Part I: 5– Kim Seok Jin

Different World: Genesis

Lisa was simply in utter shock of Hansung’s appearance at their house, while Jimin was extremely furious, not because of the $5M that he took but still ended up here, but it was because of his presence in the house alone with his sister. And this was enough to drive him furious. “You f...” Jimin was about to grab onto V’s collars before Rose came down the stairs.

”Pokpak! Oppa!” She greeted while holding the toiletries in her arms. Jimin gave V a warning glare and turned to his sister.

”Chaeyoung-ah... what is the meaning of this?” He asked, while V couldn’t help but let out a laugh. He could completely hear the anger and miscontentment from his tone, but was still surprised how Park Chaeyoung could also be the one to tame him. Lisa went up to Rose who walked up to them. 

“Oppa, I know everything. I’m really happy and proud of you.” She said and smiled happily at him while Hansung was simply watching, unbothered. He held up his thumb and look for dead skin around the nail. “Hansung-shi doesn’t have anywhere to go, and despite every help you offered, he still felt bad and wanted to give you back the car you gave him.” She explained and Jimin understood everything now. He forced a smile, and turned to V. 

“I gave him my car.” He repeated in disbelief and realized the game this Hansung played. Taehyung nodded and stare back at Jimin. He knew that if Park Jimin really cared about his sister and didn’t want to disappoint her by telling her the truth: he gave him an empty cheque to chase him away. He entirely bet on the fact he would never tell his sister this. Because in return, Park Chaeyoung would simply feel horrible, and sorry for Hansung. 

Chaeyoung noticed the tensed atmosphere and approached Lisa, “Did something happened?” She asked and her best friend assured her everything was fine. 

“They are just feeling awkward.” Lisa said and to eased up the atmosphere, Rose came between them.

”Alright, how about we don’t make the guest stand too long in the hallway?” She asked and Jimin really wanted to kick that jackass out, at this second, yet he couldn’t do it in front of his sister. He couldn’t let her watch him treating someone meanly. He forced himself to look away from Hansung and headed to the living room followed by Lisa. “Alright, please have a seat in the living room, I will be putting this in your room.” Rose continued her way to the guest room that would be Hansung’s for a while. V his lips to cover the fun he was having getting his revenge on the stingy brother and walked to the living room.

”How long are you going to stay here?” Jimin asked without giving him a chance to sit down first. V turned to look over his shoulder, to look at Jimin, and continued his way to the couch until he was sitting to answer anything. He was simply having too much fun seeing him fuming in anger but without doing anything.

”What, you’re gonna give me another cheque?” He asked and rested his elbows on his knees before he looked up, his smile completely gone, and only his eyes seemed to be the only thing anyone could look at, “I forgot to tell you... in a place where I have no power, I thrive to get rid of those who does to be obtain some. If you’re planning to get rid of me...” He looked at the hall where his room was, “Should I drag her in?” 

Before Jimin could jump onto the man Rose brought home to cut his throat open and wreck his face, Lisa quickly held onto her boyfriend’s arms, and could simply regret for allowing Rose to save him. For not being able to prevent all these from happening. V then bursted into laughter. “This is too fun.” He commented and leaned against the back rest wiping a tear away. At the same moment, Jin entered the house to first notice the intruder. “Ah... the object of my interest.” Taehyung commented and greeted Jin with a bow of his head. 

“Are you done messing around? What exactly do you want?” He asked and had to control the volume of his voice. 

V thought for a while and looked right at Jin, “I am really homeless right now, I will be bothering you guys for a but, until my good old friend decides to come to me.” He said and Jin’s face wore no emotions. 

“Jimin. Don’t worry, we don’t have anything to. He is just bluffing, playing with our minds. Let him do what he wants and once he gets bored, he will leave.” Jin suggested and at this point, there weren’t much to do. Either Rose chases him out or he leaves on his own. But of course, Jimin will find a way to talk to his sister when that bastard wasn’t around. Jimin calmed down, and stood up.

Before he walked up to the stairs, he stopped and turned to V, “Don’t go too far with the fire you’re playing. You don’t know when you will end up burning yourself.” He warned and as he finished speaking, he went to his room. Lisa glared at V and stood up to join Rose in the guest room. Luckily the walls were soundproof, enough to cover conversation carried outside of a room.

There was only V and Jin left in the room. “You can help your friends. You know what I want.” Taehyung said seriously and looked at Jin. 

“I don’t know what you mean.” Jin said and left the living room.

Did V feel bad? Not at all. Jimin never treated him properly which he would reciprocate the treatment he received to him. Jin was hidings things he needed to know and he won’t leave until he discovers the entire truth. As for Lisa, he didn’t like women who speak everything out of their minds, the sort of people who are overprotected since young. Kim Taehyun lived a life where he did worst in order to get things his way. This compared to everything he had done was nothing. He was brought up to be emotionless. Detached from everything he does and from everyone he met. He was taught to focus on his goals and use any means to get to it. He was trained to forget about weaklings’ feelings like sympathy, enpathy and pity. That was Kim Taehyung. The ruthless gangster leader. 

