Shall we continue shopping?” He asked and Rose looked around.

”Do you need other stuff?” She asked and V shook his head. He didn’t need much more. 

“Since these are allowances from your brother.” He said, which wasn’t entirely false, “you choose where to go next. You were very thoughtful to let bring me get new clothes, and although it is not my money, I still want to return a favour.” He said. 

“Wherever I want?” She asked and V nodded, pursing his lips. “Let’s go eat then to the car first.” She said.