Back in the room, Lisa leaned against the door frame in the bathroom, where Rose was placing the toiletries on the counter by the sink. “Rose... Don’t you feel a little awkward adding another man into the house?” She asked and the best friend turned to her. 

“Does it feel uncomfortable?” She asked and started to feel bad. Lisa couldn’t bring herself to say yes, be ause it wasn’t that she didn’t feel comfortable but it was because she simply didn’t get the good vibes from Hansung. Lisa shook her head and smiled to her.

“I’m just curious about you... since you usually don’t do well with strangers.”

”Uncomfortable yes... but he is homeless and really has no where to go.”

”How can you be so sure?” Lisa asked back and Rose’s expression saddened. 

“I don’t know if everything he said was the truth. I have no ideas of he could be, but when he said the thank you, I knew he needed help.” She said. “A thank you of a real appreciation of one’s help. A thank you that pinch a little in your heart.” Lisa came up to her friend and patted her back.

”My little Pasta is too poetic.” She commented and hugged her friend tightly.

She cannot blame Rose for trying to help everyone. It gets troublesome but it was also because of the source of her past. As her bestfriend, she sometimes will have to let Chaeyoung learn about the truth herself. She could only be there after the consequences. But when that moment comes, she will be ready and she will be there. Jimin was someone who would understand. He was mad, but it will pass by tonight. He wasn’t the type to go to bed with unsolved problems. Yet, to completely accept Hansung without knowing his background, it could be a bit too hard for Jimin to do so.

“Kim Seok Jin.” V called out and for a mere second, Jin stopped walking but quickly proceeded his way into his room. He let out a sigh before he went back downstairs. While he walked back to the guest room, Lisa was on her way up. She rolled her eyes and continued on her way. ‘Everyone are nice my .’ He thought, unaffected by the people of this house ignoring him. “It seems like I have intruded your house and people are really weary about my intentions.” He said and Rose just put down spare unused clothes that V could used. “Are you a maid...?” He asked under his breath but who knew she was able to hear him?!

”Ah.... I have the tendency to do a little too much.... I am done! Sorry to bother you...” She said and bowed in apology before she wanted to escape. But V stopped her on her way out. “If you leave I will be alone and have nothing to do.” He said as he held onto her arm. It was the perfect moment to ask her about everything he wanted to know, since Park Chaeyoung would be the only who would help him and she seemed to be the most trustworthy person he could ever meet here. She looked at him waiting for him to tell her what he wanted then and there Taehyung wondered how direct he needed to be. “Let’s talk.” He said before Jimin stormed into the room and made him released his grip from his sister’s arm. 

“Hansung. Let’s talk over everything you need to know to stay here.” He said with warning eyes. It wasn’t like V could decide. V retrieved his arm and Jimin turned to his sister, softening his voice and expression. “Chaeyoung-ah, Lisa seemed to have something for you, how about you go to her? I will take care of the guest.” He said and Rose nodded before leaving the room.

The brother went to shut the door closed and turned to Hansung with a glare. “What don’t you get? Are you playing with me?” He asked and Taehyung let out a sigh, sitting down on the couch in the room before shrugging. And Jimin was really at the limit of his patience, and he knew Hansung knew. “What do you want?”

”I really do have no place to go. As you might have guessed I am not from here.” He said and Jimin remained silent. There V wondered if Jimin might know more than his sister. Interesting. He thought. 

“My sister knows nothing. You better keep your distance from her. And, as long as you stay away from troubles, I won’t try to chase you out. Deal?” And Taehyung shrugged.

”Perfectly fine for me. Deal. I’m here to cause no harm to anyone, you don’t play me, I will be the best guest you would ever have. You poke me, I will show you the evil in me. As ling as we don’t cross path, I will play my part well.” Jimin nodded and that was all he needed. As a businessman, and Hansung being a gangster, their words were enough to come to an agreement. And what was said would be respected. That was how deals were done. Businessmen were almost like gangsters but without the underground activities and violence, yet they still manipulate people’s minds. So was that why Jimin had this feeling of V being more than just a simple citizen?

Jimin came out and his sister and Lisa were eating the desserts, and it completely made all the negativity in him to fade away. He let out a sigh and smiled, approaching them. He did the most he needed to do, and Hansung didn’t seem like he has any ulterior motive for approaching his sister. And it was true that he really didn’t have a place to go... the only thing was he was from there...

Jin was silently cooking, like he loves it while everyone else did what they wanted in the meantime, when Jimin came up to him. “Hyung.” He called and he turned to him. “Is he someone you know?” He asked and he remained silent for a while before nodding. “Can we trust him for now?” 

Without hesitation, he nodded, “He doesn’t have the cleanest background but his words could be trusted. As for the reason why he is here... He is looking for the reason I ended up here. Although I know him, I wasn’t close with him.” He explained and Jimin didn’t need further explanations. Because what happened in the past didn’t matter anymore. As long as Jin said Hansung could be trusted, he had no more problems. Did Jimin know about Jin? Yes. Does others know like Lisa or Rose? Yes.